Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The play dough faces aren't a bad rendition of the epic plague tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Small world. I saw this posted on Facebook yesterday.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Try biostrip - it's the only thing I'll use for stripping plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK2jGRbeL0Q

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUpVLUjs28M

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They've either been dipped or had wash applied with a house brush.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah those really aren't that far off salvageable.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Snipped into component parts, sorted into pop seal bags and stored under the bed in my spare room.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Amphigory posted:

OK, I finally finished stripping the paint off this marine!

He spent a good while in nail varnish remover, which pretty much melted all the plastic, and got rid of most of the paint (middle photo)

I then put him in Dettol for another few weeks. Took him out today and gave him a good scrub (rightmost photo). There's still a tiny bit of blue on him - it just will not come off. I have no idea what 13 year old me painted him with to basically weld the blue paint onto him!

I now have a load more miniatures soaking in Dettol...

It sounds like you're in the UK.

Order some Biostrip

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Biostrip is completely safe on plastic. Wonderful stuff!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've stripped a lot of metal and plastic with 20. I've not tried any form of resin.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Some of those are loving awesome.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I think that model is rad, but I can't stop cringing at that dirty rear end warham nail

These are your people.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Still looks better than the Mastodon.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

rndmnmbr posted:

From AI's very own Mekboy.

This page needs Malals bike.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

omnibobb posted:

:nws:[url]http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=75492:nws:[/url]

Heres the vagina lylyth. Dude posted a thread about his models. Notice how no one comments on the awkward nudity!

I tried two different google searches for the werewolf that had the sculpted on penis. I am NOT doing a third.

None of the replies on that thread acknowledge the tasteful and thematically appropriate labia.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Nothing, that is the beauty of it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Haha is the boxed kit not available any more? That would not surprise me.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh thats cool. I picked one up years ago and never got around to building it as I always used a librarian for my HQ. I don't play 40k any more so I wondered if I could get sweet ebay bucks.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

Searching for term "Good Anime"

searching...

searching...

Zero results.

Anime is bad.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
"infinity has been improving, all of the cheesecake sculpts have been rotated out"
:goonsay:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Its :goonsay: all the way down.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Fathis Munk posted:

That was posted like 10 posts above yours dude.

And quoted like 3 posts above yours.

I meant to empty quote it but fat fingered editing on mobile. We can all enjoy it again, friend.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The ogres have now a new Leader, Tromph, and with the help of the Captain Ogre he want to rewrite the ogres history and create a new era.

Painted and customized by The Miniature´s Chest Team

Wrong thread.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Sorry, the hair on the guy on that far right really screamed "Windblown Trump" to me.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Its the new Custodes dread for 30k with Leviathan arms.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Thread back on track.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Best of the Worst: please explain this joke until it is a dry transparent windborn husk.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Combat Stripper

Tits McGee talking on her phone as she goes to meet her girlfriends at the mall

:qq: :qq: :qq: Stop bringing up the old models. They've changed. They don't do that any more. :qq: :qq: :qq:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I think the only thing worth actually buying on that site is the pack of alternate heads for the Big Hero 6 robots.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Laser cutting non-sheet material is not really doable because the focal point changes. Unless you're mounting the laser on a robot arm and have a mm accurate scan of the topography of the thing you're cutting, I guess.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Colonial Air Force posted:

You mean you don't!?

Not everyone does!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That design sure works well with that $200 banggood printer.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Another satisfied Z customer.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JcDent posted:

I have tried recasts before and they were generally OK. But the smell is terrible, the shipping time is glacial, and both have enough miniatures and need to support my FLGS, so I stopped.

They're not all like that :ssh:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah, some of them use horrendously cheap and nasty resin that is full of awful chemicals. They're probably legit dangerous to health just being handled. :gonk:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Casting bits and pieces for yourself is great fun. Someone at my hackspace built a vacuum chamber out of an old paint pot and its absolutely perfect for just casting up random weapons and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I sell legiones astartes and legiones astartes accessories.