Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jets win 28-17 in a snow filled MetLife Stadium. Picks were the name of the game as each team had an INT returned for a TD, but the back breaker was a 4th quarter 80 yard pick six as the Titans were driving for the go ahead score with under 2 mins remaining. That put the game out of reach.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

davecrazy posted:

Jets win 28-17 in a snow filled MetLife Stadium. Picks were the name of the game as each team had an INT returned for a TD, but the back breaker was a 4th quarter 80 yard pick six as the Titans were driving for the go ahead score with under 2 mins remaining. That put the game out of reach.

GG. All my dudes just tanked the last 2 games, Carr was playing like a manageable NFL QB until he just started making GBS threads himself all over the place. I was able to contain your option game, but my dbs would just tard out on curl routes and crossing routes. Oilers are one and done.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeah so many passes bounced off my guys hands on that last drive, was starting to get frustrating that I didn't pick em. Then I finally got one.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Yuzenn posted:

Usually my wife goes to bed around 10:30-11pm so around then

11 tomorrow then?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Well, Bizarro Chefs went down with a fight. Colts win a playoff game in as thrilling of a way possible with game winning drive. We should be so lucky to see a real playoff game like this. GG, Bizarro Chefs need offense for next year.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
:siren:Season 1 Divisional Round:siren:

GAMES

Looks like I hosed up seeding or Madden went all Madden.

Dave @ Nagger
Dubious @ Havoc
Yuzenn @ Paperback
Goob @ FG

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

waah posted:

Well, Bizarro Chefs went down with a fight. Colts win a playoff game in as thrilling of a way possible with game winning drive. We should be so lucky to see a real playoff game like this. GG, Bizarro Chefs need offense for next year.

That was probably the most intense madden game i've played in a long time and certainly one of the grindiest gritty playoff matchups we will soon see.

Waah and the Chiefs dominated the first half, as Tannehill commits a terrible pick six when the Colts are within field goal range with 20 seconds left in the half! Luckily the Colts flipped the script on Glennon who had not missed a throw the whole first half and sacked him three times and completely shut down the running game.

There is nothing more than I want than to have the ball in my hands and be able to get the go ahead score and luckily I got it. There was NO way I was throwing at Haden again so I had to line Fitzgerald up in the slot and it seemed to work, he was getting behind your linebackers. Jamaal Charles had both of the Colts touchdowns but wasn't really able to muster up any sort of big plays.

Next up is the Divisional round against the undefeated Ravens. In the last matchup he went up on me 21-0 at the half and ended up winning 28-21. This should be a more competitive game and hopefully the Colts can end their reign of terror.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Havoc, I've got a bottle of Old Harper, some of Hurd's finest, and ready to do this in a bit tonight if you are around.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

That Ravens offense looks loving unstoppable.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i really get a kick out of madden loving up the seeding; it's backwards!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I've recently started working graveyard shifts so my sleep schedule is a little wacky. I'd say I'm available 3:30-8 PST on any given day.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Goob, tonight anytime after 5EST I should be home and then same for Friday.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Dubious posted:

Havoc, I've got a bottle of Old Harper, some of Hurd's finest, and ready to do this in a bit tonight if you are around.

I ended up taking an ambien and I was out by 10. Are you free to go tonight at any time?

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

human being Guy posted:

Goob, tonight anytime after 5EST I should be home and then same for Friday.

Today at around 6 EST should work. If not that time tomorrow will definitely work

E: I will probably have to visit my little sister in the hospital after work, so 6 isn't that feasible anymore. I'll keep you updated.

da_goob fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 23, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

I ended up taking an ambien and I was out by 10. Are you free to go tonight at any time?

I work M-F 8 to 4 PST everyday, and the Seattle commute blows so im home around 5. Anytime after 6 pst we can go tonight.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

I work M-F 8 to 4 PST everyday, and the Seattle commute blows so im home around 5. Anytime after 6 pst we can go tonight.

Works for me, I will keep my eye on the ps4 and this thread starting around 6 pst/ 8 central.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

da_goob posted:

Today at around 6 EST should work. If not that time tomorrow will definitely work

E: I will probably have to visit my little sister in the hospital after work, so 6 isn't that feasible anymore. I'll keep you updated.

alright well I'll be able to go until maybe 10 or a bit later so lemme know.. Hope your sister is ok man.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I still can't believe that Madden is so amazing it did this. Look at last weeks bracket, now this week's!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Dubious posted:

I'll post some more fun stats later tonight when I'm at my PS4.

