Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

For anyone who doesn't know that an MLP high school AU exists:

Why would you make this a Slaanesh :psyduck:

gently caress you for ruining that model for me and gently caress the guy who made it, too. I wanted to live in ignorant bliss that someone just wanted to capture the colorful and radical feeling of the late 80's and early 90's and was totally just trying to recapture their childhood that was full of awesome surfer slang and kid rock and roll.

Seriously, taken out of context, it's rather cool, but loving grogs and their ponies ruining everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Frobbe posted:

Ponies killed the thread!

GET TO DA CHOPPA

On second thought, let's not ride in Independance O7 Trajan

This just doesn't go far enough for me. Needs a 'Nam era Huey Hog paint job.

Though my mind runs wild with the possibilities of Huey themed conversions.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Ugleb posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

We are now in the final week of the season, but the whole thing starts over on May 1st. Each month has different challenges and there is a set of annual/monthly prizes that you can win by just taking part or by earning enough points over the year from regular oathing or judges points.

I'm a fairly average painter and have managed a couple of 3rd place monthly judge points so you don't need to be enviably good like a few of the participants manage to be.

I might get back in depending on rules and/or my ability to actually be able to paint things in my current and future domiciles. If I hadn't relocated two years ago, I would've started to experiment with airbrushing, and would really like to do so again, but I fear I won't have any place to do so. Also, spray can primer might be right out as well; though maybe I can sneak up onto the roof of my apartment building when nobody is looking...

Seriously, though, I would love to get back to get back into this, especially with the Dropfleet Commander kickstarter due to ship within the next two months. But again, availability of a place to actually paint is an actual issue for me.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I'm really stretching here hoping in the goodness of people on the internet but isn't that insignia also used by the modern version of the luftwaffe?

On second thought, modern Germany doesn't seem too big on nationalism, so yeah, its probably Nazi's....

We could forgive him if it was just the balkenkruz (no, we couldn't), but the yellow-tip markings are specifically from those used by Me-109 squadrons, especially those involved in the Battle of Britain. So, it's kind of a 1 + 1 thing, and also Flipswitch has been going on about this in the DZC thread.

It does also highlight how lovely of a painter/person this guy is that he couldn't even paint proper Luftwaffe camouflage, and instead opted for the "flat grey" the early Wermacht and Heer ground forces were known for, and even then it's the wrong drat grey.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

No Pun Intended posted:

Apart from the obvious Germanic insignia; it's a pretty solid colour scheme or does it still blatantly scream Luftwaffe?

YF19pilot posted:

the yellow-tip markings are specifically from those used by Me-109 squadrons, especially those involved in the Battle of Britain.

Sorry to self quote.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Grey Hunter posted:

So finding 15mm Hueys is a bitch, so someone has put these beauty's on ebay.

Badly painted yes, but not the worst the tread has seen, and only £20 for 6! wait....

They are converted pencil sharpeners!

The worst part is part of me wants to buy them and see how much work it would be to convert them into usable models. I'd have to figure out how to make a flight stand though.....

Ha! My dad had a couple of those Huey pencil sharpeners once upon a time (having worked on them for a living). If it's the same thing my dad had, those should be some kind of cheapish brass, I believe. Though the rotors should be/are plastic.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Kwyndig posted:

I can't decide if this one is referencing Metropolis or Spaceballs.

As low brow as "Babes II" is, it's probably a parody C3P0 in the back of their minds. If you said Metropolis they'd probably stare at you in confused bewilderment.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

SynthOrange posted:

I was trying to think of why this seemed much better than today when I realized that I'd uploaded the digital render, rather than the production model.

Spot the difference.

I generally don't like tits for tits' sake models, but I actually think it works better for this model. She seems less "sexy grandma" and more "imposing lady of power". Combined with the demon-cherubs, she just seems super imposing and more sinister without the shawl.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Nebiros posted:

Or question why the hell I had a hard time finding US Paratrooper or Desert Rats (Shorts please) when I still actively played. I should see if I have some of my scrunts/paintjobs at the time around still on that note.

Great, now I want to make LRDG and Auto-Sahariane themed armies.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Frobbe posted:

Whelp, there was a wave of planes like this tested during WWII by nearly all participants. I can't remember the rationale but i guess there's a reason they stopped trying.

The idea mostly had to do with taking an existing platform (cheap!) and giving it a longer range by virtue of having twice as many fuel tanks. The F-82 Twin Mustang was probably the only bird of its kind to see action, mostly in a ground attack/CAS/spotter-marker role in the Korean War.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I've been so far out of the loop on WH40K stuff that I didn't realize that T54/55 turret wasn't a conversion. Now if only GW would introduce more competent tank design into the rest of its line...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

:getin: