Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Doflamingo posted:

Oh poo poo, I just remembered that Colton's fiance died in a work related incident not long ago. I'd say it's karma but eh...

This doesn't even make sense? It's Karma that a nice guy died because his boyfriend was a douchebag? Like what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xbilkis posted:

Well, she was on exile island when everyone on her tribe was getting to know one another, she had one of her only allies betray her and the other one was voted off, leaving her with one person she had any reason to trust. Oh, and she has a likable and strong family member on the other tribe, although it's tough to tell how well the opposing tribe can gauge things like that.

She way overplayed her hand but she was probably doomed anyway. I appreciate her going down as a kind of insane person who burned Baylor's game on her way out

She's the type of person that I would assume could have blended right in and not be on anyone's radar to vote off right away though. But she went and lied about having 2 idols right away and put some sort of giant rear end target on herself for no reason at all. Like she could have made the merge just by not lying right off the bat...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

Something I found interesting this ep was Probst's reaction to the request to trade a bag of beans for a flint. He was such a hardass to the team making the offer as if they were doing something wrong, and cut it down when it could have become an interesting negotiation between the tribes.

They kind of were doing something wrong and Probst was totally right to be a dick to them. They just won fishing gear and decided they would be willing to give up their beans for another flint... They weren't really giving anything up with that trade!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Milovan Drecun posted:

Rocker said, to the camera and no else, that she should have played her idols. He's just dumb, ok?

Pretty obvious that he has only watched the last 2 seasons of Survivor most likely and the cop having a couple idols at the end of the game made Rocker think it was believable that someone managed to find 2 idols right away.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Robnoxious posted:

I'm sensing a Pagongin' is in our future, I hope not but the wind is strong from that direction.

Based on the previews, even with Rocker gone there is still enough stupid people fighting very hard to rise to the top and grab the crown.

Well considering past Survivor seasons. There is likely to be a tribe swap coming up in two weeks, once they are down to 14 players. They seem to be doing a lot to keep the Pagongin from happening with the blood vs water and exile island pairing people up from both tribes every week is bound to create some interesting alliances when they merge!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I wonder how much they are going to have to lose in order to get a bag of rice a few days before they merge into one tribe?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bbf2 posted:

I agree with your overall point but its funny to me that you're giving her credit for having a connection with Baylor.

Well she does get all the credit for her connection with Baylor...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TheCenturion posted:

I wonder what would have happened if they'd said 'Jeff, we have a proposition. We're about to do an immunity challenge, yeah? Double or nothing. We win, you rice us up. We lose, we vote off two people instead of one.'

He would have said no cause they only had an 18 player season and it would gently caress up the numbers for the game.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

No tribal ended up making that a really anticlimactic and lovely episode to be honest :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Terry Glenn posted:

Final 3: Alec, Natalie, Baylor, Survivor gets cancelled.

Why would this be bad? Natalie has played the game. Baylor has played the game. ALec is just Fabio. Like those 3 wouldn't be a bad final 3 at all?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They gave a sob story for J&J. Survivor history says it's gonna be a bad day for them :(.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ghostpilot posted:

Holy poo poo, they just happened to have that handy?

A few people dropped out without getting food. They probably had one or two more items to tempt them down with that they decided to not use until Natalie asked for it!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

sportsgenius86 posted:

Probably not since there's two

From the preview there might only be one soon :D. Just kidding, it's going to be total misdirection.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Narcissus1916 posted:

At the beginning of this season, I criticized this board for always saying that every single move is the SINGLE STUPIDEST MOVE EVER.

But this season has been particularly atrocious.

But the move was smart. It was a member of the minor alliance mentiong that there was a plan to gently caress poo poo up.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

elgarbo posted:

So what's the story with next week being a special 2 hour episode? Or did I mishear?

I dunno, either going to be 2 episodes rolled together or there's just gonna be so much crazy poo poo they made it a 2 hour episode?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

Jon and Jaclyn seem hosed overall. They can't really side with either threesome because they'll be out at 5. Their best bet is to vote somebody out of one of the threesomes and THEN flip.

I want Baylor vs Jaclyn fire-building challenge in the final four.

That's the one thing that is hurting this season. Jon and Jaclyn got themselves in a power position but haven't been smart enough to make the most of it.

Having 2 people means they can vote one person out of one of the 3 but still have the power to flip and take out someone on the other 3 the next tribal council. They should have an insane amount of power in the game but they have no idea why they are in the position or what they should do in the position. It's 2 people with an idol in the middle of two 3 person alliance.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ghostpilot posted:

Wow, if you thought Keith was being a dumb rear end at Tribal before? Hooboy.

