Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

I've seen that a million times but can never remember the context. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
hey guys whats going on in thi

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Sith Happens posted:

I've seen that a million times but can never remember the context. :confused:

Pretty sure it's the reaction to Jeff telling them that Marcus got voted out at the last tribal. I can't remember if it's Marcus for sure, though.

Edit: Yeah, it was Marcus.

DaisyDanger fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 29, 2014

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

He was gone first. There could have been more goodness out of that... at least more interesting than Ashley. A Boobs McGee that is sickly during the first episode and unpleasant for no reason the second.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 29, 2014

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Met posted:

He was gone first. There could have been more goodness out of that... at least more interesting than Ashley. A Boobs McGee is that is sickly during the first episode and unpleasant for no reason the second.

That's pro wrestler Ashley Massaro to you sir!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SalTheBard posted:

That's pro wrestler Ashley Massaro to you sir!

No idea if it's true but I love the idea that her horrible Survivor performance embarrassed the WWE so badly they canned her.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

BGrifter posted:

No idea if it's true but I love the idea that her horrible Survivor performance embarrassed the WWE so badly they canned her.

It might have helped that she was a horrible wrestler as well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She was bad but I really wanted to see how she would have held up in the long term. Would she have bested comps or been worn down brutally by starvation? I was disappointed she went so early over a short illness and a personality clash with someone who I think pissed everyone else off going farther. I thought there was entertainment potential there one way or another.

All I remember about Chicken is that he was almost belligerently passive. Like he was so determined not to voice an opinion that could bite him in the rear end that he instead got in fights or got pissy about simply being asked his opinions. It was bizarre and I remember just wanting him gone because if I was stuck there with him he would have pissed me off to no end.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Maybe someday when Survivor is in it's death throes we can get an all WWE season with a bunch of D-list wrestlers. They could rehire people like Carlito, JTG, Drew McIntyre and others for the show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd drop money on the WWE Network if they threw a dozen wrestlers on an island and starved them. That would be worth checking out.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

BGrifter posted:

Quick wiki search reveals that she asked for a release from her contract because her kid was sick.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DaisyDanger posted:

Pretty sure it's the reaction to Jeff telling them that Marcus got voted out at the last tribal. I can't remember if it's Marcus for sure, though.

Edit: Yeah, it was Marcus.

An underrated part of that .gif is that Sugar has no reason to be having such a dismayed reaction to Marcus being voted out. I don't think they were aligned ever, and they were on different tribes for longer than they were on the same tribe.

Also, the level of despair and then pain in Charlie's eyes

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

She's not dismayed, she's just shocked!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

xbilkis posted:

An underrated part of that .gif is that Sugar has no reason to be having such a dismayed reaction to Marcus being voted out. I don't think they were aligned ever, and they were on different tribes for longer than they were on the same tribe.

Also, the level of despair and then pain in Charlie's eyes

I saw that gif long before I ever watched Gabon and I remember thinking it looked like someone got severely injured, based more on Sugar's reaction than Corinne's, and Matty thought it was just spectacular.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Amazing Race contestants on Survivor?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

And now we need the picture of Shambo (or is it Denise?) scratching her thigh for the trifecta.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Amazing Race contestants on Survivor?

What is happening in this gif anyway? Is it shedding? Is it escaping from being eaten?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Some first impressions just based on the OP.

Could they get any more generic blonde women on the show at one time?

I've never seen the Amazing Race, but just reading the little blurbs makes me want to see the twins suffer...a lot.

I really want to believe that the pet peeve of Keith, the fire chief, means that he doesn't like the loafers as in shoes. I don't know why, but it amuses me.

Of the guy brothers, Drew is going to be a dick, Alec might not be.

Wal, why would anyone want to be like Monica? Your husband might be alright though.

The cheerleading mom and daughter might be ok, but they also might be truly horrible.

The pet peeves of the gay guys just bother me and reek of a privileged persons problems. Also, their "I'm not like anyone else" bits just rub me the wrong way.

Really Jaclyn, your pet peeve is 'waiting in line'? Are you just too pretty to do it? You're bf might not be so bad though.

The only people who actually seem somewhat real are the farmer and his hot daughter and the firefighting dad and son, although the son might end up being a tool.

And finally: gently caress JOHN ROCKER.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Loafers (the shoes) are totally an irrational pet peeve of mine. I can't rationalize it. I just think they're going to fall off my feet so they bother me. Its crazy but now I'm just going to root for that guy for the hell of it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

DaisyDanger posted:

And now we need the picture of Shambo (or is it Denise?) scratching her thigh for the trifecta.

It was Shambo. See also: peanut butter on a Snickers bar.

