Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Maybe add back in the blurb about the top few recommended seasons, along with a note to ask in the thread if you want more recommendations? I don't think we needed the exhaustive list but the shortlist might be nice so first-timers don't end up watching Nicaragua.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

Because he was afraid to take a side

Yeah I think she probably told him which way she was voting and he asked if he could vote her so he wouldn't have to betray Nadiya. Seems like a really dumb move.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

playing for that jury

Yeah that's the reason I question it, seems bizarre that you'd feel that bad about voting someone out on day loving 3.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Teckiwi posted:

I hope someone on the guys group is smart enough to work out the Josh/Baylor vote and boot him next, it's such a huge overplay at 9 players and the guy will just cause drama flipping when he feels the heat if he's not their next boot.

I don't think we know enough about what happened with the vote yet to know if that's the right call, there's a good chance we find out next episode that Josh asked Baylor to let him throw away a vote on her and the guys were aware that it was happening. Nothing else really makes sense at this point, and even if Josh is sketchy it's smarter for them to secure their numbers right now, because if Baylor tells Josh and flips to the girls, they're hosed.

rafington fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 27, 2014

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Mercaptopropyl posted:

I'm with you on the carrying a grudge around part, but nothing can convince me there was anything wrong with what she had Dawn do at FTC. Yeah Dawn felt humiliated, but she shouldn't have. I don't think there was anything humiliating about it at all.

Dawn having a gigantic breakdown over the teeth thing in front of Brenda was the whole reason that they were close in the first place, so Brenda had to know that it was an extremely vulnerable point of weakness for Dawn. You can argue Dawn shouldn't have been humiliated by it, but that doesn't change the fact that Brenda knew that making Dawn take out her teeth would be incredibly painful and difficult for her, and she still chose to shame Dawn anyways.

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Do we know how everyone voted for the tie vote? We only noticed them showing the re-votes but those aren't the ones I wanted to see.

Looking on Wikipedia, it says that Val/John voted for Baylor and Wes/Vaylor voted for Val. Jaclyn must've voted for Baylor too, so one of Josh/Dale/Alec was the fourth vote for Baylor (most likely Dale or Alec), and the other two voted for Val.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

Sure, but Dawn used that vulnerability to require a favor/build a relationship with a friend/ally she backstabbed in quite cold blood. You can sit there and argue game this, real life that, but that's the kind of choice you have to make to play in the first place, and if Dawn wasn't cool with her unadulterated face going on national television, she shouldn't have signed up.

I'm not arguing that Dawn shouldn't have expected the possibility of being attacked on TV, because that's a given with Survivor, I'm just responding to the person that said that there wasn't anything wrong with what Brenda did, because in my mind it was an extremely lovely and unnecessary attack.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Piell posted:

That's basically what final tribal is for.

I thought final tribal was to help you make up your mind about your vote.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm pretty sure there are people who have not had a spoken word so far on this season, but Kelley is not one of them plus she's hot so she gets a lot of screen time.

I'm trying to think of who's gotten less screen time than Kelley and I can't do it. Maybe Missy?

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Met posted:

You're right. They're better off with Baylor in challenges. Getting Pagonged isn't the end of literally all of their shot at the million, right? That's how it works?

Pagonging is a lot less likely in blood vs water because of all the relationships going into the merge that people normally don't have in other seasons.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Should shoot for the hardest one first, that way you can shoot 5 in a row without having to run back and forth a million times.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Ahahahaha Drew owns

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

You guys are spot on every single season with the tribe swaps. I guess I don't pay close enough attention. (Or you watch previews which I do not)

It was in the preview.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

I really dislike Missy. But she is going to come out ahead this week

Really? I feel like they're gonna go with Dale/Kelley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Robnoxious posted:

Keith should be beaming... they basically said part of a pair is leaving.

Yeah Keith is actually in a good spot, Dale will be the next to go, he's got an idol, and both sides are gonna want him after the merge.

• Locked thread