Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
My pony is Jeremy and my poison is John because I just want to see him crash and burn.

Also, since I finally finished watching all the previous seasons just after last season ended, I can now roll my eyes into the back of my skull when people say they're going to be like Russell/Parvati/Ozzy.

Edit: This is a very nice OP for newbies, well done.

DaisyDanger fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

We need more gifs please! I have none to contribute. :smith:

Edit: I lied, but I only have one.

DaisyDanger fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 29, 2014

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sith Happens posted:

I've seen that a million times but can never remember the context. :confused:

Pretty sure it's the reaction to Jeff telling them that Marcus got voted out at the last tribal. I can't remember if it's Marcus for sure, though.

Edit: Yeah, it was Marcus.

DaisyDanger fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 29, 2014

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

xbilkis posted:

An underrated part of that .gif is that Sugar has no reason to be having such a dismayed reaction to Marcus being voted out. I don't think they were aligned ever, and they were on different tribes for longer than they were on the same tribe.

Also, the level of despair and then pain in Charlie's eyes

I saw that gif long before I ever watched Gabon and I remember thinking it looked like someone got severely injured, based more on Sugar's reaction than Corinne's, and Matty thought it was just spectacular.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

And now we need the picture of Shambo (or is it Denise?) scratching her thigh for the trifecta.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I'm inclined to agree with PM because I didn't notice Shambo licking peanut butter in such a way while I watched that season but eugh.

Edit: Also

Met posted:

What is happening in this gif anyway? Is it shedding? Is it escaping from being eaten?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I'm not looking forward to a cleaned up "John Rocker is a good guy who got a bum rap" edit from the show. On Big Brother we see what the people are like whether CBS wants us to or not. I'm sure there have been plenty of vile people on Survivor (Clay from Thailand springs to mind) but all their worst moments get swept under the rug.

If Colton's worst moments didn't get aired, I can't imagine what they could be.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

He reminded me of the stereotypical used car salesman.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Mills posted:

Yes he was a manipulative greasy used cars salesman, I get it, why did he not deserve to win? My recollection is that he outplayed like a motherfucker.

You asked why people hated him, not why he didn't deserve to win. v:shobon:v

I actually agree with you that he deservedly won his season and I imagine most people would, but the final four all sucked/were boring and it was a pretty awful season in general for a few reasons. I don't care if a good or bad guy wins as long as they are entertaining.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

It was also really frustrating watching the dummies he was up against buying every lie he fed them hook line and sinker.

It was almost like an early RI!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I can't think of a worse final four than Thailand. Maybe RI, but at least Special Agent Phil was amusing and some people like Boston Rob, though I can't understand why! They were just wholly unlikeable. I definitely did not give a poo poo who won that season.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Fabio/Chase/Sash/Holly

I dunno. Wholesale, that season was as lovely as Thailand and had worse strategic moves (barring Shii-Ann's boot), but I didn't find Fabio to be that awful.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Maybe he will fill them with sand, toss them into the ocean, and later confess.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

Anyone know if new episodes of Survivor are available on Hulu Plus? I know they have old seasons on there, but I haven't had Hulu while a current season is airing.

I don't think so. I binged the whole show earlier this year when Cagayan was airing and it didn't have that or BvW up yet.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Danzel Glovington posted:

edit: Spelled Baylor's name wrong cause I'm not sure it's a name. Has anyone else heard of it? I first put Baynor but realized wait that can't be right... changed it to Balnor cause that's a dwarf name I made in WoW then was like wait that doesn't mean it's a real name.

I kept thinking of the Sept of Baelor from Game of Thrones. v:shobon:v

As someone who's never watched AR except an episode here or there, I didn't hate the twinnies right off the bat and was even fine with them until Nadiya started stereotyping Josh like a dipshit. I could not stop laughing at Dale breaking his loving glasses though. I'm really liking Keith so far because calling Rocker an rear end is always cool in my book. I suspect he will go far. His son seems like a dumbass, though.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

On the podcast, Rob and Nicole were speculating that for each pair, there was one actual applicant and one recruit. It'll be interesting to see if that follows from the way they all play.

My old dude ponies are both being awesome so far, so I'm satisfied.

I think I remember reading something similar for the first BvW. Something like Aras wanted to bring his girlfriend/wife, but the producers thought his brother would be a better fit. I might be imagining this.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I'm guessing John Wetteland didn't go around saying a bunch of racist and homophobic bullshit. I know very little about MLB but even I remember John Rocker being an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: Anyone have a gif of ^^^? I missed it somehow. :(

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Haha, that's incredible. I'm pretty sure it's Jon based on the clothes, too.

Edit:
Tada!

I think the gif is running faster than the video so it's extra creepy now.

DaisyDanger fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 26, 2014

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I rarely think Survivor is more interesting pre-merge than post. Too many people to care about all at once, so only a few people stand out for now while most make you think "Who is that person again?" Once you get down to the merge, personalities (hopefully) begin to show up more.

I also cannot believe Val thought it was a good move to "make big moves" in EPISODE TWO and claim she had two goddamn idols. But this is also a woman who said she would be most like Monica Cullpepper, so

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I didn't. I think Rocker is a goddamn brick and it's hilarious.

