Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Good op, thanks for keeping it noob-friendly.

also, TWINNIEEEEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
They are really good competitors, but as sisters, they like to yell and cheer each other, loudly, with no regards for anybody else. It's pretty annoying to listen to as a fellow contestant or just a spectator.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I can respect that they are fierce competitors. They absolutely get on my nerves though. I think it'll be interesting to see how they do on Survivor, where an abrasive attitude could get them in trouble really quick.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

So team gets a bunch of rewards and immunities by eating all their rice. As punishment they... lose their rewards, but their advantage (they're still in the game) remains... And they get a ton of rice to over eat.

They should have torn down their shelter, or make them forfeit the reward challenge or something.
I was waiting for Jeff to tell them to tear down their shelter.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Personally I think Jeremy would have had the same reaction if Jon and Jaclyn had been doing the exact same thing.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

STAC Goat posted:

I think Dale's only real misstep this week was targeting Missy. If he had just been good with Keith going then Jon might have been willing to convince Missy and Baylor to go that way and avoid the idol. I get why he went after Missy but I think it was pushing a little too far considering he was bluffing. Then again he kind of created this mess by making such a divide between him and Kelly and Missy/Baylor last week.
Missy has been divorced 3 times, I'm guessing not holding a grudge, and being reasonable aren't her strong suits.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Sorry to see one of the few likable people leave.

I think right now I'm mostly rooting for Reed, Jeremy and Natalie. I'm genuinely surprised at how much I like Natalie right now.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Mike White is my hero.

This was probably his exact reaction

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Shakugan posted:

Of course it is, he's sexist in a way that's far more insidious. Believing that women are delicate flowers who should be treated differently etc etc.
If only he were sexist in a less insidious way, by farting in front of them, and not having any respect for them.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think Natalie wins if she makes it to F3, I hope she does.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Poque posted:

Can idols be played reactively? Like, could Jon play his idol if Keith played his? I wonder if they have to announce it at the voting urn or something so Probst can be waiting for it.
Yeah, I think they can be played reactively. I don't think they have to announce it, and they can play it up until the votes have been read.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
One of my favorite moments in awhile.. this was some good stuff.

Look at Reed's glare. I wish it had succeeded because it would have been an #actualblindside but I'm glad it didn't, because this was entertaining.

I can't believe that Natalie is my favorite person.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Murmur Twin posted:

Natalie is my fave on this cast - I haven't watched the Amazing Race but I get the impression that she and her twin are way more abrasive there? She also seems to have a pretty good path to the end.
Very abrasive on The Amazing Race. Of course, it's not a popularity contest like Survivor is. They're just fierce competitors, and they'd yell and cheer each other in a way that is really annoying for other contestants. They compete to win.

You'd get sick of their yelling and root for them to lose (that was my watching experience, at leasT).

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Shakugan posted:

The reason she was worse on the Amazing Race is because they are incredibly annoying when together with all their "TWINNNIEEEEE" bullshit. Because they were separated immediately in the first episode, Natalie hasn't been remotely as bad.
I wasn't able to find any good clips of it on Youtube, and I was a little surprised considering how often it happened.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
If someone referred to my mom as girl, I wouldn't yell SHE'S A MOM. Unless I were 6.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Fast Luck posted:

Natalie isn't a goat.
[..]
She can still lose but she's put herself in a great position by virtue of being a good player.
I agree with your entire post. She hasn't had it easy either. The fact that she lost her partner first, is big. The fact that she and her sister were the only immediately recognizable people when the season started. I think people figured out Rocker, but it wasn't obvious the way the TWINNIES were.

Go Natalie.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Reed's speech was one of my favorite jury speeches ever. It was harsh, but oh well, Missy trying to act like she was some sort of motherly figure was annoying.

I only wished Baylor had yelled during FTC, "she's a mom!"

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Narcissus1916 posted:

Hidden Immunity Idols are great when used sparingly - they promote blindsides and secrecy.

Things tend to go to hell when Survivor introduces too many and you end up with near half of the players protected.

Something to cancel a HII certainly wouldn't be too bad, though I hope it wouldn't also cancel out challenge-won immunity necklaces too. Unfortunately I can already see the "NO ONE IS SAFE MUAHAHAHA" promos.
Challenge-won immunity necklaces seem sacred to me. I honestly can't see Survivor producers making GBS threads on the game that bad.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
That AMA reveals that Missy was pretty much a terrible person and got edited to not look so bad. Makes me appreciate Reed's speech that much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

less laughter posted:

What's Survivor parking
Rupert's latest business venture. It hasn't been as popular as he was hoping.

• Locked thread