Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IRQ posted:

Oh god drat it, why are the loving twinnies going to be on my tv again?

One bright spot is if they are on separate tribes they can't constantly be yelling "twinnie" at each other, right? right? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Almost everyone seemed utterly boring from the initial cast list, but I agree having watched an episode that this actually seems like a good cast.

I'm hoping Jeremy goes far.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

We've seen two gross misogynistic comments from him in two episodes, one of them directed at his girlfriend. He's a toxic person, and I'm glad he's gone.

Seriously. What is with all this weird Rocker defending. Dude was a bad sport and a creep even on the show.

I'm also not seeing anywhere near the blandness that everyone else is seeing. *Before* the season started I would probably have agreed, but having seen a few episodes this is nothing like One World. (Things could still go to poo poo, but so far this is feeling comfortably in the middle for me, nowhere near the best or worst)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Rocker wasn't any more of a poor sport than a lot of other alpha male dickbags who have been on this show.

And we don't defend any of those other alpha male dickbags either. They all suck.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jeremy was mad that his wife is stupid and chose to believe that his wife was eliminated because Rocker hates blacks than because his wife is one of the shittiest players in the history of Survivor.

Uh wow. Can you point me to the part in the episode where any of this happened? You seem to be inventing a narrative here. Jeremy has no way to know that his wife was a moron. All he knows is someone made him a promise and didn't keep it. His airing of Rocker's dirty laundry isn't because he thinks that is the reason his wife went home. Nothing of the sort was ever said. He's doing it as revenge for the dude not keeping his promise.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Add to that the fact that Rocker's loudest opposition was the chief supporter of the woman who couldn't shut up about how gay men are basically women and I think it's easy to see why people would disagree with what happened. Rocker seems like he's still probably an everyday piece of poo poo, but he really didn't do anything that bad in the game.

The first part of this is fair. But I disagree with Rocker not doing anything bad. No matter who you are in the game, he did bad things. Looking just at his tribe:

A)If you one of the women on his tribe - He is part of the alliance trying to vote you out.
B)If you are part of his all male alliance - He worked behind your back with Val, one of the people outside your alliance. He also worked with someone on the other tribe potentially against your interests. He also found an idol and didn't trust you/tell you about it.
C)If you are anyone on his tribe - He is stirring up animosity against your tribe beyond simple us vs them. This could have bad repercussions for your game later, especially since you are down numbers.

Mind you, although I think Josh was justified in making this vote out happen, I'm not sure if it was the right move. Rocker would have been great to have with you at the end of the game if you could make that happen.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Thinking what Jeremy and Natalie did was awful bullshit doesn't mean I'm a champion for John Rocker. He was an entertaining player. I don't have any desire to see him prosper as a human being. He still didn't do anything to warrant the horseshit that happened after the challenge.

I agree that Natalie's attack seemed really weird in the moment. I disagree that anything Jeremy did was uncalled for and I think you are making poo poo up to make that connection.

I admit to a Jeremy bias though, he's my favorite player at the moment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

STAC Goat posted:

Count me amongst those enjoying this season. It's not great but it's totally inoffensive with some enjoyable aspects. I thoroughly enjoyed the downfalls of Rocker and Drew. I enjoy the never ending Blue Tribe vs Jeff feud over their inability to get their poo poo together and keep expecting him to bail them out. I enjoy Jeremy and don't quite get the seething hate some have for him. It's a taste thing, I guess. I enjoy Jeremy and the way he kind of balances his grounded and over the top stuff more than a guy like Tony last season who is so over the top he's basically a cartoon.

It's not a great season and there's no great players emerging but I don't need that. It's one hour a week and it's finding a story to entertain me each week. This week I enjoyed Jeremy and Natalie realizing Alec is just Drew with an inferiority complex and incredulously resigning themselves to kissing his rear end. And Jon and Jaclyn trying to figure out how to play and navigate which pigheaded parent to side with. It wasn't some amazing everlasting episode but it entertained me enough.

I can't believe how in agreement I am with STAC Goat this season, it is like opposite world, but yeah, what he said.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Juanito posted:

Personally I think Jeremy would have had the same reaction if Jon and Jaclyn had been doing the exact same thing.

Yup. When he first started talking I very briefly felt the other way, but before he was finished this is how I felt about it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anonymous Zebra posted:

EDIT: Honestly Jaclyn and Jon seem to have the best relationship since he actively has mentioned that she can take care of herself, and they at least seem to discuss their plays as equals. It's rather refreshing to see.

Yeah, neither of them seems super smart, but they are very likeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fast Luck posted:

Natalie isn't a goat. [other good words]

Yes, this, exactly. I'm going to be really sad if she gets knocked out at 4.

• Locked thread