Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

drat interceptions. I beefed up Pryor's stats so it was mostly mental errors. Couldn't afford to do that with your efficient short game. Fumbling on the opening kickoff must have rattled my team haha.

Colts beat the Raiders 23-3. Yay higher draft pick.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Paperback Writer posted:

drat interceptions. I beefed up Pryor's stats so it was mostly mental errors. Couldn't afford to do that with your efficient short game. Fumbling on the opening kickoff must have rattled my team haha.

Colts beat the Raiders 23-3. Yay higher draft pick.

Fumble on the opening kickoff and I shank a 20 yarder then get an INT right after....this is one hell of a playoffs right now!

There were some for sure Ints dropped on both sides though, I threw 3 really stupid balls that your dudes stonehanded and Julio Jones just flat out dropped a TD bomb when I whiffed hard. I still can't get a running game going for poo poo right now but at least Charles isn't dropping anything or fumbling.

Good game!

Onto the Conference Championship!

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 24, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'm home. I can play Jets are ready to go.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jets Ravens stream is up. twitch.tv/dpcv8

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

That fumble killed me. gently caress. gg

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Advancing tHis poo poo

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: Season 1 Conference Week :siren:

Yuzenn @ Nagger
human being Guy @ Havoc904

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Havoc, I get off work around 5 EST then going for supper at the Mums. so 730 EST + tonight would work. I'm also off all weekend so let me know what works for ya.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

human being Guy posted:

Havoc, I get off work around 5 EST then going for supper at the Mums. so 730 EST + tonight would work. I'm also off all weekend so let me know what works for ya.

Yeah, lets shoot for around 7:30 EST tonight then! I have been at work since before 6 this morning, so if I get home and get too tired, I might catch a quick nap. I will let you know if I need to push back the game at all this evening. If not, then like you, I am free the whole weekend as well.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

:siren: Season 1 Conference Week :siren:

Yuzenn @ Nagger
human being Guy @ Havoc904

Nagger if Unchainded doesn't respond about playing the other league I should be good to go tonight

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Havoc904 posted:

Yeah, lets shoot for around 7:30 EST tonight then! I have been at work since before 6 this morning, so if I get home and get too tired, I might catch a quick nap. I will let you know if I need to push back the game at all this evening. If not, then like you, I am free the whole weekend as well.

Excellent. I'll post when I get home, might be a bit earlier or a few mins later.

e: RDY to rock.

e2: Oh god possibly 1 too many bong hits pregame.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 25, 2014

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
poo poo both white jerseys... want to reset? If not thats fine.

e: sorry bout that, forgot what the cowboys colors were.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 25, 2014

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

human being Guy posted:

poo poo both white jerseys... want to reset? If not thats fine.

Yeah, sorry about that. Thats always a problem with playing as the Cowboys in these online leagues, since they play Home games in their white uniforms usually. Woooo, good luck!

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
BULLSHIT!

that was dumb of green

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Panthers 28 - Cowboys 3

Man, that was the game I was expecting last round. It was pretty even for the first half, but I had a 2 minute drive that ended with a pick when it would have pulled me within a score. Then the Panthers had a drive to open the 2nd half that literally went into about a minute into the 4th quarter. It was frustrating to keep on getting him to third downs, then having it convert after putting up good defense the previous two plays. Then I was behind and manzieled it up by throwing a ton of picks.

I got really frustrated during that drive in the 3rd quarter when I had my DT (Peko) hit you unblocked right off the line. The Geno Smith just kind of phased through the bottom of his legs and kept running backwards showing no effect. I have no idea what happened there because the game didn't even register that Peko was in contact with him and Geno literally walked backwards through Peko's hands like no one was there.

Then I was reminded how little the game cares about pass interference that isn't a blatant hit. There were several times on one drive where you (due to calling a good defense) would have some players in zone, then my player would run a route right into them, then just kind of stop when they hit each other. Plus you had that early pass that was clearly a first down that was ruled 4th and inches.

Of course my few gripes don't make up for the fact that you outplayed me on every level. They just become more obvious when I couldn't get anything to work. You played a great game, good luck in the championship game!

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Thanks man!
I remember that Peko play, blasted right through the line and some how I survived and got the first.

Other than some turnovers on your part and my 3rd Q opening drive luckiness (intangibles & grit ;)) I thought it was closer than the score indicated. Really only 2 plays that killed it for the Boys' was the pick 6 and that Geno read option long TD run. GG for sure and can't wait to face you next year if the schedule is as it should be with div winners.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Havoc904 posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. Thats always a problem with playing as the Cowboys in these online leagues, since they play Home games in their white uniforms usually. Woooo, good luck!

while not the reason i kept throwing picks last night, it didn't help. stupid cowboys.

