Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Somewhere between the top and middle layers of GBS, where the really creamy poo poo collects and congeals, resides BSS's red-headed stepchild, The Bad Webcomics Thread. This spiritual successor to the CAD mock thread and the Dominic Deegan Drinking Game is where bad webcomics are freely posted and mocked, and easy enough to find because ALL webcomics are bad, you see.

Or so we thought. Until someone started posting this comic called

(From left to right: Christie, Mark, Allison, Tubsy, Aurora, Pasqualo, Katie)

Goodness yes, It Hurts!! is a pretty cool webcomic. From the About page:

Gobolatula posted:

IT HURTS!! is a comic about a silly boy riddled with depression and anxiety named Pasqualo and how he finds his first love, a mysterious yet super kind girl named Aurora. Pasqualo also has lots of friends, including his best friend Allison who’s a dirty little munchkin and Tubsy who’s a chilled out big fat dude. Over time, strange and crazy things start happening and before you know it, the whole world changes.

Pasqualo and crew are typical american kids attending a typical american middle school in the state of New Jersey (Burlington County, to be exact). These kids are delightful assholes, but poo poo starts to spin increasingly out of control. At first though, it is about friends and falling in love. :3:

This art style only lasts for a few pages, then switches over to something easier than the eyes:

Also there's Tubsy. I like Tubsy. I think you will, too.

There's some use of the word "human being" early on but the comic gently drops that a third of the way in, especially with the introduction of Rutherford.

This is with a lot more grace than I've seen out of a lot of webcomics, actually. The word "cuntwad" is still tossed around, so sorry if that is a deal-breaker.

Some of the characters, such as Pasqualo's dad here, are from an earlier comic of Gobolatula's. Pas's Dad has many talents, such as painting!

I like his dad's paintings.

This is Katie! Katie is always ranting about some crazy, paranoid thing. :rolleyes:

And finally, meet Aurora! She is super nice, and she and Pasqualo have the worst case of the puppyloves. :3:

Overall, I think you all will enjoy this webcomic! But, it's best if you start from the beginning.

In fact, click here to go to the first comic, and marathon this poo poo out. DO NOT GO TO THE MAIN PAGE FIRST.

You know how you do. Open up a new tab. Do it. Now. We can wait.

RAD IMPORTANT EDITED IN NOTE: READ UP TO #100 BEFORE GOING TO PAGE 2, I loving MEAN IT. I CANNOT STRESS THIS poo poo ENOUGH AND FRANKLY I EXPECT THE VERY BEST FROM YOU. Seriously, though, from page 2 onward SPOILERS WILL ABOUND because we can't loving wait for your babby rear end to put down that IRL work and read our internet comics properly.

So, read at least until the #100th comic, fuckshit.

Only then you will understand why I bolded all them words up there. You will understand.

Pow. Gangsta poo poo.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

no

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I too am a big fan of Homestuck With Less Words And More Swears and fully support this effort :thumbsup:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
And when you're done reading, buy the first book, because people need money, even people who make webcomics.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah

This comic loving rules

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

people need money, even people who make webcomics.

no

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It Hurts is basically what the mental patients who enjoyed Tails Gets Trolled believed it to be before its teenage-autist creator devoted all his time to anime battles with his Naruto OC's.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Oxxidation posted:

It Hurts is basically what the mental patients who enjoyed Tails Gets Trolled believed it to be before its teenage-autist creator devoted all his time to anime battles with his Naruto OC's.

Agreed. It's still not too bad though and has made me laugh a few times because I am a child.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

scarycave posted:

Agreed. It's still not too bad though and has made me laugh a few times because I am a child.

That wasn't an insult. It Hurts is amazing.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Various Goons posted:

no

On the fence, are we? How about you take a seat right there and we Meet the Main Cast!
Now, maybe you missed the hint up there about something happening at a certain part of the proceedings. Maybe Allison gets a new hairstyle, I don't know. So, for this post, anything that happens after strip #100 will be spoiler-tagged, in case you're the kind of rear end in a top hat who didn't gosh darn drop everything and read the archives this second, SHEESH.

Aurora is a kind and pretty girl who shows up from nowhere and starts attending Pasqualo's school. She and Pasqualo fall in love immediately, although he neglected to learn anything about her after their first meeting, including her name. She has an almost supernatural level of patience and understanding, and is just gosh-darn the best. Together, she and Pasqualo are totally going to kick-rear end at the annual talent show!

