Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She was bad but I really wanted to see how she would have held up in the long term. Would she have bested comps or been worn down brutally by starvation? I was disappointed she went so early over a short illness and a personality clash with someone who I think pissed everyone else off going farther. I thought there was entertainment potential there one way or another.

All I remember about Chicken is that he was almost belligerently passive. Like he was so determined not to voice an opinion that could bite him in the rear end that he instead got in fights or got pissy about simply being asked his opinions. It was bizarre and I remember just wanting him gone because if I was stuck there with him he would have pissed me off to no end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd drop money on the WWE Network if they threw a dozen wrestlers on an island and starved them. That would be worth checking out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Loafers (the shoes) are totally an irrational pet peeve of mine. I can't rationalize it. I just think they're going to fall off my feet so they bother me. Its crazy but now I'm just going to root for that guy for the hell of it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dont think I finished Thailand and I have zero desire to rewatch it but if I remember it correctly I felt Brian was the deserving winner but he just was sleazy as hell and that made him no fun to watch at all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SteveVizsla posted:

He basically got pushed out of baseball because of the lovely things he kept saying.

Well, he also fell off a cliff performance wise, which isn't all that odd for relief pitchers especially from that era (COUGHroidsCOUGH).

But if he wasn't a complete and total rear end in a top hat and unrepentant racist, homophobe, and misogynist than more teams might have given him more of a chance to rebound since a good reliever can save your team. But if I remember right he basically refused to work with coaches or go to the minors because that's just the kind of guy he is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Never seen The Amazing Race so jeff saying "they've tried an agressive approach and failed... Twice." just made me crack up with zero context.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Usually people come out her and have never tried to make fire."

Yeah, but the question should be why?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I must have confused reality show casts because I keep looking for the one armed surfer.

"I'm pretty sure that's John Rocker, relief pitcher for the Braves. And he's an rear end."

Hello, my first favorite.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I want every season to be Blood vs Water if it always has Jeff gobsmacking someone about how they're hosed on day 1.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hahahahaha! Never volunteer!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel bad for stupid, volunteering fireman. But I get the sense he's the ritualistic first episode overplaying rear end. The Culpepper if you will.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ummm... Couldn't you have just popped a lens out?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DurosKlav posted:

I always root for the old guys so Dale is my pony.

Their gratitude wont last.

It will last exactly as long as it takes for him to mess up a challenge because he can't see.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're an overplaying couple.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I once again find myself asking the question I ask every season. Why does the celebrity always lie and backstab to maintain his secret identity even though he has no idea who knows it and it just breeds mistrust? Just stand up and say "Hi, I'm a millionaire professional athlete. I'm a competitor, I'm used to hard work and pain, and I know how to work with a team. And no one will want to give me a million dollars so keep me around."

xbilkis posted:

Did John say his last name is Wetteland? As in, John Wetteland, another professional baseball relief pitcher??

Oh good, I thought I was hearing things.

And not just another relief pitcher but one who played in the exact same time period against him. So I'd you know who John Rocker is you know who John Wettlend is.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 25, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghostpilot posted:

Jimmy Johnson was upfront and it ultimately wound up being the reason he was ousted.

True. But he was also an old man and one of the physically weakest people on his tribe. He also was a natural leader and people wanted him out so they could lead. I feel like if you say "I'm a workhorse goat and I just want to blend in and help" it should buy you a few tribals. Then you need more game.

I mean, yeah, it's got its downside but really the protecting your secret identity makes no sense to me considering for all Rocker knows half the tribe knows who he is but aren't saying anything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghostpilot posted:

Holy poo poo, one of them under that obstacle ran on all fours faster than many dogs.

I saw that too! It was like a horror movie monster!

Its the dude in blue with a head band. One of the gay couple?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

I agree with STAC Goat.

But Cliff Robinson was honest and I think it hurt him with Tony and some people.

Its definitely a crapshoot depending on who is in your tribe and how things go. But I just don't see the logic in willfully lying after you've already been busted once. Even if no one else knows that one guy can blow up your entire game. Its one thing of you can maintain the secret but once its loose just come clean and do damage control.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghostpilot posted:

"That much closer to the 500k, baby!"

Wasn't the prize for Big Brother originally a million?

