Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

The only heroic scale pussy is the tiger that He-man rides IMO.

On behalf of Warmahordes I protest.

Of course someone has done the obvious.

(Although this is possibly the wrong thread for that).

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

That strikes me as strange as well. The ship itself is sloppy and looks like rear end, but the freehand is actually quite good.

Not really strange. He's learned to paint on canvas (or paper with watercolours) so can do freehand. But doesn't have a clue about minis techniques like washes or even thinning paints and how much paint you want on the brush.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think it's less "THIN YOUR PAINTS" and more "DAUB SOME OF THE EXCESS PAINT OFF YOUR BRUSH AND ONTO A PAPER TOWEL, BEFORE APPLYING IT TO A MINIATURE" :v:

Pretty much. And excess paint isn't quite so much of an issue in an ordinary painting (depending on the medium - watercolour on paper it can be fatal to the paper itself) because you can't obscure the details of the underlying paper.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I've no idea why the Nazi version - but that's not terrible sculpting. It's just an unpainted Mr. Blobby, who was Britain's answer to Barney the Dinosaur. For those unfamiliar with the horror this abomination was Christmas number 1 in 1993

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Loxbourne posted:

I believe the same guy moved on to the Dropzone community, where he did a big Dropfleet showcase covered in Imperial Japanese flags. Same poo poo, just with an extra layer of "but whhhhhhhyyy, they're just hiiiiiistorical references!". When called out, he told a German player that he should be honouring his people's proud history.

What confuses me about these jackasses is why they never say "The Hugo Boss uniforms look spiffy. And I hate to lose but I cheer when Nazis lose - so it doesn't feel bad if I lose while playing the Nazi side. Which makes the game more fun for me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

this is so clever and yet so obvious that i can't help but wonder why ive never seen this idea until today

I've seen skeles and zombies rising from the grave, and Mantic's undead (far the best of Mantic's lines) have some off the sprue models doing exactly this. I've never seen the legs below the base before.