Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

scarycave posted:

Is this what your looking for?
http://www.gobolatula.com/gd/

Yup, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Just going off of her hair and even her dresses, I always got a Hispanic feel from Allison. Skin tone seems about right, too.

Still, "probably black" is a great way to put it.

She's Jewish, fool.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

YF-23 posted:

It hurts good.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

She's Jewish, fool.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
It's hosed up that Ally's name used to be Kirsten

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

This loving comic

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Holy poo poo, I haven't read proto-IH yet. By the way, if you haven't read it by now, sucks to be you, because no more spoiler tags here on out.

Let's see if God Dammit is any good.

Holy poo poo.

:tviv:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Literally Kermit posted:

Holy poo poo, I haven't read proto-IH yet. By the way, if you haven't read it by now, sucks to be you, because no more spoiler tags here on out.

Let's see if God Dammit is any good.

Holy poo poo.

:tviv:

It's actually not terrible. Not as good as IH mind, but it's obvious how it evolved into IH

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Literally Kermit posted:

Holy poo poo, I haven't read proto-IH yet.

I could have sworn I brought this up before in the mock thread - or maybe I backed out and thought it was looking too much into a webcomic. Anyways, the prequel comic does have some possible foreshadowing things going on.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Going by the prequel and the level of :airquote:coincidental:airquote: foreshadowing, it seems like Gob has a pretty good idea of the story he wants to tell, which is more than can be said for most webcomics.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

scarycave posted:

I could have sworn I brought this up before in the mock thread - or maybe I backed out and thought it was looking too much into a webcomic. Anyways, the prequel comic does have some possible foreshadowing things going on.

I have seen it posted, but never in its entirety. I thought it only was a comic rebooted into It Hurts, but it's more like IH is the sequel to God Dammit.

I say this chiefly because I was puzzled why Satan just pops up and acts all chummy with Pasqualo right before shooting him in the dick. It seemed like such a non sequitur. Now I know - he's disappointed his old promising drinking buddy failed to kill God. :saddowns:

It's best not to read THAT much into it, though, you guys are right. I'm still enjoying this comic about a kid so badass that God turned him in a cyborg just to de-power him a little. Then I dunno, got a crush on him. How many times has God been punched, really?

Edit:

Shakenbaker posted:

Gob talks a bit about God Dammit! in the print version. He says that it's basically a prototype, not canon or whatever. You'll see stuff you recognize, but it isn't going to be one to one with It Hurts!!

This is more than acceptable for all practical It Hurt-sing purposes.
vvv

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 28, 2014

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Robviously posted:

Going by the prequel and the level of :airquote:coincidental:airquote: foreshadowing, it seems like Gob has a pretty good idea of the story he wants to tell, which is more than can be said for most webcomics.

Gob talks a bit about God Dammit! in the print version. He says that it's basically a prototype, not canon or whatever. You'll see stuff you recognize, but it isn't going to be one to one with It Hurts!! Maybe best to think of God Dammit! being one of those Elseworlds or What Ifs where some or all characters are written really off voice.

Speaking of the print version though, a fair number of us in the GBS thread have bought it and gotten Gob sketches in them. Don't want to be stealing people's thunder so I'll only post what I got:

I just asked for whatever he felt like. Looking back I should have asked for Ally fighting dogs, but such is life.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Literally Kermit posted:

I say this chiefly because I was puzzled why Satan just pops up and acts all chummy with Pasqualo right before shooting him in the dick. It seemed like such a non sequitur. Now I know - he's disappointed his old promising drinking buddy failed to kill God. :saddowns:

Wasn't there something in there about the devil being gay for Pasqualo too? Maybe it's just another off color joke.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Don't wanna meet that dad

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Soulcleaver posted:

Don't wanna meet that dad

Everybody wanna meet that dad..

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

it hurts!! is q good

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
It Hurts!! has legit the best depiction of Satan I've seen.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

It really should get praise for finally having a positive depiction of Serpentine-Americans. Also, best Zombie King. Both of them.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

Robviously posted:

It really should get praise for finally having a positive depiction of Serpentine-Americans. Also, best Zombie King. Both of them.

Snakes are people too. I mean, you can't prove they're not.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Adastern posted:

It Hurts!! has legit the best depiction of Satan I've seen.

Yes. His appearance so sudden and unexpected that at first I thought it was the ghost of Pasqualo's dad, manifesting as an idealized version of himself. It certainly explained why he ended the conversation with a bullet to the dick.