I get the sense BB is Survivor and Amazing Race's little sister who gets all the second hand stuff. Julie Chen said in an interview the other day that if they ever get moved to the Fall season they can up the prize to a million but as long as they're on in the summer that's all they can afford.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What exactly is that accent the twins have?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ahh! Thank you! That's why it was bugging me so much. A couple of months ago I got stuck entertaining a very talkative Sri Lanken bridesmaid at a very boring wedding. It sounded weirdly familiar but I couldn't place it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Who missed the memo and voted for Baylor?

And who's Baylor?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

3x divorced lady's daughter.

I think it was 5-3-1? I think...? So it would mean all the men voted the twinnie and a woman threw her vote away?

But I thought she was the one who was scheming with the gay guy so would have known the vote was going the wrong way?

drat it, I hate that I can never keep track of names and faces this early.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh snap. Gay guy voted Baylor after telling her to vote out Nadiya? Massive overplay or genius move to displace blame?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So he voted for the person who seemed to trust him completely and who presumably betrayed the girls at his behest?

There has to be more to that than simple cowardice, doesn't there? He must have been trying to set her up for some reason.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sportsgenius86 posted:

It would be genius if it was intentional because he can pretend he voted for Nadiya, Baylor obviously can't vote for herself so she can be assumed to have voted for Dale, she stays in the girls alliance and the heat can be directed elsewhere.

Yeah, it seems like something like that but it seems like a big overplay for Day 3. The girls alliance is meaningless now since its just two people who have to fall in line so there's no real reason to pass off your vote. And setting up someone who trusts you seems to just be doing unnecessary damage to yourself. I just don't really see the upside here. You burn one person to try and save face with two others? On day 3?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Come on, guys. A blindside is any eviction where you aren't 100% sure you were going home.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Val very stupidly overplayed and the "two idols" lie was ridiculous but I don't blame her for trying. She was in trouble the whole time after being on the wrong end of the vote last week. She was definitely the obvious target this week so she had to try and do something. She just did it all wrong.

But Rocker is a special kind of idiot for believing she had two idols after he found an idol of his own. I mean, what the gently caress? I knew he was a racist rear end in a top hat but apparently he's also dumb as poo poo. I'm suddenly totally on board with him being cast if its all about watching him get beat at everything and be a total rear end in a top hat about it. Go scorched earth, Jeremy. Watching the Fall of Rocker will be fun as long as Josh doesn't gently caress it all up trying to drag him along as a goat. Which seems like a super bad idea with someone that toxic this early.

I mean, I know he's safe next week because of the idol but still. The way things are going I'd be shocked if he makes the merge. Since the twin stayed in the game here's hoping he's the one who quits when everyone starts calling him a racist.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

Of course it's personal. You're just saying bullshit that you think should be true, but that doesn't make it reality.

Yeah, these games are SOCIAL games. There's a very real personal aspect to them. Players or viewers who don't understand that to me are no better than players or viewers who don't appreciate the strategic side of it. The game isn't one or the other, its both. The best players in the history of Big Brother or Survivor aren't people who were just mad geniuses or game bots, they're also people with great social skills and the ability to burn someone without them feeling completely betrayed.

Bad players are those who go too deep into the emotional and personal side things and then when it comes time to make a move they pull the "just a game" card. That's how you burn people. That's what produces bitter jurors.

I'm not really a Brenda fan, mind you. She was a bitch in her first season and invisible on the show in the second except for her jury question, which WAS pretty petty. But I do agree that it got to the heart of Dawn's flaws as a player. You can't push on emotions and personal bonds and then try to play the "just a game" card at the end. Not unless you have way, way more tact than Dawn did.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They kind of were doing something wrong and Probst was totally right to be a dick to them. They just won fishing gear and decided they would be willing to give up their beans for another flint... They weren't really giving anything up with that trade!

Yeah, Probst owned them with that breakdown. "You didn't come in her and propose a deal, you waited until you won and then tried to deal." They were trying to make it seem like they were dealing from a position of strength and make a lowball offer but Probst saw through it and plainly said that he doesn't need anything, they are the ones who need this deal. I loved it. I love when Probst plays hardball with the Survivors, especially when they think they're smarter than they are. And I don't know, something about this crew really gives off a "I think I'm awesome at this" vibe to me, especially from the Boston and Broadway couples.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 3, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Vernacular posted:

Hahaha can't believe nobody mentioned the highlight of the episode:

Andrew: Let's go Josh!
Jon: Uhh, Reed's our on team, dude.

Doesn't seem like the strongest cast, but so far I like Dale, Josh, and Wes (for some reason). Was liking Baylor until this episode. Reed could be cool but he hasn't had much screen time.

Go Survivor!