She's actually an angelic being, possibly God Herself. When she begins singing at the talent show it triggers an apocolypse that unleashes monsters upon the world. The name of the comic is from when she saw the look on his face [from witnessing the apocolypse] and instead of thinking "Go comfort him" thought "It hurts" and ran away. And then came back and is keeping his heart for safekeeping. Literally.

Pasqualo is an average boy who has gotten a bad case of the puppylove, which takes up a great deal of his time early on. He was raised by his father and has never met his mother. He is cheerful, well-meaning, and dumb. He's besties with Allison and Tubsy, they have a secret handshake and everything. Later on, Aurora becomes the fourth member of their club.

Pasqualo had no idea he was a cyborg until Aurora's song triggered his latent regeneration technology. He is now super strong and making the best of the end of the world. At the moment, he's torn between three seperate girls, on of which is a snake woman, and another who is maybe God. He's still a decent guy, although having no restrictions on anything anymore has brought out darker parts of his personality.

Allison is Pas' best friend since the age of 2, and has always been there for him and viseversa! She's a crude little thing, scrappy as hell, and gives zero fucks in general. She was adopted, 'possibly' black, and loves fruit snacks. She doesn't like Mark, who manages to be even cruder than she is.

Allison is so loving rad she gets TWO character establishing comics.

Allison dies.

Then Allison was a zombie.

Loss of her eye has only enhanced her badassness, and her deathwounds have been patched up with squirrelparts. Pasqualo and Ally are now the only family each other has, with Pas considering himself as her baby brother.

Tubsy is a dealer, serial killer, gentleman, and all around fat gently caress. He is very strong and tough, able to smash pallets over his head, just for kicks. He was thin until a few years ago, when he discovered deep-fried poptarts. Hell yeah.

He kills Mark for being an rear end in a top hat to Ally just a day before the Talent show, then dies being literally dragged to hell by demons. He hasn't been seen since.

Katie is a paranoid classmate of Pasqualo, who she may also have a crush for. If she does, she hides it under a blistering torrent of bullshit like how the dead will rise, asteroids will scour the earth, monsters will be unleashed, and how she has a bunker stocked by a cyborg friend of hers.

Absolutely everything Katie said was true. Her cyborg friend is Pasqualo's long lost mom, and it's because of her bunker that Katie survives the apocalypse. And she does have a crush on Pas, too.

Mark is nothing but a torrent of perversion. He has been verbally assaulting Allison with sexually explicit poo poo for like, years. He's the one guy Allison can't deal with, mostly because he kept getting off on her beating the poo poo out of him. Mark has attempted the same shtick on Aurora, but she seem genuinely amused by it, rather than repulsed.

Mark gets his motherfucking head punched through by Tubsy after breaking his promise to leave Ally alone. Ally deliberately baited Mark in an effort to get him to leave Aurora alone, but hadn't planned on Tubsy's straight up gangsta poo poo. Pow.

Christie is a girl who has a crush on Tubsy, but hates the girl who Tubsy seems to always hang out with. Maybe they can be friends some day.

She and Ally reconcile, and then team up to trick Mark into harassing Ally. She feels incredible guilt because of his death, and nearly hangs herself backstage at the talent show. Pasqualo's rap convinces her not to go through with it, but she dies anyway from spikes erupting from the ground when everything goes to complete poo poo.

I'll leave you all to experience the minor characters all first hand, some of them defy a proper, short introduction. Most of them die, anyway, during the talent show. Notable is Ally's sister, Kim, who has only been seen alive in flashbacks.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 27, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It's a pretty rad webcomic alright.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Aurora is my favorite character because her omnipresent smile makes for amazing facial expressions sometimes.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

alcharagia posted:

Aurora is my favorite character because her omnipresent smile makes for amazing facial expressions sometimes.

Yeah. Even sad, she looks happy. I don't think she's ever been angry, although there's like one instance when her smile looks a little strained (or it could be she was stifling a laugh).

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

kick_the_penguin
Jul 8, 2012
This is actually a good webcomic.

I'd never noticed the shoes before.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My congratulations on creating the only good thread in BSS.

I am Pasqualo irl, by the way.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

At first I was afraid,
I was mortified,
thinking goons could like a comic got me mystified.
But then I spent an evening with
this comic's archive, not to long,
and I was wrong.
This comic's storyline was strong!
Ally came back,
her sis erased,
Pasqualo sitting there with that dumb grin upon his loving face,
Then they met Trisssh, she's got snake tits,
And Mr. Jones, the wood shop teach.
They went and turned the school into a goddamned fortress beyond reach.

