Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you thought the arguments about whether ridley should be in smash or not were bad well now its going to be forty o those at any given moment

i hope pinsir gets in

pinsir is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I fuckin love speculating the rosters of these crossover Nintendo games. gently caress yeah.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I have already composed a 10-page thesis on why Bidoof is going to be in this game.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I fuckin love speculating the rosters of these crossover Nintendo games. gently caress yeah.

haunter would be cool as gently caress

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

pikachu will be the gon of this game

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Electrode ftw

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

I have already composed a 10-page thesis on why Bidoof is going to be in this game.

Soral
May 30, 2009

if hawlucha isnt in this game then i dont know what the gently caress

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I really hope Sawk and Throh are going to be in it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i rest my fuckign case

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Soral posted:

i rest my fuckign case

ah, the luchadore of Pokemon

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Hope against hope for snorlax

Soral
May 30, 2009

No Such Thing posted:

Hope against hope for snorlax

this too

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjG1raSHMI

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
is pokken supposed to be a play on the word tekken

Soral
May 30, 2009

it's a pokemon game made by the makers of tekken

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

Awesome.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i cant wait to beat some little ratty kid at this and have to explain to their parent why their kid is a casual

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Soral posted:

Can't wait to watch Smash players struggle again by playing a real fighting game and to only give up in defeat.

Soul Calibur 2 was amazing for that. :allears:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Can't wait to watch Smash players struggle again by playing a real fighting game and to only give up in defeat.

Soul Calibur 2 was amazing for that. :allears:

:allears:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
*declares that they will main link*

*is brutally beaten by Sophia*

*declares Sophia cheap and that you must use a different character*

Dec 26, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

*thinks soul calibur is in some way balanced like a real fighting game*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

*thinks soul calibur is in some way balanced like a real fighting game*

I've had people who are into smash brothers get so frustrated with marvel vs Capcom 2 that Soul Calibur is the only fighter that I can get them to play because it's Nintendo coated. And each time a special goes off they wanna pause the game and say "now if this was smash brothers..." and then explain how they would win in Smash brothers if marvel vs Capcom 2 was smash brothers.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom was the same deal and I know at least two people who treated it like it was an affront to gaming. With stuff like "these types of games should not be on a nintendo console".

and Forget poo poo like any of the Street Fighters or King of Fighters, tekken and virtua fighter are also out of the question.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 27, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i legit love soul calibur and am sad they're never making another one after 5

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've had people who are into smash brothers get so frustrated with marvel vs Capcom 2 that Soul Calibur is the only fighter that I can get them to play because it's Nintendo coated. And each time a special goes off they wanna pause the game and say "now if this was smash brothers..." and then explain how they would win in Smash brothers if marvel vs Capcom 2 was smash brothers.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom was the same deal and I know at least two people who treated it like it was an affront to gaming. With stuff like "these types of games should not be on a nintendo console".

and Forget poo poo like any of the Street Fighters or King of Fighters, tekken and virtua fighter are also out of the question.

who the gently caress would hang out with you lol

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

elf help book posted:

who the gently caress would hang out with you lol

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
soul calibur is garbage poo poo for idiots

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

SirPhoebos posted:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Soral posted:

i rest my fuckign case

gently caress yeah

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

aegislash would be cool.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
so then pokken is supposed to be a play on tekken

thats really gay

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

all fighting games are good

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
:japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan:

ken just means like fist or something in japanese so it's really just pokemon fist

like there's the added joke that it's because namco is making it but there's more to it then that

:japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan: :japan:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This thing had better have the best pokemon, Quagsire.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
a tekken game with projectiles? pass

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I hope it has the garbage bag Pokémon

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

The Taint Reaper posted:

Maybe it's more that "real" fighting games are garbage? Just a thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
throw all fighting games in the garbage and just play bushido blade forever

• Locked thread