What did Baylor do to turn you against her? As I recall she had a problem with Josh's vote and solo plan but went along with it to not make waves, which I think was a smart move not only to recognize that it was sketchy but not make a big deal of it this early in the game. Then she beat her mom in the challenge in a segment I enjoyed for the Blood vs Water thing. I think you could really see the mom try to psyche herself up with the "I see my ex's face" and then completely lose it and revert back into "mom" when she saw her daughter hurt and in pain, which drove Baylor to go into it with fire mom just didn't have. Then she was just the other half of the split vote plot which seemed to be for no reason other than she's a girl and clearly weaker than the Valkyrie above.

I don't remember Baylor doing anything bad or stupid but maybe I'm just forgetting something.

So far no one is impressing me much socially or strategically. Rocker's an idiot, so are the two "lost the flint/he's not on our team" dudes. The Boston and Broadway couples both seem to be overplaying things and strike me as arrogant but the husband and Blue Broadway don't seem to over played completely yet like the wife (Val?) did or like Gold Broadway (Josh?) feels like he's building to.

I dig underdogs, strong competitors, and island hotness so I kind of like Jaclyn but no one else has stood out to me at all so far. Although if Boston Husband (Jeremy?) can pull off tanking Rocker without hurting himself I might start rooting for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seemed obvious Josh turned on John because he was sketched out by all he had learned about john's game. John admitted having an idol, admitted cutting a deal with Jeremy, admitted trying to save Val, and on top of all of that he pulled that "vote Dale out" stunt that might have gotten back to Josh. John being an rear end in a top hat and bigot who can't even keep from saying he wants to punch a woman factored in but I think only in that it showed John is a volatile, wild card who is going to act emotionally and do what he wants to do. He's a bad ally, even if he's a physical assett for the tribe. And honestly, John hasn't been that strong in challenges. He was a huge assett in the first one but he lost every individual challenge he's had since including the ones all about his size and weight being advantage.

But ultimately I don't even care about the strategic reason. gently caress John Rocker. I'm glad he went home with an idol on his pocket after a woman half his size called him out. gently caress that racist, homophobic rear end in a top hat. Next time try making nice in your social game and not lying a bunch and then stupidly admitting it when no one asked.

As for Jaclyn I just figure she's not coming up because she must be more of a physical asset around the tribe or has been stronger in comps. She's an Amazon and doesn't seem to be playing much so she's probably just more of a tribe assett than Baylor or Val. Although I think it's interesting that she seems to be flying under the radar despite having some strong skills for the merged game when her boyfriend seems to be kind of invisible too on the other side and seems like he avoided that "lost the flint" heat. Assuming I'm thinking of the right guy. The two of them could be a late game threat if they both make the merge without ruffling any feathers.

I look forward to next week when ____Drew______ shoots him/herself in the foot. That's my favorite part of Survivor. Watching assholes like Rocker make their bed and go down, preferably without seeing it coming.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jeremy is developing into my early favorite but I started not liking him so I don't think I'm biased. I thought he was overplaying early but he seems like he might have a good handle of this game. But it's hard to tell since we've seen so little of his tribe. Next week should shine more of a light on them judging by the preview.

But yeah, unless I completely skipped a segment of the episode the idea that he assumes Rocker voted out Val because she's black is entirely fantasy and/or speculation. Jeremy was pissed Rocker broke his word. You can call that petty or short sighted or whatever but I never heard him make it about race.

And the Rocker defense is bizare, especially since people seem to be missing the fact that his own tribe was upset at his behavior and his #1 fan Wes called him "a virus." Hell, his girlfriend was yelling at him to shut the gently caress up. Rocker is a bigot and a terrible Survivor player but above all else he's an rear end in a top hat. How shocking that being one doesn't get you far in Survivor. Lord knows that's not a lesson we've learned time and time again on this show.

And again, he admitted to his alliance that he had been plotting against them to honor a side deal with Jeremy and Val. And then told them he had an idol he'd been keeping secret. Even if he wasn't an rear end in a top hat he still had proven himself untrustworthy and a bad ally you'd have to,be worried about down the line.

I think Jaclyn's story is really a mystery. Something no one seems to be mentioning is that when Josh was plotting Rocker's being evicted he never included Jaclyn in the vote count. He had him, Baylor, Wes, and Alec and repeated that a couple of times. It made it seem like Josh purposely was leaving Jaclyn in the dark. Now it's possible she was let in on it before Tribal but it seems at least plausible that she genuinely didn't know what was happening and was talking about the things we did see her involved in: Wes and Alec agreeing that Rocker was a "virus" and Rocker sowing seeds against Dale. After all from what we can tell she has no allies and everyone in that conspiracy had been seen lying to her this episode or in a past one.

