Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

To judge from his hacking puzzle pattern (and stupid hat) he's got his own branding deal and unique character design. Clearly, he's supposed to be some sort of "dark counterpart" to Scowly McTrenchcoat, but why didn't they establish him earlier?

This game is fractally stupid. The deeper you look, the dumber it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

why would you have a camera at your hacker desk

why would you wear a mask in front of the camera at your hacker desk

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Great Joe posted:

Because Anonymous and 4chan.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think they briefly mentioned Defalt before for like 5 seconds. Or something about a hacker noticing that the abandoned ctOS facility had come back online.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think they briefly mentioned Defalt before for like 5 seconds. Or something about a hacker noticing that the abandoned ctOS facility had come back online.

You are correct. They mentioned him once in the middle of some otherwise pointless dialogue at the end of one of the videos. Other than that this guy has not been mentioned and does nothing but to extend gameplay for no reason.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's basically where it starts, some vague foreshadowing once they get it that someone might want their hands on it. But not, you know, back when he first started unlocking basically everything and became full on Techno Batman. I guess you can't have a supervillain until you have your Batcave.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Great Joe posted:

Hacklogs. How else are you going to complain about today's pop music as you break into government databases?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

So, Defalt is some sort of Nega-Aiden? A dark mirror of our protagonist, foiling his plans at every turn? The climax of this game should have a hack-off, where you and Dead Mouse camerastealth at each other, blowing up junction boxes and creating cover. Like a camerastealth tower defense game.

See, this is why he should have been established at the beginning. If he was working with Damien Douche, Old Guy and Thug Life as their superhacker, we would have some stake in defeating him. Or if he had been operative in the kidnapping of Aiden's wife sister, Aiden would have some motivation to take him down.

But instead, he's dropped right into the beginning of Act IV, right when our intrepid team of cyber-cool dudes needed to not succeed anymore. It's a classic case of Chandler's Law ("When the plot starts to slow down, have a man walk through the door with a gun in his hand.")

Again, fractally stupid.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

They'll find some bullshit way to tie him into the beginning of the game. Iraq was apparently some superhacker too.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LoonShia posted:

So, Defalt is some sort of Nega-Aiden? A dark mirror of our protagonist, foiling his plans at every turn?
Could have been, but instead he's some random douchebag that found out Aiden got some good stuff and tried to make off with it. Though he seems to think he's hot poo poo and makes mistakes showing off, which to me seems like they just couldn't come up with a clever way for Aiden to hunt him down.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

So, Damien's still a problem, ctOS and Blume are still a problem, Deadmoufive has just become a problem and Bedbug might not be a problem again.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yes I really do need to go over this list to make sure

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's really true that they should have focused on the Blume angle instead of wasting time with the stupid sex auction, the whole Iraq subplot, and whatever they are doing with this Defalt character.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's really true that they should have focused on the Blume angle instead of wasting time with the stupid sex auction, the whole Iraq subplot, and whatever they are doing with this Defalt character.
Iraq seems to be a shoehorned in "hey we can go to the ghetto too" and the sex auction is "no really, these guys are really really evil okay". None of the pieces of this plot really ever seem to fit together neatly, it's like they just had a bullet point list of things they wanted to do and then painted over the cracks with awkward segues.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

A lot of it makes sense when you realize this game probably had 9 different writers over time.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Oh man, guys you are in for some poo poo. Once I actually get the five hours of editing done, that is. Next episode will be a very special episode, and I am hyped, so you should be too.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

the fact that you are hyped about something from this game both frightens and intrigues me.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Why you put more effort into this than they did with the game still confuses me :v:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is the twist, some guy in the future is experiencing this game through the Animus?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think I just threw up into my mouth a little bit.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is the twist, some guy in the future is experiencing this game through the Animus?

Really excited for the Ubisoft meta-franchise plot twist when they run out of time periods to jump forward into on mainline Assassin's Creed releases like 2 games from now, and we get WATCH_DOGS 2: Assassin's Creed

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TBF, a modern day Assassin's Creed would be pretty rad.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

LoonShia posted:

TBF, a modern day Assassin's Creed would be pretty sad.
:colbert:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

LoonShia posted:

TBF, a modern day Assassin's Creed would be pretty rad.

Wasn't a major part of AC3 in the real world and also people hated it?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

kalonZombie posted:

Wasn't a major part of AC3 in the real world and also people hated it?

Those parts were like bullshit scripted corridor gauntlets. Assassin's Creed in the modern era/near future would be fine, probably, but I'd be really mad if I don't get to Leap of Faith off the Empire State Building, or something.

e: next AC that takes place in America should be during prohibition, Al Capone is an Assassin, but all the other Assassins think he's a dick. Actual modern AC should take place in like Hong Kong or something.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"Nyah, nothing's true, see?"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Modern day Assassin's Creed would miss the point of Assassin's Creed. What would you even do? Kill Bush? Instigate Benghazi? Crash Malaysian airplanes?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

...9/11?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Tupac Shakur was a templar!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

You come out of the bloodstained cockpit dressed in your hoodie, the twin towers fast approaching in the front view mirror. You jump out, but the camera stays on the doomed aeroplane, revealing the title: Assassin's Creed - Mission Accomplished.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Air is lava! posted:

Tupac Shakur was a templar!

Templars tried to kill the world's ultimate Assassin, 50 Cent, but luckily alien technology was able to save him from 9 bullet wounds.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

kalonZombie posted:

Templars tried to kill the world's ultimate Assassin, 50 Cent, but luckily alien technology was able to save him from 9 bullet wounds.

The skull is one of the Pieces of Eden.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Red Minjo posted:

The skull is one of the Pieces of Eden.

Indiana Jones already played the "skull is an alien artifact" angle and look where that got it.

... Might improve the game.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well he can already go into the Fiddy Zone so that's a superpower onto itself.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

There will be an update tomorrow or Heave will have to stream 8 hours worth of lovely games that aren't this one.

Just making sure everyone knows this.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

:frogsiren: Episode 15 : The Sex Log Uncut | Cut :frogsiren:

This week Aiden kills deadmau5, and we're on multiple anxiety medications.

Our guest this week is SkippyGranola. He's pretty much the best. The Chroma Squad we were talking about is over here, it's just starting up now, but keep an eye on it.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 27, 2015

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I appreciate the fact that there is room for both cut and uncut sex logs in this LP.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

This game is bad.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeal bad.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I can't believe Badboy17 is dead.

And I can't believe how the game's end just kinda shows up. It's usually movies that make me go "oh we're at the end now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Your sister is rather dumb if she really didn't know you were the Vigilante. Random civilians point you out.

• Locked thread