Still waiting for more fun stats :colbert:

In all seriousness just taking a minute to say thanks for running both leagues. They have been fun even if I have bitched about being terrible

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

I still can't believe that Madden is so amazing it did this. Look at last weeks bracket, now this week's!

The computer processed everything right.

NFC side:

The 3rd seed (Bears) and the 5th seed (Bucs) advanced. So the 1st seed (Cowboys) play the 5th seed (buccaneers). That leaves the 2nd seed and 3rd seed to play each other.

AFC side:

The 3rd (Colts) and 4th (Jets) each advanced. So the 1st seed (Ravens) get the Jets, and then the 2nd and 3rd seeds face each other.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

The computer processed everything right.

NFC side:

The 3rd seed (Bears) and the 5th seed (Bucs) advanced. So the 1st seed (Cowboys) play the 5th seed (buccaneers). That leaves the 2nd seed and 3rd seed to play each other.

AFC side:

The 3rd (Colts) and 4th (Jets) each advanced. So the 1st seed (Ravens) get the Jets, and then the 2nd and 3rd seeds face each other.

You'd think at first glance, but it is wrong. It was right in the WC Round, but the way NFL playoffs work is the first seed is supposed to play the winner between 3 and 6 seed.

If you look at historical brackets, you'll see where it's hosed up in Divisional. I'm not complaining because I don't have to get beat by the Panthers for a 3rd time, but it's definitely wrong.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/postseason/bracket

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

You'd think at first glance, but it is wrong. It was right in the WC Round, but the way NFL playoffs work is the first seed is supposed to play the winner between 3 and 6 seed.

If you look at historical brackets, you'll see where it's hosed up in Divisional. I'm not complaining because I don't have to get beat by the Panthers for a 3rd time, but it's definitely wrong.

I'm pretty sure the 1st seed is supposed to play the lowest remaining seed remaining. For example, lets look at the NFC side of the 2009-2010 playoffs:

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals
5. Packers
6. Eagles

So the wild card round is: Cowboys/Eagles and Cardinals/Packers. In that round, both the Cardinals and Cowboys won.

So the remaining teams are:

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Cowboys
4. Cardinals

Under your version, the Saints would have faced the Cowboys. But in reality, the Vikings faced the Cowboys and the Saints faced the Cardinals (the 4th seed). Brackets aren't set in the wild card round. Brackets become set in the divisional round.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Efb; stupid phone posting. Like last year, I wanted Carolina to play the Saints in the playoffs, not the 49ers, but Seattle got the Saints because they were the #1 and the Saints were the #6

Yeah in what you linked its like he said. The #1 seed always plays the lowest remaning seed in divisional round. Madden did it right other than not having Joe Haden turn into a Super Saiyan and deliver a BBQ slathered Lombardi Trophy with all the fixins on the side of course to Andy Reid.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
tl;dr version, Manziel's gonna win the Lombardi because I'm all angry about AMZN stock

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

tl;dr version, Manziel's gonna win the Lombardi because I'm all angry about AMZN stock

No matter how the Cowboys do, you will see tons of the animation where Manziel throws his thumbs in the air, hops around, and points towards his name on the back of his jersey.

80 yard touchdown to Dez Bryant: Point to name
First down throw: Point to name
Getting 7 yards on 3rd and 10: Point to name
Throwing a pick and then whiffing on the tackle: Point to name

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

human being Guy posted:

alright well I'll be able to go until maybe 10 or a bit later so lemme know.. Hope your sister is ok man.

I can do 6. My sister was discharged

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

No matter how the Cowboys do, you will see tons of the animation where Manziel throws his thumbs in the air, hops around, and points towards his name on the back of his jersey.

80 yard touchdown to Dez Bryant: Point to name
First down throw: Point to name
Getting 7 yards on 3rd and 10: Point to name
Throwing a pick and then whiffing on the tackle: Point to name

does it really do that

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Dubious posted:

does it really do that

Does a mall baby eat chili fries??

Yeah, it happens alot more on positive plays, but I have seen him pointing to his name smugly after coming up way short on a third down or getting blasted out of bounds with a hit before reach the first down marker. The guy just really likes his name.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

da_goob posted:

I can do 6. My sister was discharged

Cool, I'll be ready in 10. Just finishing supper.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
HOLY gently caress!

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012
I've never been hosed that bad in madden before. There's no loving way I should have lost that game. Oh video games.... Gg

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

da_goob posted:

I've never been hosed that bad in madden before. There's no loving way I should have lost that game. Oh video games.... Gg

how can you get hosed worse than randall cobb pulling in hail marys

actually curious

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I can't believe that ending. Only got the run going at the end and I was almost too afraid to pass because... well you see what Geno does when I throw... Good game man.

