Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Back by popular demand we filled the main league! I'm bringing the Madden PS Fantasy Draft League back for another go! This league is casual as all hell, so I'm setting it to Coaches only. gently caress hot dog prices, this league is here for playing a team you usually never care about, with a hand picked roster to have fun playing games with goons.

:clint:Da Rules:clint:

* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with accelerated clock.
* Everyone must be an coach. You can choose an existing coach, or create McFart FuckHell for all I care.
* Please try to limit cheese play. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sportsmen in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, questionable lineups, ie speed WRs as TE, abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.) Running up the score aggressively on users is frowned upon.
* Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next pre-season. No jumping teams mid-season.
* Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them and risk their place in the league. While we have had some pretty good pubbies in the league, we've had a few utter shitheads and we'd rather just keep them out.
* No position changing your Franchise QB into a punter to cheap out on contracts. This may not be a possibility but with unlimited position changes it may actually be. We wont know until it launches.

CPU Games
Get them in, get the W. I don't care if you need to restart to get the W, but please don't restart just to pad stats/avoid injuries. If you blow them out, that's fine, but let's not restart 8 times to get your QB 900 yards. that happens once we hit Season 3 or 4 anyway as people have fun to stay interested. Jake Locker, 12 TD champ

Trades
CPU Trades are off. Trade with your fellow goon instead.

Schedule:
The league will advance every 2-3 days, or when all User Games are in. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with 3 days. Please let Dubious know after 24 hours if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand, we will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then he has 1 day after that to finish up their week or the league will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
PSN: Havoc904
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Giants -
PSN:
Alt Contact:

Washington Redskins -
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers - human being Guy
PSN: thenardpuppy
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints - D_I
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals - Danimo
PSN:
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks - Rabid Snake
PSN: GeologicNW
Alt Contact: pm

NFC North
Green Bay Packers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions - tensai
PSN: tensai7
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears - da_goob
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins - jabro
PSN: BadLeRo
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets - davecrazy
PSN: dpcv8
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts - Yuzenn
PSN: mdubb354
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars - The Piper
PSN: nasty-niss
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans - Bonham
PSN: davidbonham
Alt contact:

Houston Texans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact: PM

Kansas City Chiefs - waah
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens - Nagger
PSN: xbox_user
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns - Dubious
PSN: dubious
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PSN is foxmedik, alt contact for me is PMs.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Also we need draft availability times. Plan for at least 90 minutes. Im thinking friday or monday evenings after 6 pst. Going to PAX this weekend so a sat/sun draft is not happening.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I can do pretty much any day Mon-Thurs after 6pm est

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
League up.

league name: sasfldraft
PW : gooneball

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
All set up with my squad as coach Richard "Dick" McCackin of the Colts.

Availability for a draft is any friday and monday except these ones coming up as its a holiday weekend and ill be at a shore house without any internet.

Otherwise M-F I can swing anytime after 6pm and weekends I can be free for 90 minutes pretty much anytime.

Super excited to play with goons again!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I'll take the Cowboys in this league as well. I can go full on Al Davis with my draft board.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
In with the Titans PSN davidbonham

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I'm always available for the draft so whenever is good with you guys. I'll join in a few.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
fake twitter best twitter

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Let's do this.

I can draft almost any time.

You have no idea how disappointed I was that "torn sleeve hoodie" was not one of the create-a-coach apparel options.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Let's do this.

I can draft almost any time.

You have no idea how disappointed I was that "torn sleeve hoodie" was not one of the create-a-coach apparel options.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

the first bizarro league has already been hit with :godwin:

:getin:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That's obviously a xbox screen shot!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also from Madden 25!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

also from Madden 25!

ill give that i didnt notice the xbox buttons buuuuuuuut the interface is nearly identical

idiotface
Jul 24, 2003

I'll sign up for Ravens.

Xbox_User psn

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Darn it, forgot to set my custom coaches playbook/preferences before finishing him and now it won't let me re-do.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I just officially joined through Madden. PSN is GeologicNW

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Paperback Writer posted:

Darn it, forgot to set my custom coaches playbook/preferences before finishing him and now it won't let me re-do.

Pretty sure once he activates the league you can reset everything.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Since you left the Dolphins I'd like to move over to them, please.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
In as the Saints, Monday or Tuesday for a draft would be ideal for me.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
teams updated.

Tensai, which team would you like since you got beat to the punch on the Al Davises?

I'm thinking we should draft Sunday night. I know we all wanna get into this but let's give a few days for people to get in. Not that I wouldn't want to draft tomorrow because, yes, i would.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I'll go in as the Lions to even out the NFC a little.

I wasn't great at the last game and I've even worse at this one. So, I'll be one of the easy wins everyone can count on.

Also, monday is probably the day that works best for me. If I can't attend whatever date is chosen, i'll leave my fate in the CPU's hands.

tensai fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 28, 2014

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

teams updated.

Tensai, which team would you like since you got beat to the punch on the Al Davises?

I'm thinking we should draft Sunday night. I know we all wanna get into this but let's give a few days for people to get in. Not that I wouldn't want to draft tomorrow because, yes, i would.

Do I get the Cowboys or would you prefer me be a different team?

Sunday night works good for a draft.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Sunday night works for me, hopefully we get a few more people

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Paperback Writer posted:

Sunday night works for me, hopefully we get a few more people

Sunday. Good. Draft. Football. Happy.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
I won't be able to draft sunday, hopefully I get a good team!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I can't make Sunday :/

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Is there a reason it has to be this weekend apart from the desire to get started?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah the point of a fantasy draft league where you can't draft kind of sucks. Then again its going to be hard to find a great time for 14+ people who are spread over 4 time zones.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
There's no way i can please everyone for draft timing so people need to be vocal what does work.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Can we get one of those voting things going on for a time? There's a website dedicated to it for picking the best fantasy football draft time. But I can't remember it....cause I'm drunk. But, you guys know what I'm talkin' bout.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
vote nerds

http://doodle.com/phg3b3q427k6iawe

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Monday at 7PST (10 EST) looks like the best time so far.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

davecrazy posted:

Monday at 7PST (10 EST) looks like the best time so far.

Works for me.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

I went ahead and did Monday evening at 9 central for me as well. Might be up a bit late with early work the next morning, but it seems to be the best time!

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Monday at 9 CST can work for me, Tuesday would be better but whatever you guys want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Majority dictates that the draft is tonight at 7PST (8 mountain, 9 central, 10 eastern.)

Nagger, good luck with the CPU drafting your footballmen!

Second concern - how many rounds do we want to do? I believe a fantasy draft has something nuts like 70 rounds. Do we want to draft our starters and some depth and sim the end?

• Locked thread