Mercaptopropyl posted:

I'm with you on the carrying a grudge around part, but nothing can convince me there was anything wrong with what she had Dawn do at FTC. Yeah Dawn felt humiliated, but she shouldn't have. I don't think there was anything humiliating about it at all.

Do we know how everyone voted for the tie vote? We only noticed them showing the re-votes but those aren't the ones I wanted to see.

I actually didn't take much issue with Brenda calling Dawn out and I liked Brenda a lot during her time on Caramoan, but people are humiliated by all sorts of different poo poo. Some people will fart around anyone with no questions asked while others continue to hold their farts in around their husband/wife. And for an analogy that isn't about farts Ressel took no issue with his missing tooth, but it was a big deal to Dawn. Different strokes and all.

And I'm curious about the initial votes, too. I've always been bothered that they show the tie-breaker votes instead of the initial votes.

Edit: vvv Thanks!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Last season was like a weird anomaly of crazy rear end poo poo happening really early on. J'Tia was a goldmine.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I think Jaclyn's story is really a mystery. Something no one seems to be mentioning is that when Josh was plotting Rocker's being evicted he never included Jaclyn in the vote count. He had him, Baylor, Wes, and Alec and repeated that a couple of times. It made it seem like Josh purposely was leaving Jaclyn in the dark. Now it's possible she was let in on it before Tribal but it seems at least plausible that she genuinely didn't know what was happening and was talking about the things we did see her involved in: Wes and Alec agreeing that Rocker was a "virus" and Rocker sowing seeds against Dale. After all from what we can tell she has no allies and everyone in that conspiracy had been seen lying to her this episode or in a past one.

But really we don't know.

I was really confused about why they left Jaclyn out and instead brought Alec in. They knew Jaclyn would have no problems voting for John, but Alec might.

I think Jaclyn knew though, as she ended up voting for John and not Dale. If she didn't know, she would have to be a grade A moron to change her vote from Dale to John just because she hates the dude.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Rarity posted:

Isn't he the guy with the crazy spider walk?

That's the one!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I am always happy to see a blindside when someone has an idol because there have been too many times that someone with an idol just skates by and then the opportunity to blindside them is lost. But that only happens when the idol-haver is in the majority alliance and the alliance won't flip on him, and Rocker will never ever be in the majority alliance after the merge. But then the issue becomes kind of like Terry in Panama where the majority alliance simply can't get rid of him because the fucker won't stop winning challenges. I expected Rocker to be really successful in any strength-based challenges (I don't count the sumo-style challenge as strength-based) and we hadn't seen any of those so far.

Basically I think keeping him and getting rid of him both had their merits and ultimately, I probably would've wanted him gone just because he's a turd.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Piell posted:

Whose name is Reed KELLY

This fuckin show

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Poque posted:

Okay but Kellychat. The only Kelly I really remember was Kelly Goldsmith from Africa, since she was bitter as gently caress but actually had good reason to be. One of the many casualties of Lex's Tummy.

Kelly from season 1! The one who came in second. I know there have been at least 2 others but damned if I know.

That was a fun episode. Drew is so stupid.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Expanding further on Kelly chat, there have been a lot. Nicaragua x2, Samoa, Gabon, Borneo, Africa, and San Juan Del Sur have all had a Kelly. Possibly more but I'm being lazy.

After tonight's episode, I'm rooting for Kelley.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Drew also said Kelley being a huge fan of the show makes her a threat.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

You probably knew him as "Cock Train"

You reminded me of the time Ozzy wrote something instead of Cochran on his vote card and now I just had to google what it was. I forgot all about it until now. I was really hoping for Cock Train, but

Typical Ozzy, disappointing me again.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I think they targeted Kelley instead of Dale to be spiteful and send a message like "if you want to gently caress with my daughter, I'll take yours out" or some dumb poo poo like that. They're still in the part of the game where they can afford to trim the fat and keep the strong competitors around.

Alaemon posted:

Add J'Tia and Crystal (from Gabon) to their tribe.

Easily the best trade idea so far.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Purple rocks on the spot for rice!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Yeah, considering they won't let anyone die of starvation, they will need to go in with an offer that won't be refused. I'm guessing shelter gets taken away as it did in Australia, though that is boring.

Edit: I also liked Kelley, but that's only going off of the poo poo with Drew. Unsurprisingly, there wasn't much else of her shown!

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Jon and Jaclyn didn't both vote for Kelley. Jon (and Keith) voted Dale. Was there a reason for this?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Thanks, I missed that somehow.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Man oh man, I wish Jon had taken the bait and tried to play his fake idol way down the line.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Cochran is/was a goon? :psyduck:

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I had previously noticed that Baylor's nail polish was holding up really well. She must be wearing gels, but that poo poo looked bad last episode. That's all I took away from this last episode.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

I don't hate Jeremy, but him talking about the delicate women and how you need to be sensitive or whatever around them makes me want to fart in his face.

Excuse me, I am going to go fart in the bathroom which is a literal hole in the ground here in the jungle.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Baylor is obviously getting a winner's edit though? :confused:

Don't you dare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Regardless of my opinion on the matter, I think what Shakugan meant was that most people will be more tolerant of or even agree with Jeremy's sexism than Alec's and therefore it's a still a lovely yet not-so-obvious form of sexism. v:shobon:v

Would still fart in his face either way.

• Locked thread