But really we don't know.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 9, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well as soon as Rocker walked away Jaclyn and Baylor both said "I don't want Dale gone, I want John gone." So Jaclyn never seemed interested in the Dale plan and we don't know what happened with it beyond that point. Rocker didn't do a very good job selling the girls that the votes were there and Baylor seems like the type who would have run to Josh or some of the other guys and told them what Rocker had done to try and sow seeds of discontent.

But Dale seemed just as blindsided by what happened so it seems that he never got wind of Rocker's weird games.

Like I said, Jaclyn's mindset and gameplan coming into this Tribal seems a total mystery. It's possible Baylor or someone tipped her off and she knew there'd be five votes for Rocker and just ran her mouth off. It's also possible that she was in the dark and was just hoping all the anti-Rocker sentiment had taken root and would just make a vote happen even without a plan. I'm tempted to say that Jaclyn proved she runs off at the mouth so might have been kept in the dark for that very reason, but that seems a little unfair to me since it seems likely that she had no idea Rocker had an idol. If Josh and Baylor had told Jaclyn the plan including that Rocker had an idol so he had to feel safe then she might have kept her mouth shut in Tribal.

But I have no idea because Jaclyn seems weirdly outside of anything on her tribe according to the edit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My rules for idols is simple. Either don't tell anyone you have one or tell your allies right away. Either way has its pros and cons but the dumbest thing to do is say "oh, by the way, ally, I have this idol and I didn't trust you enough to tell you before." All that does is breed mistrust. That's why I'm always against people lying about who they are at the start of the game like Rocker did. Because when you're found out you're just exposed as a liar and schemer and that's a label that will be hard to shake in this game.

In and of itself the idol confession might not have been a big deal but when coupled with "oh yeah, I was scheming with the person we just evicted to keep her safe against the alliance's plan" then it's poison.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its actually kind of funny, but Drew ended up being a mastermind after all. There was no women's alliance but his open paranoia and hostility about them along with his utter intractability with the guys created a women's alliance of opportunity. He masterminded his own departure.

I think its way too early to write off this cast. Most of them are still pretty much wild cards and haven't done much so far except react to the more aggressive (dumb) players.

Jeremy and Josh are both obviously overplaying but they're also both obviously got brains and some game smarts. If they can reign in their flaws a bit they could develop into very strong players since neither seems in a bad position in their tribe or across tribe lines. But they're also becoming bigger targets as guys like Rocker and Drew fall.

Jon's pretty obviously an idiot and even admitted as much when he very sincerely and prophetically told Jeff that he was confused who he was supposed to vote for.

Alec seems to be cut from the same cloth as his brother and that nonsense with Baylor seems a week away from him repeating his brother's "I'm the leader" mistakes.

Keith's idol bumbling was stupid but he survived it with an idol so it might work out for him.

Natalie seems emotional and a little chaotic but she had the good sense to rally a women's alliance of opportunity when she saw an opening with the guys falling over themselves. And her push to peer pressure the other tribe into voting out Rocker kind of worked.

I don't know what to think of Kelley or Baylor. They've basically both been used in the game and had the good sense to keep calm and skate by their close calls. Maybe they're just lucky or maybe they're good subtle players? Either way they at least both seem capable of weathering some of the tougher parts of the game so that could benefit them.

Dale was blindsided last week but he had the good sense to admit he got too comfortable and let his social game lapse. Its early in the game and that wasn't a real alliance that voted out Rocker, so its possible that's the sort of mistake a smart player can learn from.

And I honestly know next to nothing about Wes, Julie, Jaclyn, Baylor's mom, and Josh's boyfriend. I know so little about them I don't know some of their names.

So there's a lot of wildcards in play and its still very early. Personally I'm cautiously optimistic. The idiots are keeping things interesting right now and Val, Rocker, and Drew never stood a chance of being good players. So I don't feel like anyone with real potential has been lost except maybe for Nadiya (and it sounds like Amazing Race fans don't think highly of her so maybe she wasn't a loss either). Some of this cast are going to be idiots or passive players but some of them still could easily shape up to be players since the game has barely begun.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 19, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Count me amongst those enjoying this season. It's not great but it's totally inoffensive with some enjoyable aspects. I thoroughly enjoyed the downfalls of Rocker and Drew. I enjoy the never ending Blue Tribe vs Jeff feud over their inability to get their poo poo together and keep expecting him to bail them out. I enjoy Jeremy and don't quite get the seething hate some have for him. It's a taste thing, I guess. I enjoy Jeremy and the way he kind of balances his grounded and over the top stuff more than a guy like Tony last season who is so over the top he's basically a cartoon.

