Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

STAC Goat posted:

Never seen The Amazing Race so jeff saying "they've tried an agressive approach and failed... Twice." just made me crack up with zero context.

They did fairly well the first time around, but they imploded spectacularly on their second run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
And Rocker has immediately been made.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Wow, talk about being hosed right out of the gate.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

He hosed himself by volunteering. Really dumb

He did, but whoever did it would've been screwed.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Dale: "I've started fire, so I don't have to worry about the social game."

Ahh, the Rupert Strategy.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

I miss when Exile Island was an island

Redemption Island's not giving that up, no matter how much we want it to disappear.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I once again find myself asking the question I ask every season. Why does the celebrity always lie and backstab to maintain his secret identity even though he has no idea who knows it and it just breeds mistrust? Just stand up and say "Hi, I'm a millionaire professional athlete. I'm a competitor, I'm used to hard work and pain, and I know how to work with a team. And no one will want to give me a million dollars so keep me around."

Jimmy Johnson was upfront and it ultimately wound up being the reason he was ousted.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Holy poo poo, one of them under that obstacle ran on all fours faster than many dogs.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

Goodbye 50% of the black cast

A sad Survivor tradition.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Holy poo poo, why was that troll putting on makeup on the BB commercial?

I haven't watched the season, but her resemblance to a troll doll was uncanny.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"I feel like I can talk to you like a girl!" :j:

Nadiya, really? As far as things to say to a gay guy, that's near the top of the list.

blue squares posted:

The four women have decided that they are in control of the 9 person alliance.

It's the beautiful people alliance all over again!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"That much closer to the 500k, baby!"

Wasn't the prize for Big Brother originally a million?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

John Rocker's face resembles that of long-deceased brother, and it's kinda messing with my head. I know he's a jerk, but I kinda want to root for him.

Edit: Oh my god, Nadiya! :doh:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"When you're wrong, you admit it immediately and emphatically."

Jon's not going to last very long.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Ohhh hooo hooo, John Rocker outed halfway through episode 2. How long did he think he was going to stay under the radar, really?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Rocker: "Chokehold! Chokehold!"

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Hahahaha. "Battle of the Exes!"

First bump.

"Owie." :(

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

Why were they "exes"?

They were imagining their exes on each other's faces.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Why is Val so convinced that she's heading home?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Toaster Ding posted:

Well she's doing the best she can to get herself out it seems

She's going to play herself out of the game, that's for sure. One simply doesn't talk about making "big moves" less than a week in.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Man, Rocker looks so much my brother that it's freaky.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"Now I'm going to look like a liar to your husband!"
*Votes Val*

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

The funny thing about Rocker is that he was certified, grade-A goat even before the season started.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

M.I.A.'s tubby sister just dug her own grave

I laughed at this. I'm terrible.

John makes a great goat and a terrible strategist, but he's a physical powerhouse.

Edit: And he's almost certainly going home with that idol in his pocket.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 9, 2014

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Why didn't you use your idol, you fool!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Have fun losing all your challenges dumb fucks.

To be fair, they've been losing them anyway. :shobon:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Well, at least he was gracious in defeat.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's really no reason to vote Rocker off. He's a moron, legitimately worked hard at camp, great at physical challenges, no threat socially, his partner is no threat, they will not win the million.

He's a perfect sidekick for the most part. They just caved because they're dumb.

Jaclyn is remarkably expendable, has a partner that's a threat who could benefit from her staying and has a big mouth.

The biggest danger with keeping John around was him :words: your plans. Short of that, he's a great asset.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"Everybody is so anti-John Rocker. It's so strange, judging someone without really knowing them." :shrug:

Yeah, imagine that.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Oh my god, now there's talk of throwing an immunity challenge. :ughh:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Boxman posted:

"We're both fire fighters"

Maybe its because in my line of work we eat our young, let alone our co-workers, but every loving time there's some idiot who thinks their job means an automatic alliance and every loving time it amazes me how stupid some people are.

Kieth had said that him and Jeremy being firefighters was like a brotherhood. Why torpedo the one guy you knew for sure had your back?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Nexal posted:

Dumb and dumber. That's the nickname for these brothers.

But who's who? I'm gonna say both.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Why's Drew throwing this challenge, exactly?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Poque posted:

Because he's a huge idiot. There's literally no reason.

He said something like "I need to weed out my own tribe to go further" :confused:

So he's throwing the challenge to break their winning streak to vote someone out so his own tribe can go further.

Makes perfect sense to me! :pseudo:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Oh man, this is great. Let's go to tribal! :dance:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

So Keith's idea was that he didn't keep the alliance because he didn't want Jeremy to stab him in the back first.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

That has to be a contender for the dumbest move in Survivor history.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

^^^ Yeah, that surprised me, too!

Someone needs to introduce Drew to the concept of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

And that's why the camp you came from has but a handful of rice left, you idiot.

• Locked thread