And then they went, walked out the door,
and then found Katie,
who'd been kept inside a hole.
Pas got the hots for some robotic chick he'd never seen,
found out it was his mother,
killed his boner on the scene.

Oh yes, It Hurts!!
It's loving good,
in a way that some webcomic really never should.
Aurora came and showed back up,
that familys daughter's crazy pissed, It Hurts!!'s good.
It Hurts!! is good! Hey, hey!

This is the only webcomic that deserves both a thread and an I Will Survive parody. :colbert:

Kermit, I wanna argue you on one point though I feel like the title of the comic comes from how Aurora felt watching Pasqualo see the apocalypse happen. She tells Trisssh that she saw the look on his face and instead of thinking "Go comfort him" thought "It hurts" and ran away. And then came back and is keeping his heart for safekeeping. Oh young love.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Robviously posted:

[loving SPONTANEOUS PARODY LYRICS]

This is the only webcomic that deserves both a thread and an I Will Survive parody. :colbert:

Kermit, I wanna argue you on one point though I feel like the title of the comic comes from how Aurora felt watching Pasqualo see the apocalypse happen. She tells Trisssh that she saw the look on his face and instead of thinking "Go comfort him" thought "It hurts" and ran away. And then came back and is keeping his heart for safekeeping. Oh young love.

Noted and corrected accordingly.

Also holy poo poo did you just make that up those lyrics

Edit: I don't know

Do I

Do I dare check how well this syncs up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 27, 2014

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Yeah, a quick recap for lazy fucks who want to avoid webcomic art. Shouldn't be too off for the first verse and chorus but 10 minutes of work will mean probably a cockup or two.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Tails gets Trolled is an infinite monkeys typing away at typewriters situation. It was kinda an accident it turned out to be so funny and good, and as time went on the accident was starting to look more like, well an accident.

Its Hurts isn't an accident, the writer knows what they are doing. Its great.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
Kermit, what hast thou dunst?!?!?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I have AIDS.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Baron La Croix posted:

This comic loving rules

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I already went through the seriously read the first volume immediately before you do anything else deal on SA's advice with I Am A Hero. So I was expecting this to turn out much the same.

It didn't. It was even better.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Literally Kermit posted:

On the fence, are we? How about you take a seat right there and we Meet the Main Cast!
Now, maybe you missed the hint up there about something happening at a certain part of the proceedings. Maybe Allison gets a new hairstyle, I don't know. So, for this post, anything that happens after strip #100 will be spoiler-tagged, in case you're the kind of rear end in a top hat who didn't gosh darn drop everything and read the archives this second, SHEESH.

Aurora is a kind and pretty girl who shows up from nowhere and starts attending Pasqualo's school. She and Pasqualo fall in love immediately, although he neglected to learn anything about her after their first meeting, including her name. She has an almost supernatural level of patience and understanding, and is just gosh-darn the best. Together, she and Pasqualo are totally going to kick-rear end at the annual talent show!

She's actually an angelic being, possibly God Herself. When she begins singing at the talent show it triggers an apocolypse that unleashes monsters upon the world. The name of the comic is from when she saw the look on his face [from witnessing the apocolypse] and instead of thinking "Go comfort him" thought "It hurts" and ran away. And then came back and is keeping his heart for safekeeping. Literally.

Pasqualo is an average boy who has gotten a bad case of the puppylove, which takes up a great deal of his time early on. He was raised by his father and has never met his mother. He is cheerful, well-meaning, and dumb. He's besties with Allison and Tubsy, they have a secret handshake and everything. Later on, Aurora becomes the fourth member of their club.

Pasqualo had no idea he was a cyborg until Aurora's song triggered his latent regeneration technology. He is now super strong and making the best of the end of the world. At the moment, he's torn between three seperate girls, on of which is a snake woman, and another who is maybe God. He's still a decent guy, although having no restrictions on anything anymore has brought out darker parts of his personality.

Allison is Pas' best friend since the age of 2, and has always been there for him and viseversa! She's a crude little thing, scrappy as hell, and gives zero fucks in general. She was adopted, 'possibly' black, and loves fruit snacks. She doesn't like Mark, who manages to be even cruder than she is.