Panthers move onto NFCCG with a 9-7 OT win over the Bears and a walk off safety.
e: gently caress I forgot about that goal line stand at the 1 in the first half... Ended up being huge.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 24, 2014

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

human being Guy posted:

I can't believe that ending. Only got the run going at the end and I was almost too afraid to pass because... well you see what Geno does when I throw...

Panthers move onto NFCCG with a 9-7 OT win over the Bears and a walk off safety.

Yeah, some weird poo poo happened those last two drives. About 8 dropped picks, multiple 4th down conversions (one where my user controlled lb was right there and did nothing as I mashed triangle), and the ability to run on every single defense I tried to throw at you when they didnt work most of the game. I honestly knew once I got that pick that there was no way they'd give me a touchback and that it would either end on me throwing a pick right back due to pressure or a safety. The madden gods spoke.

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

Dubious posted:

how can you get hosed worse than randall cobb pulling in hail marys

actually curious

Just because it was a playoff game and I pretty much had no doubt that I would win until crazy poo poo started happening near the end. I couldn't even try to get the ball back effectively because Geno had to convert multiple 4th and 3s in the red zone at the end.

I had to guess run in overtime to stop the run and ended up getting a four yard loss, the next play my LB drops an easy pick, and then the play after that my player got a pick which looked to be in the end zone. I knew it wouldn't be, though, so they placed it basically on the goal line. Next play he guesses run up the middle and gets the safety immediately as I'm in shotgun trying to throw a quick slant

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Jesus, that sounds intense too. Glad I was one and out, I couldnt handle high stakes madden repeatedly.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ravens i can play tomorrow or maybe late night tonight (after midnight EST).

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

Jesus, that sounds intense too. Glad I was one and out, I couldnt handle high stakes madden repeatedly.

Nothing is worse than laying a loving egg in the super bowl, where your entire offense gets injured in the 1st quarter.

Havoc, im on the bus home now.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Cowboys 38 - Buccaneers 14

I called alot of defenses heavy on cornerbacks and linebackers since I figured Griffin would be running a bit. This helped alot because I had some speed in his backfield that helped to limit Griffin's mobility some. I got extremely lucky in getting some good run stops with Murray in these formations, which I wasn't expecting at all. I'm sure it was frustrating to have so much blitzing and everything, but I knew if I didn't, Griffin would tear me up with plenty of time to pass and room to run.

On the other side of the ball, I think that monster last game of the season was very helpful with Manziel's confidence. He made some great passes to move the chains repeatedly and was not errant at all. The Bucs ended the first half of the game getting a touchdown to pull within 10, getting the score to 17-7. Then with the second play of the 3rd quarter, the game was broken open by a huge run from Blount to give the Cowboys another touchdown. From there, Dubious was playing catch up and Griffin seemed harried.

I really did not expect the game to go like this at all, especially when I looked at your season stats and saw how effective the one-two punch of Robert Griffin and Demarco Murray. Had I not gotten lucky on making some running play stops working out of Dime and Dollar formations, I think it would have gone quite a bit differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

Cowboys 38 - Buccaneers 14

I called alot of defenses heavy on cornerbacks and linebackers since I figured Griffin would be running a bit. This helped alot because I had some speed in his backfield that helped to limit Griffin's mobility some. I got extremely lucky in getting some good run stops with Murray in these formations, which I wasn't expecting at all. I'm sure it was frustrating to have so much blitzing and everything, but I knew if I didn't, Griffin would tear me up with plenty of time to pass and room to run.

On the other side of the ball, I think that monster last game of the season was very helpful with Manziel's confidence. He made some great passes to move the chains repeatedly and was not errant at all. The Bucs ended the first half of the game getting a touchdown to pull within 10, getting the score to 17-7. Then with the second play of the 3rd quarter, the game was broken open by a huge run from Blount to give the Cowboys another touchdown. From there, Dubious was playing catch up and Griffin seemed harried.

I really did not expect the game to go like this at all, especially when I looked at your season stats and saw how effective the one-two punch of Robert Griffin and Demarco Murray. Had I not gotten lucky on making some running play stops working out of Dime and Dollar formations, I think it would have gone quite a bit differently.

I couldnt get any running room at all off those constant blitzes and had to go one dimensional with only one receiver who can get separation quickly and that was pretty much it.

I need to get better zone LBs in the offseason because i cant run my D scheme with the current crop.

E: your defensive makeup is also a very good counter to my offense.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 24, 2014

• Locked thread