I went ahead and fixed this for you.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Forgot this was on. Was the first episode worth watching?

Depends what you're into. If you want survivor, probably not worth watching. If you want a soap opera, it might be worth watching.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Now it's Missy and Baylor's turn to be upset they didn't get to go on reward...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

I will laugh a whole lot if Natalie successfully blindsides Jon.

Hopefully she convinces them to do a vote split and then gets rid of jon...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Otteration posted:

No Island Alec footage forbodes.

There's no footage of him finding an Idol on Idol Island this week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xbilkis posted:

Hey what do you know

It was solid misdirection from the editors. No way the first half is going to be about blindsiding John and have John actually get blindsided. It was foreshadowed to early for it to actually happen (at least not this episode).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

njsykora posted:

Gee I bet you all feel like assholes for mocking Jon's wine snobbery now. Also why the gently caress are we doing this poo poo at Tribal?

It's the winners edit. First Jaclyn can't have kids, now Jon's dad has brain cancer. They are setting Jon up for final 3 and for his victory.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shakugan posted:

So Natalie betrayed Jon not by voting out Jaclyn, which she easily could have done and significantly weakened him, but by instead voting out Alec instead of Keith.

I take back any praise I've sent her way, that made no sense whatsoever. Both Jon and Jaclyn will be after her now, so stupid.

The problem with voting out Jaclyn is she would have had to involve Keith and Alec into the plan for it to work... and we all know what happens when you trust Keith with a plan like that.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ghostpilot posted:

Wasn't day 33 traditionally the last day to play an HII?

It's always been the final 4 or final 5 depending on if it's a final 2 or final 3 season.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bigass Moth posted:

Is the finale Sunday or next Wednesday?

It's Wednesday finale.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kieth has been bad strategically at this game but he's obviously been pretty rock solid socially to still be in the game. He's a challenge threat and has the firefighter story to back him up. He wouldn't be a bad winner at all in a season where actual strategy has mostly not been existent anyway.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Anonymous Zebra posted:

The best part is that the Tyler Perry Idol didn't even get used. Like its special power could have literally been "This realistic idol is completely useless, and is just for show" and Tony's tactic still would have worked.

Sorry, it never got played. It got used heavily...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xbilkis posted:

I want someone to yell a spoiler at the finale one year just so they stop doing this bullshit

Well even if someone did that, there's a delay in any live broadcast these days so they can mute/cut away when anything bad happens.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ghostpilot posted:

A number of challenges this season seem to allow for outside factors (such as wind) moreso than usual. I don't think I particularly care for that. Sucks to know that you can do well and then get hosed because the wind changed.

Every season where they have to balance something is at the mercy of mother nature for changing the outcome. It's kind of what makes the challenges special, sometimes it doesn't matter how strong you are at standing on a pole, some wind, rain, or a fly will get you off balance.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also why is every loving commercial break taken up by cancer kids and hungry kids? Like gently caress you CBS.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ghostpilot posted:

The problem for Nat is that now she has to win immunity.

Yes but she increased her odds of winning it. Realistically it's between Kieth and Nat for immunity at final 4. Cause it's either going to be a crazy maze or a balance challenge and Missy can't do either and Jaclyn won't be able to either most likely.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well Missy and Jaclyn each have a vote going into it. The question is how much did John and Baylor talk up their loved ones to the rest of the jury...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ghostpilot posted:

Wait, why would Jon & Jaclyn still being together be a question, Jeff? :confused:

Well gently caress, now you gotta watch the reunion show.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nexal posted:

Again Jeff "I REALLY THINK YOU LIKE IT" so it's a season with redemption island.

It's not like he's going to say, "And sadly I don't think the viewers will appreciate watching it"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Was really expecting returning players for season 30 to be honest. Seems like the perfect number to do that with. As it is, hopefully they cast it like season 28 and not like season 29.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

d Missy get along better?! Or why didn't Jon, Missy and Reed form a Bible circle grouping. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Maybe Missy wasn't cool with a gay Christian. Still a stupid amount of Christians till be absolutely disgusted at someone saying they are a gay christian ;). And maybe the producers decided that wouldn't be a good story line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nexal posted:

I actually read another article earlier today and just skimmed through to find something that confirmed it.
This one has the hosts name right though http://www.crossmap.com/news/survivor-season-30-premiere-date-jeff-probst-reveals-reason-why-worlds-apart-stars-an-all-new-cas-15674 and what's even better it's from the same website :downs:

I don't think a christian living website is a good source for survivor at all...

• Locked thread