Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

It's a setup where male Imperial Guardsman have captured a female Eldar warrior and are about to rape her.

Includes tits, the guys looking excited, and the Eldar woman looking horrified.

It'd be a great piece if they removed everything rape related to it. Which is the entire thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Pierzak posted:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Dark_Eldar/DARK-ELDAR-TANTALUS.html

No Nazi flag inspiration at all. Completely accidental :rolleyes:

I realize that scheme is often parodied as shorthand for "evil oppressive regime", but come on, we've got enough Nazi imitators in the hobby as it is, they don't need encouragement.

I think you're trying to make something out of nothing. Then again...

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012
Fun fact: the worst tabletop player I've ever met was a guy who has no qualms about his Holocaust denial beliefs. He was a Space Marine player.

Now shut up about Nazis. Communists are in thing right now.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Len posted:

Is that how line of sight works in 40k? They base it off the model not the base size? Weird.

In 40k, they use the "true line of sight" rule. This means if you can see any volume of the model, you can shoot at it.

In fact, back in fourth edition, it was common for people to not put a base on their models unless they could not stand on their own (another rule stated if your model could not remain upright on any sort of terrain, it died). This was because the base of the model was considered part of the model, and therefore made the volume larger.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

rkajdi posted:

Hopefully with some pictures for the rkajdi method of getting armies painted quickly and decently (i.e. dip the poo poo out of it and choose a good color scheme)

As someone who has used the Army Painter method before (minus the dipping, but used Devlin Mud soooo... kind of the same thing?), I can say that three colors is enough as long as you understand basic color theory.

I almost have my faction army collection complete and none of it is painted. The ONLY reasons why I haven't painted them yet is because I've been too busy building the models. Thankfully, Christmas is next month and I'll finally be getting my hands on some airbrushing stuff and I should be starting my terrible painting ideas first month of 2015.

It's been almost five years since I've painted anything. It's all going to start off like poo poo at first until I get my groove back.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

ijyt posted:

What the gently caress. It genuinely looked like a dude had some old sprue that he sprayed with chrome paint.

Someone's going to have to explain why you would want chromed out plastic minis. I can only assume GW did this as a means to get more money out of unknowing hobbyists.

Also, chrome out your necrons. Bonus points for Harley-Davidson gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

I seriously thought the flag was photo shopped until I saw the beaky model.

This doesn't surprise me. It should, but not much surprises me anymore after the nazi IG tanks.