Allison is so loving rad she gets TWO character establishing comics.

Allison dies.

Then Allison was a zombie.

Loss of her eye has only enhanced her badassness, and her deathwounds have been patched up with squirrelparts. Pasqualo and Ally are now the only family each other has, with Pas considering himself as her baby brother.

Tubsy is a dealer, serial killer, gentleman, and all around fat gently caress. He is very strong and tough, able to smash pallets over his head, just for kicks. He was thin until a few years ago, when he discovered deep-fried poptarts. Hell yeah.

He kills Mark for being an rear end in a top hat to Ally just a day before the Talent show, then dies being literally dragged to hell by demons. He hasn't been seen since.

Katie is a paranoid classmate of Pasqualo, who she may also have a crush for. If she does, she hides it under a blistering torrent of bullshit like how the dead will rise, asteroids will scour the earth, monsters will be unleashed, and how she has a bunker stocked by a cyborg friend of hers.

Absolutely everything Katie said was true. Her cyborg friend is Pasqualo's long lost mom, and it's because of her bunker that Katie survives the apocalypse. And she does have a crush on Pas, too.

Mark is nothing but a torrent of perversion. He has been verbally assaulting Allison with sexually explicit poo poo for like, years. He's the one guy Allison can't deal with, mostly because he kept getting off on her beating the poo poo out of him. Mark has attempted the same shtick on Aurora, but she seem genuinely amused by it, rather than repulsed.

Mark gets his motherfucking head punched through by Tubsy after breaking his promise to leave Ally alone. Ally deliberately baited Mark in an effort to get him to leave Aurora alone, but hadn't planned on Tubsy's straight up gangsta poo poo. Pow.

Christie is a girl who has a crush on Tubsy, but hates the girl who Tubsy seems to always hang out with. Maybe they can be friends some day.

She and Ally reconcile, and then team up to trick Mark into harassing Ally. She feels incredible guilt because of his death, and nearly hangs herself backstage at the talent show. Pasqualo's rap convinces her not to go through with it, but she dies anyway from spikes erupting from the ground when everything goes to complete poo poo.

I'll leave you all to experience the minor characters all first hand, some of them defy a proper, short introduction. Most of them die, anyway, during the talent show. Notable is Ally's sister, Kim, who has only been seen alive in flashbacks.

hmm yes, a persuasive argument, give me a moment to prepare my counterpoint

faaaaaaaaart posted:

no

Hmmm well sorry kermit, this argument is just way too good to deny

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So yeah that page 100 sure is something.

e:

On that day, humanity received a grim reminder ...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I like It Hurts!! because it is funny to me. Weirdly enough the art is very Shmorky-esque in places, especially when it comes to Pasqualo's dad.

Anyone have a link to that other comic staring PasqDad?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Grimpond posted:

hmm yes, a persuasive argument, give me a moment to prepare my counterpoint

Hmmm well sorry kermit, this argument is just way too good to deny

YOU ARE SAYING IMPUDENCE TO ME!!!!

THAT IS IMPUDENCE!

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Literally Kermit posted:

YOU ARE SAYING IMPUDENCE TO ME!!!!

THAT IS IMPUDENCE!

why dont u shut the fuc kup you sorry old cock

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heavy topics from It Hurts!!

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
It took me a while to warm up to it but when Mark got killed is when I think it's obvious that the author knows what he's doing.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
It's not fair for people itt to find out about It Hurts!!! without having to wade through thousands of pages of Something Positive, Moon Over June and Dominic Deegan first :mad:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

It's not fair for people itt to find out about It Hurts!!! without having to wade through thousands of pages of Something Positive, Moon Over June and Dominic Deegan first :mad:

if youd like to i could copypaste dd from scalded schlongs post historty

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Yeah but they're also missing out on Harkovast, Sister Claire, and Once Stung.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
It Hurts!! hits like every checkmark of something that should be one of the worst things ever produced except it's not and I like that.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Just going off of her hair and even her dresses, I always got a Hispanic feel from Allison. Skin tone seems about right, too.

Still, "probably black" is a great way to put it.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Improbable Lobster posted:

I like It Hurts!! because it is funny to me. Weirdly enough the art is very Shmorky-esque in places, especially when it comes to Pasqualo's dad.

Anyone have a link to that other comic staring PasqDad?

Is this what your looking for?
http://www.gobolatula.com/gd/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It hurts good.

• Locked thread