Hope next season's schedule pits more of us together! I need a rematch.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Dubious posted:

while not the reason i kept throwing picks last night, it didn't help. stupid cowboys.

Hope next season's schedule pits more of us together! I need a rematch.

At least we get 2 a season against each other

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Wow, I should have streamed all three playoff games; they were so amazing! The AFC has some goddamn powerhouses, looking forward to rematches and reworked offenses with new draft picks.

The Indianapolis Colts pull off a huge upset on the road 31-28 over the undefeated Baltimore Ravens and their high powered offense.

Right before the game I planned on changing coin toss kicking off to receiving and the gameplan worked just the way Coach Dick McCackin envisioned. The Colts jumped up to a 17-0 lead. Jamaal Charles was phenomenal, averaging about 5 yard a carry and holding the ball for a ton of game clock. The Ravens threw a bad pick early but came roaring back with a two quick TDs with Megatron and Tannehill's ill advised pick six with 40 seconds remaining in the half (I've done that twice already this post-season, I gotta stop). With the score being 21-17 at the half and getting the ball back the Ravens looked to blow this game wide open. Luckily the Colts got a third down stop on the first drive of the half and ate some more clock and punched it in with Charles. The Ravens got the ball back with about 4 minutes left in the half and led a comeback drive to go up 28-24, but it came with a price since Mallet got injured on the drive. With two minutes and 40 seconds left Tannehill led one of his best drives of the season, and ate up all but 15 seconds of the clock. Larry Fitzgerald finally got some separation and secured what would be the eventual game winner. The next play the Ravens threw up a bomb that Calvin Johnson caught and put them into a very long FG range with no time outs. The Ravens set up for the game tying field goal but it fell short (it was a 60+ yarder, mind you).

I have to tip my hat to Nagger for an amazing game. His defense buckled down in the first half when they needed to and I had to complete almost 15 third downs so this didn't come easy at all. Megatron is such a goddamn beast in this game and almost single handedly led the comeback.

(On a side note how the hell does the pro bowl happen? Does it get simmed?)

FG, tomorrow and monday are no good but my wife has class on Tuesday so if its possible lets get this Superbowl ROCKIN!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
websites down, i'll advance tomorrow and start working on a season 1 recap.

lets get through the offseason as efficiently as possible once the super bowl happens; the FA pool is gonna be poo poo poo poo poo poo, it always is in fantasy league until 2 seasons pass and contracts start expiring.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

My team needs so much help and I don't even know where to start.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
So Tuesday? I'll be around after 5 pm EST.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

human being Guy posted:

So Tuesday? I'll be around after 5 pm EST.

Should be online by 630 latest

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Yuzenn posted:

Should be online by 630 latest

cool

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Tuesday? Y'all suck

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I can play whenever but I think his wife has something against Madden ;).

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

human being Guy posted:

I can play whenever but I think his wife has something against Madden ;).

Haha yeah the girlfriend is starting to get mad when I say "league game"now.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
:lol: Mine loves it since it means 40 minutes of bong hits and me acting crazy.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
god i may actually miss the draft if we arent advancing till tuesday.

im flying to germany for a week Saturday; :toot: birthday spent 16 hours in flight

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

FG I might be able to get our game in tonight....we just brought home a new dog so I couldn't get nearly as drunk as I intended on the holiest of the lords days (football sunday)

You can message me on PSN if you are down within the next hour or so

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Alright, here's some fun stats for Season 1. Once that Super Bowl starts, we're immediately going to resign players. I'd like to follow the schedule below:

Monday/Tuesday - Super Bowl - Resign Players.
Wednesday - FA Day 1
Thursday - FA Day 2 and 3
Friday - Draft, begin preseason.
Sunday - Preseason up to Day 3, for cuts.
Monday - Start Season 1.

Note, that I'm being selfish and want to draft Friday because I'll be in Germany from Nov 1st to the 8th for work. Simming the draft, when I have needs, is less than desirable, because the FA pool is going to be hot garbage since we fantasy drafted.

:spooky: Stat time!

3 QBs threw for over 4k yards:
Mallett, BAL - 4487, 60 TDs, 19 INTs
Manziel, DAL - 4088, 39 TDs, 20 INTs
Griffin, TB - 4074, 43 TDs, 14 INTs

2 users tied for the INT leader:
Stafford, CHI - 3549, 30 TDs, 25 INTs
Rodgers, NO - 3542, 29 TDs, 25 INTs

Out of all the user QBs, RG3 and Pyror turned it over the least, at 14 INTs each. Geno Smith is the only QB with a hideous TD:INT Ratio (9 TD, 16 INT), and is in the Super Bowl because..

