Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaisyDanger posted:

I can't think of a worse final four than Thailand. Maybe RI, but at least Special Agent Phil was amusing and some people like Boston Rob, though I can't understand why! They were just wholly unlikeable. I definitely did not give a poo poo who won that season.

Fabio/Chase/Sash/Holly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

pkid posted:

Is there more info on this? When did it happen?

A few days before the game began. A pair of women had to drop out because of a medevac, and they didn't have alternates.

That's why the season has a gender imbalance - 8 women, 10 men.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

John Rocker probably has never seen the show so he doesn't grasp the idea that having two idols on episode 2 is unlikely

He got sequestered in a hotel room and given the DVDs for one or two full seasons of Survivor just before it started. He should know better.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Rocker was a bad player, but for the others to gang up on him for stuff he said 20 years ago was ridiculous. It seemed like the other team didn't even know what he said, only that he said something bad, and then they called him a bad sport for getting yelled at by them???

We've seen two gross misogynistic comments from him in two episodes, one of them directed at his girlfriend. He's a toxic person, and I'm glad he's gone.

I'm looking forward to Baylor's inevitable win.

CODChimera posted:

That was pretty funny. I also liked how people were told not to make Rocker suspicious and then Jaclyn(?) says all that poo poo at tribal and is so lucky Rocker didn't play his idol for whatever reason because that was a huge warning sign she put up.

Overall though, it's not too engaging yet...

That was the edit. Everything Jaclyn said was consistent with the idea that they were voting out Dale, and the bug-eyed Rocker reactions were edited in from other moments at TC. She was saying that to comfort Rocker, not because she's a moron who didn't understand she was warning him.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

And you know this how?

I can tell from some of the pixels.

We know TC contestant reactions are very often spliced in from other parts of TC. We know Jaclyn isn't an idiot, probably. We know the editors had a stake in making us think Rocker was getting suspicious and might play an idol. It seems overwhelmingly likely to me that that's what happened, but figuring out what actually happened at TC in hindsight after taking into account what happened, what the editors wanted us to think at the time, and how dumb or not dumb the contestants are is really more of an art than a science.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 9, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaisyDanger posted:

I was really confused about why they left Jaclyn out and instead brought Alec in. They knew Jaclyn would have no problems voting for John, but Alec might.

I think Jaclyn knew though, as she ended up voting for John and not Dale. If she didn't know, she would have to be a grade A moron to change her vote from Dale to John just because she hates the dude.

Well, the audience for that conversation and argument was Wes, so we as viewers can't take it at precisely face value. Josh had to sell it to Wes in a way that would convince him to jump on board.

You can't sell a Josh+Baylor+Jaclyn+Wes vote to Wes, because Wes can tell he's on the bottom of that totem pole and won't go along. It has to be Josh+Wes+Alec+Baylor vote, because then Wes can feel secure that the men's alliance is still in control and he'll be willing to go along with the plan.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

He told them about that idol pretty quickly, to be fair. He hadn't had it for long and he didn't have to tell them about it either.

He told them about the idol after having led the charge for a risky play that almost backfired in the previous tribal council that only made sense if he didn't have an idol and Val did.

Josh came very close to losing his top ally because Rocker wanted to do a split vote that depended on Val having an idol. He's going to feel betrayed by that alone, let alone knowing that Rocker was apparently secretly scheming to save Val.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 9, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

Sandra is as much of an assassin as you can be in Survivor!

:colbert:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

They gave him the triumphant Earl-standing-on-top-of-a-rock helicopter shot.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Shakugan posted:

Yeah, they really messed up with the casting this season. Usually there are at least a few people who have some idea of how to play the game, but this season?

Josh + Baylor 4 lyfe

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh good my irrational insistence that Baylor is going to win can continue :dance:

The idea that Josh was closeted two years ago, and also that they're practicing abstinence until gay-marriage, is ridic.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I don't know why they voted out Kelley instead of Dale. It seemed like Baylor and others had a problem with Dale specifically, but then they just skip voting him out and instead target his daughter who might have been willing to work with them if it weren't for Dale holding onto grudges. I know that Kelley had been getting some comments about being a smart player, but there also didn't seem to be any mention of it during this episode.

