Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Going with Dale as my Pony.

Good shape for 55. Will bust his rear end. Doesn't seem to care how he's perceived after the game. He gives me a real big Tom Westman vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Met posted:

Even Keith poison? He seems just fine to me. Maybe I have bias in favor of the older gentlemen on Survivor.

He strikes me as the "takes charge too much too soon" type

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JakeP posted:

thailand was one of my least favorite seasons the last time I binged the series

Thailand mostly sucks and is only watchable because of how Heidik plays the game and because the Ted/Ghandia poo poo is hilarious. Although, to be honest, the more I watch that season, the more I start to feel like Heidik looks so good because of the incompetence of everyone else.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I bet Val voted Baylor because she made every other dumb move so why not this one too

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Oh snap. Gay guy voted Baylor after telling her to vote out Nadiya? Massive overplay or genius move to displace blame?

It would be genius if it was intentional because he can pretend he voted for Nadiya, Baylor obviously can't vote for herself so she can be assumed to have voted for Dale, she stays in the girls alliance and the heat can be directed elsewhere.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it seems like something like that but it seems like a big overplay for Day 3. The girls alliance is meaningless now since its just two people who have to fall in line so there's no real reason to pass off your vote. And setting up someone who trusts you seems to just be doing unnecessary damage to yourself. I just don't really see the upside here. You burn one person to try and save face with two others? On day 3?

It's not really burning her though. It's keeping all options open and allowing your two person alliance to stay informed on both sides. Plus it's wayyyy too early to assume the guys are solid or that the tribe will even exist in its current makeup until merge so why not just leave doors open in the event things change.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Josh really changed at the last minute, he's a loving moron because had Baylor not bailed him out, he would've put the biggest loving target on himself when the vote ended up tied.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They could easily spin this is as Val voting for Baylor, especially since she's been all weird and dumb anyway.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

If you go by the official CBS cast photo he's one of the shorter men playing this season:

Quite obviously 2 (or more?) photos patched together, it's always weird when professional production companies produce such glaringly shoddy and low-effort work. If Rocker's 6'5" the surfer dude bros are about 8 feet tall LOL.

I think he's just the furthest person from the camera so he looks shorter.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ironic Twist posted:

Just watched the first episode. I really really hope I'm wrong, but I think Natalie's going to walk tonight. She said she's never been apart from her sister for more than 2 weeks, and I don't see her handling Nadiya's elimination well. :(

This would be perfect. I hope it happens.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like the edit is set up for Jeremy to do himself in because he gets too pissy about his wife

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Milovan Drecun posted:

Rocker said, to the camera and no else, that she should have played her idols. He's just dumb, ok?

I took that as sarcasm

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha gently caress off Jeremy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really like these two and hope they both go far.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wouldn't they be the same person?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jeremy is as dumb as his remarkably dumb wife

E: "he said a bunch of homosexual stuff"

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 9, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha he didn't even do anything

E: "Noonan!" :laffo: rocker owns

Hahahahaha this whole thing is happening because Jeremy has an absurdly retarded wife

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 9, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

M.I.A.'s tubby sister just dug her own grave

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

John is dumb but Jeremy and twintard are dumber and I don't want their stupid asses validated here.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"Not Yet"

E: hahahaha you dumb fucker why would you say that

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahaha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We have a massive rear end in a top hat who will never win a million dollars and is a huge physical advantage. Better keep the blonde dipshit who tipped everyone off at TC

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If I was on the show, I'd wait until about 30 seconds after Jeremy got really excited and then remind him that his wife is now locked in isolation with John Rocker for the remainder of her time there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's really no reason to vote Rocker off. He's a moron, legitimately worked hard at camp, great at physical challenges, no threat socially, his partner is no threat, they will not win the million.

He's a perfect sidekick for the most part. They just caved because they're dumb.

Jaclyn is remarkably expendable, has a partner that's a threat who could benefit from her staying and has a big mouth.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

xbilkis posted:

John going sucks because he was a lighting rod for controversy, he was a hilarious moron and because it means Josh is in control of his tribe again. He seems to be the only real gamebot in this season, and I hope that his overplaying comes back to haunt him because I am not really interested in an entire season of him boringly narrating about his strategy and how he doesn't want anyone else to do anything entertaining.

I also don't really know where the idea that Jeremy is a bad player is coming from. He probably overreacted to his wife going home, but calling out the racist homophobic former professional baseball player who promised to protect your wife two days before she got voted out isn't exactly a move that will put a huge target on your back. Everyone on his team seems to like him and he's at the core of a majority alliance that will be dependent on his staying in the game until at least the merge.

Jeremy doesn't seem to know when to just shut up. The rocker thing also outed Jeremy as someone already thinking post merge. He hasn't been that great in challenges.

He's a bad, stereotypical overplayer who has thus far looked better than he probably is simply because he's yet to attend Tribal.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I didn't even think about this until this morning, but it's really hilarious that Natalie's dipshit twin managed to be 10x more offensive and ignorant in three days than John Rocker did in triple the time.

Say what you will about Rocker, but he wasn't the one being hilariously vocal about how he basically considered gay men to be women.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Seriously. What is with all this weird Rocker defending. Dude was a bad sport and a creep even on the show.