I've googled these before, and I've been grudgingly relieved to have come up empty.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Google site:forums.somethingawful.com survivor gifs

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
gently caress you :mad:

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I'm inclined to agree with PM because I didn't notice Shambo licking peanut butter in such a way while I watched that season but eugh.

Edit: Also

Met posted:

What is happening in this gif anyway? Is it shedding? Is it escaping from being eaten?

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
It's a snake vomitting up another snake that it ate. Snakes sometimes will vomit up their food if it's too big, or if they want to re-eat it in a different orientation.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I've never seen the Amazing Race, but just reading the little blurbs makes me want to see the twins suffer...a lot.

Here's a taste of the twinnies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhfADtZ2cDo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I could see being annoyed by them based on the racing portions, but I liked them in the confessional segments in that video, which seems to be more in line with what they'd be like on Survivor.

I can't believe it took maybe CBS's most bizarre stunt casting ever to get the first South Asian contestants on the show

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

I could see being annoyed by them based on the racing portions, but I liked them in the confessional segments in that video, which seems to be more in line with what they'd be like on Survivor.

I can't believe it took maybe CBS's most bizarre stunt casting ever to get the first South Asian contestants on the show
Yeah this season is all-in stunt casting, stunt gameplay (Blood vs Water) and stunt gimmick (exile island).
Seems like it will be more like Big Brother On A Beach; and the survivor aspects have become so mundane they're hardly even a factor any more.

Also gently caress John Rocker.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
Please let it be a rainy season.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

They had an amazing season last season, and the only reason it was short of the all-time greats was because of the stupid gimmick (all powerful immunity idol). So why the hell are they so quick to jump back to stupid gimmicks and stunt casting?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Eh. The Tyler Perry Idol wasn't that interesting in it's intended use. It didn't get used. No clues were given to it. It caused people to go on a wacky idol hunt in one episode.

The only thing time it was significant at all is getting Tony to lie about it being able to be used at Final 4. That was entertaining. It can hardly be said to have hindered the season other than loving goons getting all panicky before the game.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Met posted:

Eh. The Tyler Perry Idol wasn't that interesting in it's intended use. It didn't get used. No clues were given to it. It caused people to go on a wacky idol hunt in one episode.

The only thing time it was significant at all is getting Tony to lie about it being able to be used at Final 4. That was entertaining. It can hardly be said to have hindered the season other than loving goons getting all panicky before the game.

It didn't need to be used. It's power lay in not using it, in the uncertainty of their being a special idol that no one knew the additional powers of.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It just really didn't do enough harm to say it brought the whole season down.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Met posted:

It just really didn't do enough harm to say it brought the whole season down.

Oh I certainly wouldn't say it brought the whole season down - but it could have, and we got lucky.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
It did make a huge difference. In the alternate universe where Tony only has the regular Idol at Final 6, he almost certainly plays it at that Tribal Council because he was a paranoid mess (that was the Tribal where Kass and Woo were trolling Tony trying to flush the idol). Then Final 5 is completely different, since you basically had Kass and Woo in open mutiny against Tony and Trish, and if they no longer think Tony has an idol they'd probably target him instead of Trish.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

mancalamania posted:

It did make a huge difference. In the alternate universe where Tony only has the regular Idol at Final 6, he almost certainly plays it at that Tribal Council because he was a paranoid mess (that was the Tribal where Kass and Woo were trolling Tony trying to flush the idol). Then Final 5 is completely different, since you basically had Kass and Woo in open mutiny against Tony and Trish, and if they no longer think Tony has an idol they'd probably target him instead of Trish.

You're right. Season ruined. :saddowns:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Binary Logic posted:

Seems like it will be more like Big Brother On A Beach;

Big Brother has never had a cast this gimmick-heavy nor cast anyone as awful as John Rocker. :colbert:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

mancalamania posted:

I'd say in this "alternate universe" Tony has another HII he can play at f5 because he won somekind of game advantage in the survivor auction. Or he could have found the HII again after he played it at f6.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

BGrifter posted:

Big Brother has never had a cast this gimmick-heavy nor cast anyone as awful as John Rocker. :colbert:

Uhhhh, Will Hantz?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Bjay9 posted:

Uhhhh, Will Hantz?

Willie Hantz isn't even close. We're talking about one of the biggest racist shitheads in all of professional sports. There isn't anybody they've ever had on Survivor or Big Brother on that level of awful.

Shy of Big Brother casting a card carrying Klansman or Mel Gibson next year it's unlikely either show will ever top casting John Rocker. Welcome to the bottom of the barrel folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey, he's homophobic, too!

• Locked thread