Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Yea there isn't an immediately obvious choice to root for, like there has been in some past seasons - no Cochran/Spencer/Tony to immediately strike a chord with you.

I do know that I will love to hate that racist sports dude. Maybe a favourite will emerge through someone's behaviour but they all seem to be a bunch of generic athletic folk this season. Cop lady and old farmer are the only people there that don't look like they stepped out of a sports magazine.

I think I'm going to tentatively decide to back the cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Met posted:

Eh. The Tyler Perry Idol wasn't that interesting in it's intended use. It didn't get used. No clues were given to it. It caused people to go on a wacky idol hunt in one episode.

The only thing time it was significant at all is getting Tony to lie about it being able to be used at Final 4. That was entertaining. It can hardly be said to have hindered the season other than loving goons getting all panicky before the game.

It didn't need to be used. It's power lay in not using it, in the uncertainty of their being a special idol that no one knew the additional powers of.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Met posted:

It just really didn't do enough harm to say it brought the whole season down.

Oh I certainly wouldn't say it brought the whole season down - but it could have, and we got lucky.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Unnaceptable. If anybody is going to be doing some defending, it needs to be Kass.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Wiggly posted:

Not the shoes, people that loaf.

has this been formally clarified?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

It's a different gimmick than Exile and should have been given another, new name.

I think you're confusing Exile Island with Redemption Island.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

I hated Brenda in Nicaragua, but I'll still defend her in Caramoan, especially if people are talking about her as an "inspiration." Her game was the polar opposite of what it had been before, and she showed a lot of humility and strength of character.

You have a very warped understanding of 'humility and strength of character' if you think any of those things existed in 'Pull out your teeth!' lady from Caramoan.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

She helped her in the first place. She hung out with the minority alliance because they had more in common as humans. Everybody actually really liked her, and I'm sorry her lack of airtime hid that.

Like I said, the FTC question was a bit petty, but it made a very strong juxtaposition between how she and Dawn tested people out there.

It was more than a bit petty. It was 'I'm a disgusting person who doesn't understand that this is game where people make moves to betray each other, and it's nothing personal; so I'm going to humiliate a middle aged woman on national television and carry a giant grudge around'. It was the epitome of lovely sportsmanship and being a bad loser. cf: Andrea that season getting the boot under much the same circumstances and not being a giant baby about it; Spencer's relationship to Tony last season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

This is such a bland group of nothing people. Usually There is at least one person that I really like, someone I can get behind and cheer for, and be keen to hear from them in podcasts and stuff, but this season has nobody - It doesn't even have an interesting villain. I'm calling it as the worst season since one world. And probably second only to one world if we go back a bunch of seasons further.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

DaisyDanger posted:

Drew also said Kelley being a huge fan of the show makes her a threat.

If she is,

A) I hope she wins

and

B) I hope she turns up to the reunion wearing a purple dress.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

You take that back, Drew was amazing! Like, if he was a dumb model who never did anything but loaf around, then he'd be a waste of a spot. But he was a mind manipulator and master strategist.

Yes. He master manipulated his way from a position of complete safety to getting voted out in the space of one episode.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, that's why he was so entertaining.

I wish I could have seen the reactions of his tribemates watching the episode and finding out he threw the challenge.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

This is possibly the most boring season I can remember (going at least as far back as tocantins), aside from maybe One World. I don't particularly care for anyone.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

BGrifter posted:

It's definitely in Nicaragua territory at the moment. I'm guessing it'll pick up a little at the merge and won't be quite as heinously awful as Nicaragua was, but it's looking pretty grim so far.

I wish they'd shown a little more restraint on the Josh edit. He's decently likeable and seems to have the best head for the game amongst this cast, but they're pushing him way too hard.

No, Nicaragua was better, because Marty was an interesting character to root for early on, and Watching Fabio Forest Gump his way to the win was mildly entertaining.

This season I can't even put names to faces besides John Rocker.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

Start a thread in GBS posting pictures of your nose complete with dangling sinew and gross poo poo like that. It worked for Cochran and it can work for you too.

I spent 20 mins looking for this thread only to discover none of the pictures still worked. I am disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

nexous posted:

It's hard to believe they went from last season where nearly everyone was either a) interesting b) a good player c) terrible but humorous -- to a season where everyone's either bland or dumb as rocks, or both. The only personality is/was Jeremy and John Rocker. At least Rocker wanted to play the game, and caused interesting things to happen. Was the last Blood vs Water this bad? All I remember is gently caress you Culpepper.

It wasn't nearly as bland as this, and at least it had some interesting B grade returnees; but it was pretty bland and distinctly weaker than the seasons either side of it (Which can't be helped since Caramoan is pretty much the best thing ever, and Cagayan was pretty drat close). I'd put it above One World and this season, about on par with Nicaragua, but below Redemption Island, South Pacific and Philippines.

• Locked thread