Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
She's got a hungry look. I'm going with pies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Not the right place... :shrug:

E: not mine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
What does "dog-whistle" in that context mean? That it's a quiet mention? Seems way less quiet than, say, a pre-apartheid south Africa flag.

When I get around to making a ww2 blitzkrieg army I'm gonna use cross pattee's for everything.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
As an artist that is a fair price which, as an artist, I would never pay.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
No. It doesn't work. And that's why I'm a marketing design slave with a decent wage who saves all my funsies projects for free time.

E:content

These windriders are ready for they "shining spear conversion"

DiHK fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 4, 2017

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Honestly I've had a hard time finding ww1/Prussian/biker style iron crosses for my 15mm ww2 Nazi tanks. The best I've found so far is 3rd party Black Templar decals.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 10, 2017

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Grey Hunter posted:

It makes me wonder if anyone has ever painted nazis in confederate colours to double down on the stupid.

You know... technically the CSA uniform is gray (in practice OT was whatever those guys could get their hands on).

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

SRM posted:

that's the incorrect feldgrau for Spring 1862

THe important question is what did Gen. Rommel's personal battle flag look like. :colbert:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Well that's nice to know. Square jacks for ever *whistles Dixie*

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Osric posted:

Why do people in this thread hate boobs so much?

Warhammer 40k’s whole aesthetic is OTT pulpy/body-horror/H.R Giger-esque weirdness. Tits are totally appropriate.

Some of the titified conversions are hilariously silly and personally I wouldn’t buy a model that was hanging tit because I like a tiny bit of realism in my weird fantasy models.

But tits certainly aren’t bad or evil or even out of place in a 40k aesthetic.

Trap: Sprung.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
HEY LOOK AT THIS BAD THING. I'M GOING TO DO IT TO MY ELDAR!

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

thread relevant

No pectoral window: 7/10.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

That's not some kind of cuck fantasy involving dog-men instead of dark skinned men. Clearly.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Just sayin :colbert:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

why are you like this

I blame it on going to a private art school for animation as a 30 year old and witnessing all the young dudes obsession with anime anthropomorphism.

Also as a born and raised Mississippian white dude I have a latent fascination with BBC "violating" "our" white women.

E:It's more about the "take me from behind" pose of Chimera.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 25, 2017

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
If mini-sculpting is art then all interpretations are subjective and valid.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Ilor posted:

Soiled-sport :mad:

FTFY

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

gently caress my assssssssssssssssss

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

All in all I'm pretty ok with this lady marine interpretation. The legs remind me of that particular anime style of robot samurai where their thighs are huge and their lower legs are spindly...

SHoulder pads are a bit weird but w/e.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Like, it is pretty ham fisted but w/e, great job random facebook home boy.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

JcDent posted:

I really liked GW's wording of the question, really smoothly done.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

someone buy me an avatar that flips between these 4 beautiful faces. TIA

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't know how I feel about that Flinstone locomotive.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Baron Snow posted:

Yeah, that is the classic

Yeah, THIS is incredible. The repulsor... i dunno, pales in comparison I guess.

Thank god I don't want to play orks, I'd have a stroke just thinking about all the conversion possibilities.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Chill la Chill posted:

Not doing a stylish pose. It’s shirtless DOOM guy

it's deffo a mixed pose. Like half is saying "cheers!" and the other half is about to drop a sick elbow.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
rip, tear, shred, slice, cut... it's all there.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

I wish theyd stop, simpsons hasn't been good since the 31st millennium

Maggie is still a baby and she sits atop the golden high chair.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I believe you mean inertial dampeners.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

He had that look... like he'd been in the poo poo.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Is her name Abby Normal

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Len posted:

How was that game? I remember it being fairly popular at Origins when I first started going to cons and looking really cool. It doesn't really matter because the only games in my area are Warhams and Flames of War but I like to look at other things

Whatever version I played I fo7nd it to be a convoluted mess but that was probably the guy trying to show me.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Giant Ethicist posted:

No, Confrontation was very much a hot mess of a game that happened to be supported by beautiful miniatures.

The prepaint plastics version, which used basically the same ruleset as AT-43, was good, but the Venn diagram of overlap between Confrontation fans who loved the first edition for its awesome models (and forgave the lovely game for its shittiness because of it) and Confrontation fans who were interested in a pretty-good game (and could forgive OK-to-good plastic prepaints to play it) was very small.

Boy you doxxed me good. I had no idea there were two comings of the Confrontatioms.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Is that a squat on stilts?

Phil that is an amazing treasure trove and I hope it never runs out.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

7/10. Needs a couple of dudes being transported on it's dudes for true Polar Rhino Bear

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
What if I used star wars imperial land vehicles in a DAK army(desert nazis)

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Schadenboner posted:

Isn't this literally Dust?

Maybe? I've never looked hard enough at it.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
No wonder that game isn't selling.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Isn't it the Porsche heavy tank hull? Or were those used for the elephants(ferdinands?)

The StuH 42 is the assault gun version of the StuG. Maybe its 44... im not looking it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah, it wasn't even really a "Stormboyz are Nazis" thing, it was a "Punks sometimes use Nazi-like imagery without generally espousing the doctrines of that movement" thing.

E: Although skinheads are a thing, obviously. But the Stormboyz thing has to be understood in the context of the cultural milieu of the creators: 1980s Britain I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz1sBi0-130