Rocker wasn't any more of a poor sport than a lot of other alpha male dickbags who have been on this show. He just got more poo poo for it because of stuff he said 15 years ago completely unrelated to the game of Survivor.

Jeremy was mad that his wife is stupid and chose to believe that his wife was eliminated because Rocker hates blacks than because his wife is one of the shittiest players in the history of Survivor.

Add to that the fact that Rocker's loudest opposition was the chief supporter of the woman who couldn't shut up about how gay men are basically women and I think it's easy to see why people would disagree with what happened. Rocker seems like he's still probably an everyday piece of poo poo, but he really didn't do anything that bad in the game.

Thinking what Jeremy and Natalie did was awful bullshit doesn't mean I'm a champion for John Rocker. He was an entertaining player. I don't have any desire to see him prosper as a human being. He still didn't do anything to warrant the horseshit that happened after the challenge.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

As has been mentioned, Jeremy's initial reaction to why his wife was gone was that John led a charge to boot her, at which point he went into the past poo poo again. It's not hard to figure out what was going on.

Had he simply been mad that John didn't do more to save her, I'd get it. The fact that he literally thought John was leading the campaign to oust Val makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever unless he thought it was racially motivated. There's a massive difference between "John didn't try hard enough" and "John is running the show over there."

I thought it was extremely clear from his train of thought that, in Jeremy's mind, the only possible reason he could find for Val being voted out was "the racist pitcher convinced everyone to get rid of the black lady." Otherwise, there's no reason at all to just immediately assume John was the power player.

Also, my take on the "virus" comment was that it had less to do with how Rocker was with his own tribe and more to do with how he was being perceived by the other tribe and nobody wanting to have a group of people see them as Rocker sympathizers, especially when they don't have numbers on their side.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

^Did Jeremy really say Rocker had led the campaign to boot his wife?

He blamed it on all the men before the RC started, then when they got back to camp, was going on about him "running the show" before he divulged all the past comments. He literally went directly from "he's running the show" to the racial comments.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

I feel like he kind of got caught in the middle a bit after he made that promise to Jeremy, but he really did put in an effort to help Val and he really was (otherwise) loyal to his alliance. Actually, his plan to save Val was supposed to make her use her HII and boot another person not in the alliance, which wouldn't undermine his team at all, although in reality that plan would have backfired if the men voted 3-3. Basically my opinion on him is that he's an rear end in a top hat and kind of a moron but that I'm not sure if he deserves the disloyal/unreliable tag necessarily... he was trying to do right by all the people he owed something to.

Yea, Rocker really didn't screw anybody but Josh, is already doing the same kind of poo poo with his Baylor alliance. I mean, it was a great play by Josh, but he was the one who really installed that narrative within the rest of Rocker's alliance and only to help himself personally.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Milovan Drecun posted:

I agree with you guys, mostly, but I think it's stretching to say he was reliable. I do think in his moronic way, he wasn't being disloyal. But he revealed sensitive information to advance his own agenda (keeping his pair safe) which wasn't going to serve his alliance down the line. Why should any one of the guys care about their allies' counterparts? They'll need some, not all. And 3 weeks later what happens if there's a true Pagonging? Rocker probably survives that because of his idol, does he save Val then? And Val would virtually be in the same position this last week, so Rocker would be again put to the test between Jeremy/Josh and co, and her idol bluff may have gained steam. His play was definitely moronic and uneven but I don't think there was any ill intent.. which makes him kind of stupider. And he was vocal in a way that he drew his own target on his back.

Like people who think Rocker shouldn't have gone, were you not dropping you jaws and muttering 'shut up' when he outed himself at reward?

Oh yea.

It was a really dumb thing to say.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The point is that Rocker is no risk long term so there's no reason to NOT utilize him in the team challenge stage until you absolutely have no other recourse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rafington posted:

I'm trying to think of who's gotten less screen time than Kelley and I can't do it. Maybe Missy?

Reed

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jeremy is so interesting because all the words come out right when he talks but he's giving all the signs of a massive overplay on the horizon.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

paperchaseguy posted:

so, basically, he and Josh are the same player.

I had a hard time coming up with a list of Survivor players dumber than Drew, so how about Things On Survivor Smarter Than Drew:

sea cucumber
a coconut
Lisi
barfing eel
whoever it was on RI who couldn't figure out how to start a fire when they were holding a burning lamp

Josh is just thinking a bit too hard. Jeremy has a serious inability to know when to shut the gently caress up and takes everything personally.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jeremy's bullshit is going to wear thin really fast, especially if the truth comes out about his dumb wife after the swap.

Keith made a needlessly stupid play but it may work out in his favor considering Jeremy's emotional play.

I also have a gut feeling that Jeremy was really only "in" with Natalie, so if they split, he could be on the outside looking in.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think it's very obvious that Drew lives in this bubble where the best looking people have the most influence and as such identified the most attractive girl as the most powerful.

It's why he thinks so highly of himself, his brother and his potential when aligning himself with Jaclyn and Jon.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 16, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Keith is fuckkeddd

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jeremy is a loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Divorced three times?