Kelley was on the majority alliance on the other tribe and would have been a threat at the merge because of her relationships with other players. Dale is just an isolated grumpy old dude.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 23, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Baylor's gonna be the next Sandra, I can feel it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This was a fairly boring episode, but I'll always treasure Alec telling us he's a meat collector :allears:

Jeremy's on notice for me because of his tsk-tsking the gays showing affection. That seemed icky to me.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 30, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Danzel Glovington posted:

Not fully sure if I'm getting what you're saying but I did have some thoughts on that part of the episode too.

To elaborate: a lot of homophobia and denying LGBT people access to public spaces comes in the form of concern trolling. "I'm not saying I'm bothered by gay PDAs, I'm just telling you that maybe you should be careful because other people might be bothered", or "I'm fine with you being gay, but it would really kill your grandfather so I'd prefer you not come out to the extended family right now". Jeremy's comments raised that kind of red flag for me. "Josh and Reed are making out, and it bothers be because it's bad for their game (even though I'm not aligned with them, even though every single thinking person already knows that they're aligned)" reads to me as a really dishonest attempt to find an excuse to say "it bothers me that Josh and Reed are affectionate towards one another" without sounding homophobic.

e: V Maybe! I'm sensitive to it though~

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 30, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I really can't get into the headspace of someone who would dislike Baylor based on that video. It rules.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Hello TVIV friends, I'm going to a casting call later this month and would love some advice :love:

Definitely mention how you're an internet weirdo who played a forum version of Survivor. They love the young superfan mastermind/awkward nerd archetype.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Incredible that people still believe in the winner's edit.

Baylor is obviously getting a winner's edit though? :confused:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaisyDanger posted:

Don't you dare.

The argument is going to be really easy for her to make at FTC

-I'm a cockroach that people kept trying to kill
-I stabbed my mom in the back at an opportune moment - you thought I was her puppet, and so did she, but I was just doing what I needed to get further with the people I needed to
-I'm still here

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think the editing made Josh look bad. He just happened to be in an alliance with three assholes, and those three assholes pushed the swing vote away. It didn't look like his fault at all. He came off extremely well (and he's obviously going to get to play again.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wes' final words were great. "Those wings were definitely not worth a million dollars, but you know... you gotta wing it sometimes. Take a risk. Gotta risk it to get the biscuit"?????

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm finally getting around to watching this week's episode.
Ten minutes in:
I'm super happy at Baylor losing her poo poo over horses and brownies
and Baylor writing down "JULIE - AKA TRAIL MIX" as an answer in the rope chop challenge
and Jon being a huge douche.

e: hahahah holy poo poo Jeff's hissy fit
and Reed calling Baylor a brat and bitchily calling himself a people person. This was minutes after him saying "i don't need to go on this reward MY FAMILY HAS TWELVE HORSES" Everything is fantastic :allears:

e2: "it's like cream cheese" wow

e3: When everybody is congratulating Keith on his immunity win, you can hear Reed calling him "the ball master" in the background :swoon:

e4: Jon - Wine Expert is my favourite thing. I enjoy everything about this episode.

e5: yesss Baylor laying shade on her mom. By describing her being blindsided irl.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 7, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Ehhh, I don't know. I really don't see how Baylor is considered a bad person. She's boring, coasting at the game, and doesn't have any strategy, but she doesn't come off as being particularly nasty or unpleasant. She hasn't thrown any bitch fits at camp (Every contestant whose name starts with J), intentionally treated other team members like poo poo (Drew/Alec), or anything else that would make her a "brat".
Idk, Baylor does bratty things, and it owns. Just last episode, she wrote the hilariously petty "JULIE AKA TRAIL MIX" for no reason in her answer in the reward challenge, apparently had a fun squabbly relationship with Alec, rolled her eyes a lot. At minimum, you have to trust that Reed isn't an idiot and was at least trying to push an angle that had a kernel of truth.

She doesn't have no strategy, either - her and Natalie seem to be a strong pair, and she strategises and does things with Natalie without her mom. She was going to blindside Missy's biggest ally in the game without telling her!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Seriously look at how smug she is about TRAIL MIX :swoon:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's going to be something that messes with the votes (double your vote? nullify someone's vote? cast a vote at another tribe's TC?) and it's gonna be awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm just going to go to Survivor Sucks and try to find gifs of that, I'm sure it's been compiled already.

In the meantime:

• Locked thread