:thurman:Rushing Stats:thurman:
OPOY Peterson - 361 carries, 2077 Yards, 29 TDs - No RB in the league even came close to Carolina's rushing attack. The next best RB season comes from an actual dead career RB in the real NFL.

The next highest scoring back, Jamaal Charles (17 TD), is also in the Super Bowl. Both teams with patience in the run game are going for it all.

David Wilson - 1465 Yards, 16 TDs, 312 carries

Amongst QB runners, RG3 is fifth in TDs scored with 10, with Newton (6 TD) and Manziel (5 TD) the next best QB rushers.

Receiving Stats
It's Megatron, then the rest of the league, and there isn't even a comparison.

Johnson, BAL - 118 REC, 2593 Yards, 38 goddamn TDs. Baltimore favored an aerial attack all season, which carried them to a 16-0 season, that ended to a patient run game in the AFCCG.

Dez Bryant almost gave the league two 2k receivers (1938 yds, 11 TD), but couldn't get the mark. Other high scoring receivers:

Fitzgerald, IND - 103 rec, 1347 yds, 18 TD
Cobb, TB - 88 rec, 1501 yds, 15 TD
Julio Jones, OAK - 70 rec, 1210 yds, 14 TD

When it came to Tight Ends, only two made a serious scoring impact:

Gronkowski, BAL - 90 rec, 1289 yds, 13 TD
V. Davis, TB - 71 rec, 990 yds, 13 TD

Defensive Stats, or HOLY poo poo DEMARCUS WARE

Ware, DAL - 32 goddamn sacks, 38 loving tackles for losses
Next isn't even close:

D. Bryant - BAL - 18 sacks

Your tackle leader is The CPU. By a long shot. Your user tackle leaders are:

Kuechly, JAX - 92 tackles
Cushing, WAS - 80 tackles

As defensive units, user teams record significantly less tackles than the CPU.

Defensive Secondary Play

The AFC got much better secondary play compared to the NFC for generating high turnover numbers per player. Some stats:

AFC
Peanut, IND - 10 INTs
Houston, OAK - 9 INTs
Amukamara, TEN - 9 INT
Jenkins, OAK - 8 INT
Haden, KC - 7 INT - 2 pick sixes, 228 int yards

NFC

The CPU owns the NFC in picks for individual numbers; the NFC had less overall INTs per player, but more INTs spread around secondaries. 5 players are tied for the user lead at 5 INTs each:

Skrine, CAR - Delmas, TB - Moore, TB - Whitner, CHI - Laurinaitis, DAL

With Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Chicago with a stable of guys at 4 INTs. Walter Thurmond, TB, led the NFC, and tied the league lead in pick sixes at 2.

Kicking

Basically, there wasn't much user kicking as most offenses were pretty high powered. The CPU owns the top 7 kickers, with Gostkowski, WAS, leading the users with 26 FGs at a 92% conversion rate.

Touchbacks, the Buccs and Panthers dominated, at 51 and 42, respectively.

Punting :lol:

Users were aggressive, and are all at the bottom of league for number of punts. The least amount of punts belong to:

DAL - 13
IND - 17
TB - 19
CAR - 20
BAL - 22

The CPU averaged around 60 punts :laugh:

On returns, users get blown up alot, with very low TDs on both sides, not really worth calling out. CPU simmed much better numbers.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Hopefully next season I throw balls to the other team a little less. Geeez

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jets were mediocre, the game.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Yuzenn posted:

FG I might be able to get our game in tonight....we just brought home a new dog so I couldn't get nearly as drunk as I intended on the holiest of the lords days (football sunday)

You can message me on PSN if you are down within the next hour or so

Ah crap didn't see this. I got to bed fairly early on weekdays. Unless you can go today after 5 EST and before 11 EST it'll have to be tuesday still.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
LOL, the only stat I show up on is user tackles for Kuechly which is just a result of other teams having long sustained drives on my defense.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I have no idea when I'm getting my ps4 back. I sent it in a week ago today and they haven't even sent me an email about receiving it yet.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
im quite surprised madden hasn't fully wrapped up the Football Outsiders deal to implement DYAR as a stat

because us stat nerds need more stats, see

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I have no idea when I'm getting my ps4 back. I sent it in a week ago today and they haven't even sent me an email about receiving it yet.

https://rma.scea.com/rma/rma.htm;js...40-25E7F56EE9E1

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Tonight is the night! Less than 12 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i advanced it to the super bowl

• Locked thread