The greatest way I've seen any conversation cut off, really.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The expressions and crazy art style shifts really do it for me, some good Flash Tub vibes. I wasn't sure what to think until page 100 and then it takes a turn for the awesome. Plenty of crazy red herrings, too. Also oh, hey, it's the Jersey Devil because of course it was.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
I love this poo poo. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Back to my black pit of gay despair.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thanks OP I'm devoted.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I know a lot of people had issues with the first 100 pages, but I loved them since they make me think back to my middle school days. Except Ally was a dude named Larry for me.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
It's me. I was am Mark.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

net cafe scandal posted:

Thanks OP I'm devoted.

It's frighteningly easy to get that way! This comic managed to out-Homestuck Homestuck with a fraction of the budget and time invested, and none of the creepy fanbase! (Please keep this particular record spotless, tia).

And as someone else already pointed out, there's also an element of 'Tails Gets Trolled' to It Hurts!!; both comics faithfully follow a weird but consistent internal logic, which keeps its insanity from reaching forced 'monkeycheese random' levels of humor. But where as the accident of nature that is Lazerbot's approach to storytelling (he really is good at making comics people want to read, after all- I think of him as an idiot savant of a storyteller), It Hurts does it much better, and with its own original characters that I actually give a poo poo about. Allison, for example, is The Best.

This is the key thing I love about It Hurts, is that when zany poo poo happens (Schools on fire! Tubsy kills Mark! Oh poo poo, there goes the planet!) it has actual, lasting consequences (Various people died in the fire, Tubsy got immediately arrested and sent to JV, Pasqualo dragging his dead best friend back home and dealing with the fact his girlfriend sang the world to death) to which people more or less react realistically (Pas reaction to Katie missing, Christie becoming suicidal for her role in Mark's death, Pas drinking and talking to Allison's corpse as a coping mechanism).

In short, wild and zany poo poo happens that people don't pop back up immediately like cartoon characters (but still continue to act like cartoon characters, leading to more tragic fun) just works so well for this.

The usual cycle of me loving something which inevitably leads to its ruin has so far been kept in check by becoming something I honestly can't predict anymore. Back when I was coming up with fan theories for It Hurts before realizing I was coming up with fan theories for It Hurts (my medication takes a bit to kick in some mornings) I was sure that the Zombie King was going to be a ressurected Mark, the perfect nemesis for Allison to battle and overthrow for the crown.

But the Zombie King was Elvis. And Allison literally just had to take the crown from him. Then all were bros. :3:

From that point on, I've decided to just enjoy the ride.

This is an accurate depiction of just enjoying the ride.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

That's Kirsten, not Allison. :colbert:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

That's Kirsten, not Allison. :colbert:

I'm pretty sure she's Jewish.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

I read It Hurts instead of doing work because of the webcomics thread and it was alright, I guess.

I can see why goons (and at least some parts of the internet) would obsess over it though.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I read It Hurts instead of working and I don't regret a thing.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's a really good comic.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Not at all what I expected. Went in blind, enjoyed the writing for what it was, then got to page 100 and was just amazed. I respect the planning and patience in storytelling involved. Have no idea where this is going but I'm invested.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Literally Kermit posted:

But the Zombie King was Elvis. And Allison literally just had to take the crown from him. Then all were bros. :3:

From that point on, I've decided to just enjoy the ride.

This is an accurate depiction of just enjoying the ride.

Glad to see you hung onto that picture! Was seriously considering that as a new avatar. If not that, I've got a back up.

First time reads from 1-100 is like getting your cherry popped.

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
I probably enjoy this webcomic more than I should. Getting the book shipped to Australia cost more than the book itself, but I still think it was totally worth it.

Allison is the best.

Edit: I was going to post on page one but I didn't want my avatar to spoil anyone.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
I read It Hurts before the bad webcomic thread caught up to comic 100! Respect my senoritah!

Also my favorite character is Mr. Jones. Plushie pics incoming (not really).

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Atrayonis posted:

I read It Hurts before the bad webcomic thread caught up to comic 100! Respect my senoritah!

Also my favorite character is Mr. Jones. Plushie pics incoming (not really).

What was their reaction to 100? I gave up on following that thread at some point, I can only take so much badness.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Pretty much everybody started reading it in earnest.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'd put a warning on the first page to absolutely not read this second page. You'd lose the magic of the first hundred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Atrayonis posted:

Pretty much everybody started reading it in earnest.

I started reading it after the GANSTA poo poo moment. Before that I just scrolled past it, because, as many others stated, it reminded me of Shmorky. Page 100, though, made me a... fan?

I'm pretty sure the author wasn't playing the long game for at least first 50 pages or so and it's cool that they've found a way to seamlessly transition to a more substantial overarching story.

• Locked thread