Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Turn extra bits into a free Carnifex using one weird trick found by a gamer! Game stores hate him!

Chief Librarian Tigurius frowned. The Tyranid clearly knew he was there, but it made no move to attack him. Slowly, he reached out, straining his powers to brush the link that bound all Tyranids, seeking to divine its intent.

Kill...me...please...PLEASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Allow me to share something I found on the Privateer Press Skorne boards.

This is Morghoul, a Skorne warlock who's kind of an assassin type.

A guy on the Skorne boards apparently thought when starting out, that Morghoul was a woman.

quote:

To start I know that Morghoul is a male according to PP fluff. When I first started playing I did not realize this and it just kind of stuck.

So, he had a friend mod Morghoul for him.

quote:

A friend of mine modded the model and I have finally finished painting her....pink. I will take some pictures and see what i need to do to get her posted.

quote:

....i am talking he made her have DD's with a lot of cleavage.

Behold, the gamer way to emphasize womanhood: huge, mostly-bared breasts that look like plastic surgery done by the lowest bidder.

More at http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?211878-Female-Morghoul

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Rulebook Heavily posted:

"Whose skeleton is this, Brother Ossuary"

"It's Mine" :vomarine:

Gene seed extraction gone horribly wrong...or horribly right?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

My first question was "Why are they giving someone who undoubtedly hates them all their ammo?"

poo poo, if I was being forced to trudge through a dungeon like that, I'd give serious consideration to jumping down the first bottomless pit the party came across and take all that with me.

E: The expected first question of "Why is that even a thing", I didn't ask because I already know the answer is "Grognards are terrible individuals".

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Numlock posted:

In my historical's group usually has the best painted miniatures, best terrain, etc... around the LGS. We make a big effort in always making sure what we are playing with looks 1000x better than anything the Warhammer, Warmahordes, etc... guys are doing so we can be giant smug cunts about it. "Just let me clear this garbage off this table and we can set up" *throws all the 40k terrain in some bins without caring one bit about damaging it*

Meanwhile I actually overheard some warhams guys talking about how painting was a waste of time because learning how to thin paints properly was too hard.

Source your quotes.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Gumdrop Larry posted:

There are a lot of what ifs without particularly good answers when using that rule. At this point, in 40k specifically, it's probably some mixture of the concept being a holdover from past editions and there being enough variety and unconventional profiles with the models to cleanly implement a base size = specific volume system similar to Warmachine or whatever else.

In WMH and Malifaux, they tie base size to "size profile", and generally tend to be sculpted accordingly, with figures on similar sized bases being similar in size or height on width (well, some of the new 2e Malifaux plastic models are a little notorious for being oversized for their base size). With 40k, I get that there might be a holdover effect, but it seems like it really seems to limit creative stuff people could do, and makes some of the new kits a little strange. Maybe instead of going with the base size = size profile, they could have a couple of iterations of size profiles and then just note which size profile a model is, in their rules?

I'm thinking some size profiles where the width is equivalent to the base size, but some widths you measure out from the base an additional half-inch or up. Height works much the same for all of them.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Some guy just shared his WIP Malifaux crew to a Malifaux FB group. Sadly, he seems to have taken the train of thought of "Asians are commonly referred to as yellow in coloration. Therefore, Simpsons."

:cripes:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I look forward to lawyers dueling over what constitutes a good paint job.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Actually in this case it would be pretty easy considering the numerous other painting studios that exist in the US and how easy it would be to get price quotes and cost estimates. Not to mention it would probably fall along the same lines as any bespoke specialty product, be it a painted miniature or a handmade wood table. If you ordered a custom suit from a professional tailor, and he was like "yeah it will be just as good as and in the same style as this Brooks Brothers suit of similar price" and then you got clothes with exposed stitching and a arm sewn on backwards you'd also be pissed.

Oh, I know there's probably actual lines of argument that are reasonable and well-founded, but I still like to imagine a courtroom scene with Golden Daemon winners testifying, brushes and paint pots presented as evidence, and the painter's mother tearfully telling reporters that her son has always been such a good boy and that he'd never do a bad paint job.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Paper Kaiju posted:

So the skulls reliefs have gun turrets in their eye sockets, but there's no gun turret in the giant relief sculpture of an actual gun?

You're right; that is authentic 40K.

I'm pretty sure that's an actual Marine in what is an exemplary disguise.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Honestly, despite the Hollismason-style approach to materials, if the guy is going for "creepy as poo poo" in that unknowable horror way, he's succeeding.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It looks like he's wearing jogging pants, too. :v:

That's straightup Walmart-shopper-in-sweatpants-butt.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

No one has noted that the woman is crying? :stare:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

spectralent posted:

They were originally fairly explicitly soul golems but in the book one removes his helmet and looks human enough to reassure a human villager he's not a monster, so make of that what you will.

Is that right before he murdered the villager to save the villager's soul from Chaos?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I know most stuff in that nature comes with a more-than-creepy factor attached, but that guy specifically references Wolfenstein as his inspiration so much, I'm inclined to take it as a serious effort to replicate the Wolfenstein feel of pulpy Nazi tech/occultism.

It probably doesn't hurt that I rate Wolfenstein: TNO and TOB as two of the best games I've played in recent years.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

MidnightPhoenix posted:

You bring up a terrifying notion that our mini collections should be viewed as our dating profiles...

My dating profile is bare and grey :smith:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I like to think this guy and Doomrider are best buds.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Geisladisk posted:

You didn't even post the best one.

I would buy this and put it on my desk just so I can have a good laugh every now and then.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Doomguy does not need a hammer to rip and tear :colbert:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

A guy posted some of his custom Marvel: Crisis Protocol models to the unofficial FB group and uh...I think he needs to go back to the drawing board. Here's one of them:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The new Keeper of Secrets model is fuckin' rad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

:thunk: