Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i have never played tekken but people still bother to play it in tourneys so its probably ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

*plays Tekken* this game loving sucks, I hate fighting games!

*plays the exact same game but with pokemon as the characters* hell yes! This is loving awesome.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It would own if this song was in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QS2uRwaVY

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mabels big day posted:

*plays the exact same game but with pokemon as the characters* hell yes! This is loving awesome.

tekken doesnt have projectiles does it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

tekken doesnt have projectiles does it

The Jacks can fire projectiles

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

mabels big day posted:

-me, whenever this game comes out.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The deadly martial art - "martial arts"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

martial arts were invented by asians westerners didnt know how to use their bodies to fight till the 1900s

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Miltank posted:

-me, whenever this game comes out.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
pokken fighters. a play on the word tekken

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

never much of a tekken fan really. i know some of the characters like king, heihachi, paul, but never got into it. i was more on the side of virtua fighter than tekken back in the day. i remember going to the arcades and always seeing tekken but never took a chance on playing it. even with a playstation i never had an interest with the game. i mean, tekken tag tournment for the playstation 2 looked nice, hell, i even thought it looked pretty cool, but again, never dived into the series.

who knows aboit pokken though. i will probably purchase it if the reviews are good. heh, this is just like with hyrule warriors and dynasty warrior games. was never a fan or had interest with dynasty warrior games till hyrule warriors and now i plan on having a go with that once it comes out. it's interesting how little "perks" to a game can really grab your interest to a game, you know what i am saying? now they just need to make some sort of moba with star fox characters and it would definitely be a go go for me and for future purchases.

pokken has potential i guess is the best thing i am going to say of the game-- for now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Anime Device posted:

never much of a tekken fan really. i know some of the characters like king, heihachi, paul, but never got into it. i was more on the side of virtua fighter than tekken back in the day. i remember going to the arcades and always seeing tekken but never took a chance on playing it. even with a playstation i never had an interest with the game. i mean, tekken tag tournment for the playstation 2 looked nice, hell, i even thought it looked pretty cool, but again, never dived into the series.

who knows aboit pokken though. i will probably purchase it if the reviews are good. heh, this is just like with hyrule warriors and dynasty warrior games. was never a fan or had interest with dynasty warrior games till hyrule warriors and now i plan on having a go with that once it comes out. it's interesting how little "perks" to a game can really grab your interest to a game, you know what i am saying? now they just need to make some sort of moba with star fox characters and it would definitely be a go go for me and for future purchases.

pokken has potential i guess is the best thing i am going to say of the game-- for now.

wisdom

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Still gonna be a better fightgame than street fighter x tekken tho

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

exmorte posted:

Still gonna be a better fightgame than street fighter x tekken tho

game was what we in the industry refer to as "aight"

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

They're making a Tekken game but reskinned with Pokemon characters? Count me the gently caress out.

Me instead I will may try to get into Tekken beforehand, only to fail like every other single time I tried playing fighting games.
At least Tekken has (some) good music.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Circular motions are just something I CAN'T do.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
3d fighting games are bad

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

stoutfish posted:

3d fighting games are bad

All of them?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

zen death robot posted:

I'm more into SFIV/Alpha/Third Strike myself. Tekken is ok I guess, for a 3D fighter.

I would rather play strekken then fuckin sf4/alpha and that game is horrible

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Anime Device posted:

All of them?

yes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tekken is awesome you losers. 3D fighting supremacy.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
tekken is real good and this game will be good too. no one cool will play it tho because pokemon fans are terrible. also tekken does have projectiles: devil chars have eye lazers, alicia fires a robot fist, and in tekken revolution theres the vampire lady who has a kof style grounded fireball.

darealkooky posted:

I would rather play strekken then fuckin sf4/alpha and that game is horrible
sf4 is w/e but you're seriously loving up playing sfxt over a2

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
DOA > Tekken

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
tekken owns actually

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

DOA > Tekken

No.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

virtua fighter lol :razz:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

virtua fighter was important man

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I remember the girl as hot

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

program666 posted:

I remember the girl as hot

you mean misty?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Actually I was thinking about fx figher. Younger me would probably beat one for this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

who the gently caress would hang out with you lol

God drat

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

elf help book posted:

who the gently caress would hang out with you lol

:wow:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Whenever I make my friends play terrible games they tell me why the game is bad and suggest other, better games we could play. lol noobs.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope slowbro gets in somehow.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I hope slowbro gets in somehow.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzmbam385J1qczibyo1_r1_500.gif