Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

Pet Peeves: When people have their windshield wipers on and it’s not raining.
:argh:

Pony: Farmer Dad
Poison: Amazing Race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm happy to see Blood vs. Water on a season with no returning players. It might be able to convince idiots to make moves instead of staying loyal at the bottom of a day 1 alliance based on nothing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Amazing Race contestants on Survivor?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Google site:forums.somethingawful.com survivor gifs

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

We'll figure it out if he starts glaring at contestants wearing slip-on shoes.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Designated Twinnie ruins the purity of the game!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is clearly the redemption island challenge arena. gently caress this.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Boxman posted:

Take solace that the dirt cheap production of the show is what will keep it on the air for so long we finally get the cast who was entirely born after the show premiered. And on that season, Jeff's quest will finally be complete.

(Assuming I'm interpreting your comment right)
Are the 1 on 1 challenges that much cheaper than spartan team events like various tackling, mud, and ball events?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jeff Probst has no time for your lovely negotiations!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Boxman posted:

I'm sad they didn't take the gear, just because I'm curious what the "higher payment" would have been down the road.
Make them throw the letters from loved ones into a fire.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jeff Kent is watching and getting really mad that John Rocker is much more famous.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Parents are soft. Vote out the weak while you still can!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I told you to play your idols!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

How did John not use the idol?
Everyone is bad at this game.

"Sure he told me he had an idol, but he's not going to use it on me! :mad:"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jeremy's bullshit is going to wear thin really fast, especially if the truth comes out about his dumb wife after the swap.

Keith made a needlessly stupid play but it may work out in his favor considering Jeremy's emotional play.

I also have a gut feeling that Jeremy was really only "in" with Natalie, so if they split, he could be on the outside looking in.
I think Jeremy might be useful as a low member of an alliance if he actually switched alliances and this wasn't just a spite vote. There are a lot of uses for a guy who makes himself a target but still votes the right way.

Was there a satisfying explanation for why Drew was hung up on Kelley instead of Julie?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is a wonderfully stupid cast. Drew throwing a challenge and getting himself voted out should be the dumbest thing so far but John really believed Val had 2 idols which was itself an incredibly stupid lie.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If they had to do something about twitter it would have been a lot better to forbid players from talking to each other as opposed to talking at all.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Missy overplaying for her incompetent daughter should make for good TV.

Rice punishment is dumb and arbitrary but so is the tribe swap so whatever.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bjay9 posted:

Are you really against something that's been going on in the show for 13 years? Or just this season's swap? I'm genuinely curious!
The timing of the swap is producer meddling but a random draw should be fair and anything (other than Redemption) that can nudge people away from dead end alliances is worthwhile.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Budget cuts are getting serious.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I get the feeling that the other couple on that tribe is going to take out Baylor or Missy then be shocked when the 3 singles beat them.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Other than the reward challenges, the blood vs. water gimmick is working well. I like that people are overreacting to early boots. The siblings moved on. Jeremy went after John for failing to protect his wife. Julie felt isolated and is a coin flip away from quitting. Missy and Dale overreacted. Baylor is happy to ride coattails, while Kelley tried to manage an emotional player. Dale went for revenge and threatened the alliance instead of trying to leapfrog Keith just to stay in the game.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Robnoxious posted:

Kim's narrative wasn't lost on me.
What lost me was watching the parade of idiots she put into a barrell and blasted with a shotgun.
It wasn't a barrel!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This season is boring. Half the people look like they aren't playing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

So glad the lovely redemptionexile island challenges are done.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Recursive posted:

Wow, great challenge.

You spoke too soon.
It's a real challenge and not 1 on 1 in the arena. I don't hate exile island on its own.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Blindsided by this taco overload.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Should have hidden it behind the lizard.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Natalie fighting to hold back laughter as Baylor and Jaclyn are outraged.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Memory game. I'll DVR the rest of this.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If Josh isn't winning Jeremy might have a chance. I have hope for this season.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Baylor gets a ton of screentime, but so did Josh and that went poorly.

Major characters: Baylor, Jeremy
Above average: Jon, Jaclyn, Missy
Average: Keith, Reed
Minor: Alec, Wes
0.0% chance of winning: Natalie

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

#HASHTAGBLINDSIDED

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

A Desperate ploy to get Tarantino to help finance season 30.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Really? People don't use their feet to pick up stuff at home? I do it all the time.

Well maybe not ALL the time, but I do it fairly often.
A pen or something with my toes, but not using my legs like chopsticks.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

A skinhead being stalked by skinheads!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Good job losing jury votes, idiots.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Not sure why I should keep watching.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I don't know what Jon and Jaclyn are thinking because right now they have two people on the jury who aren't going to vote for either of them.
Jon looks like a snake. Wait 3 days to get rid of Jeremy and you might actually have a chance of getting his vote.

e:

sportsgenius86 posted:

Eh the same poo poo was going to happen to them by Natalie and Jeremy if they didn't do it first so at some point you gotta stick around and worry about the rest later.
At some point. It was not an immediate threat. They had an idol and were pretty drat sure Natalie and Jeremy didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Christina had people explain her hopeless situation to her face and she didn't seem to grasp it.

• Locked thread