It's not a great season and there's no great players emerging but I don't need that. It's one hour a week and it's finding a story to entertain me each week. This week I enjoyed Jeremy and Natalie realizing Alec is just Drew with an inferiority complex and incredulously resigning themselves to kissing his rear end. And Jon and Jaclyn trying to figure out how to play and navigate which pigheaded parent to side with. It wasn't some amazing everlasting episode but it entertained me enough.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Alec is kind of interesting and Drew leaving so early basically makes Alec the continuation of a more interesting version. He's the same basic guy as Drew. Clueless, arrogant, douchey. But he's also got such an obvious little brother thing going and wanted so bad to beat his brother and prove he was better. I really enjoyed how Jeremy and Natalie immediately recognized that, acknowledged it casually, and just shrugged their shoulders at the fact that they really didn't have any other choice but to play to the kid's ego and insecurities because they needed him. I look forward to seeing how that all plays out. Next week or soon after there's going to be a Tribal where Alec is the power and that should be amusing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

paperchaseguy posted:

Me neither. It's also pretty heavily implied that Missy was the one going through the rice so quickly.

also: 46 posts? Can't tell if reality TV is dying, or SA.

I thought everyone was kind of hinting around that Drew was the big one pushing it, but yeah you got the sense Missy was part of it from her confrontation with Dale.

Then again, they're all complicit so looking for the person to blame seems like letting the rest off the hook. I kind of wanted Jeff to rip into Reed when he gave his "you know it's a mistake but you keep your mouth shut for the game" excuse because it came off like him trying to pass the blame. Dude, your whole tribe hosed up. Arguing over food and shelter may be one of the things that gets you in trouble but it's also one of the things you fight over because it's important.

I thought losing the tarp was huge but the rest was salvageable. I don't think jeff could have asked for more without it being over the top and someone refusing or complaining. There's no loving way I would have okayed going to Tribal for rice. I actually totally agree with Jeremy on this. They didn't even wait until they were hungry. If they had said nothing to Jeff they would have won the kabobs and then merged and probably would have never even gone to bed hungry one night. It might not have played out that way but I would have at least waited until the day I was out of food to bring it up. That looming merge is just too tempting of a save.

I hope Jeremy rants about it in his over the top emotional way next week.

And throw me into the group who doesn't enjoy watching Missy get her way. I don't overly mind Baylor (although she's slightly ridiculous) but something about her mom bugs me. I don't much like Dale either but I was rooting for him to win that round. I think Jon and Jaclyn made the right call because burning people for a possibly fake idol that you're not guaranteed to get is just too much of a risk this early in the game. Don't make new enemies based on promises from old ones. But I wanted it to work.

Dale probably could have saved himself if he had put the vote on Keith. I get why he targeted Missy but I think it was trying for too much when he had no leverage at all except Jon's gullibility.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I didn't read any homophobia into Jeremy's dislike for the PDA. I just agree that he's salty about the tribe swap flipping his fortunes around and he's super worried about Reed betraying the old blue tribe for Josh and the yellow guys. And he's really pretty spot on, I think. Jeremy has good instincts and a good read on people. He's just overly emotional which is why he's getting so bent out of shape about it. But he's totally right. In any other season two people kissing and cuddling would make them massive targets so its a little weird that these Blood vs Water couples aren't a little more careful about "flaunting" it, especially in front of people who have lost their loved ones to the game.

Of course there COULD be more to it than that for Jeremy but I haven't seen any signs of that in him so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he's just pissed about the way his game has gone and misses his wife. And he's right. Josh/Reed could destroy Jeremy's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Dale's only real misstep this week was targeting Missy. If he had just been good with Keith going then Jon might have been willing to convince Missy and Baylor to go that way and avoid the idol. I get why he went after Missy but I think it was pushing a little too far considering he was bluffing. Then again he kind of created this mess by making such a divide between him and Kelly and Missy/Baylor last week.

TMMadman posted:

Now I kind of want to see someone find a HII then make a fake one and put it back in the same spot with the note from the real idol.

I could swear someone did this before. I want to say Yau Man? Awesome, awesome Yau Man?

• Locked thread