Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
hey guys whats going on in thi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

sportsgenius86 posted:

It would be genius if it was intentional because he can pretend he voted for Nadiya, Baylor obviously can't vote for herself so she can be assumed to have voted for Dale, she stays in the girls alliance and the heat can be directed elsewhere.

On one hand that's a clever play, on the other it seems way too complicated this early.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jeremy is so interesting because all the words come out right when he talks but he's giving all the signs of a massive overplay on the horizon.

so, basically, he and Josh are the same player.

I had a hard time coming up with a list of Survivor players dumber than Drew, so how about Things On Survivor Smarter Than Drew:

sea cucumber
a coconut
Lisi
barfing eel
whoever it was on RI who couldn't figure out how to start a fire when they were holding a burning lamp

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

CODChimera posted:

Keith and Jeremy talking at tribal was the funniest thing.

Keith has one strange strategy going on.

It was a dumb move to point at Jeremy... but it may work out for Keith. Crazy like a fox?

eta: need a gif of Keith jumping like he'd uncovered a snake instead of the idol

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I think Jeremy might be useful as a low member of an alliance if he actually switched alliances and this wasn't just a spite vote. There are a lot of uses for a guy who makes himself a target but still votes the right way.

Was there a satisfying explanation for why Drew was hung up on Kelley instead of Julie?

according to Drew, because she was quiet and in the background

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think it's very obvious that Drew lives in this bubble where the best looking people have the most influence and as such identified the most attractive girl as the most powerful.

It's why he thinks so highly of himself, his brother and his potential when aligning himself with Jaclyn and Jon.

that's probably accurate... especially if you look at his preseason interview answers again:

Drew Christy posted:

Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Fabio or Malcolm because they are athletic, smart bros that know how to manipulate people and situations to advance themselves.

eta: lol

Drew Christy posted:

Personal claim to fame: I seem to pull off the unthinkable with ease. People will ask me…How did you do that?

well you sure pulled off the whole "not thinking" thing easily

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Robnoxious posted:

I can not stand Missy and Baylor are just failing forward through this game.

Me neither. It's also pretty heavily implied that Missy was the one going through the rice so quickly.

also: 46 posts? Can't tell if reality TV is dying, or SA.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Keith after the merge is going to be in a good spot, back with his son and an idol no one knows about. Missy seemed to like him, and he might hook up with Jeremy and Kelly.

Watch him tell Wes about the idol who then blabs it

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
I didn't think Jeremy had any bad intentions, and the show pointed out the same thing about Jon and Jaclyn as Juanito said. This is pretty pro click about the whole situation:

also there was a straight couple constantly doing PDA on my hour long flight today and it got old quick.

eta: I was just thinking about making it to FTC, and how the singles have an incentive to vote off ALL the couples prior to FTC, because they would have an ironclad jury vote.

And then I thought: what if a couple got to the final four, and one of them voted off the other in order to lock down a jury vote.

And then: what if they already planned this :vince:

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

dantheman650 posted:

I don't have high hopes for the post-merge game. This far into the season there's not a single person I'm rooting for and not anyone I can't wait to see go home. It's just a bunch of dullards who aren't very good at the game. It's a shame after a run of such interesting and exciting seasons, but you can't win 'em all.

-- practically every season pre-merge ever

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Lone Goat posted:

What in the world does this even mean

Imagine a Russell Hantz without the douchiness, smarminess, arrogance, and self-unaware monologues, make him a hot female good at challenges, and, oh yeah, make her a winner (with a big assist from Colton being unable to tolerate an annoying guy and instigating the stupidest Survivor move ever).

Basically they're nothing alike except for the implications of what you quoted: they both dominated their seasons which were otherwise full of unmemorable characters.

eta: gently caress I just continued ressellchat

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
I thought the first 40 minutes were pretty good, even though the end of the episode sucked. There's so much crap going on (in normal episodes) with Exile and Reward Challenge and Immunity Up for Grabs and Twelve Penetrating Questions from Jeff Probst that they forget to focus on the social game. Then you get maybe 7 minutes of frantic misdirection between commercials.

I even like the awkward silences better than the cobbled-together audio that never gives time for a breath.

paperchaseguy fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 6, 2014

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Shakugan posted:

Yeah, that was something that stood out to me. Jeremy's attitude is easily as sexist as the rest, if not more so.

Women players: "These guys are real jerks"
Jeremy: "We men should be more polite around the women"
*sound of a thousand goons pounding away on their tumblr to condemn Jeremy*

Lone Goat posted:

If a final is AaB then a says "don't vote for me, vote for A" and it's A vs B and effectively a final 2. With ABC in the final you're up against two people which is much worse because votes rarely get split amongst all three FTC members.

But it's better to have your partner A on the jury. That's a guaranteed vote for A' and no chance of a split vote that leaves player B a chance of a 4-3-2 win.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

EchoBase posted:

It's tough to think of a scenario with these exact players in which both partners would get votes but the votes are not transferable.

You are not allowed to share the money, so it may not be allowable to even encourage "transfer" votes like that. And if I were on the jury, I would find the suggestion distasteful.

It's complicated because some of these people are blood relatives. OTOH it would be hilarious if, for instance, Jon and Jaclyn make the tribal, he transfers votes to her resulting in victory, then she forsakes any chance at being Rob and Ambuh II by dumping his rear end before the reunion.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
The vote turned out:

wes alec keith -- reed
reed missy baylor jon jaclyn -- jeremy
jeremy natalie -- keith

What seems to have happened is that Missy/Baylor/Jon/Jaclyn told Reed to vote Jeremy and he'd be safe. Then they told Wes/Alec/Keith they were voting Reed.

The editors usually go out of their way to make a hamhanded dramatic "is it A or B?" tribal, here they had an actual interesting tribal scenario fall into their laps and totally flubbed any buildup. What *seems* to have happened (from the vote) was hardly hinted at, just Jon saying he wanted Jeremy out. That combined with how the middle five appear to have manipulated the vote would have been much more interesting than what they actually showed. Somebody tell me what I'm getting wrong here.

Now if Wes/Alec/Keith had any sense they'd go straight to Reed and Natalie and try to pull them back, but they've probably already been outsmarted because Reed knows they voted for him.

Natalie looks pretty hosed unless she can bump Reed for the fifth wheel spot.

The middle five, if they have any sense, will take out Alec and Natalie, then blindside Jon at 7 or 6. Presumably Keith wastes his idol one of those three times. Then you have a Reed/Missy/Baylor final 3. *sad trombone noise*

Poque posted:

Feels like a fantastic move by Reed. Honestly, he probably SHOULD go with the Missy/Baylor/Jon/Jaclyn group, because once it gets down to five, all he has to do is side with one of the couples and he has a free path to final 3. Make it Missy and Baylor and he's got the game won.

get out of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Of course with the way they change the plot from episode to episode, next one will probably start out "Previously... on Survivor: Reed was manipulating his way to the top of the biggest alliance!"

eta:

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Why get rid of Alec? He's the goatiest goat who ever goated.

True, it could be Wes instead.

• Locked thread