Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Looks like a dud cast but I've been wrong before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Septimius posted:

The funeral for the bat was some really bizarre television.

I can't remember Brian being particularly creepy on the show, but it was very interesting when he got very uncomfortable when people were able to see his wife and home.

From what we saw in game play Brian was a pretty normal guy, but as soon as he went to confessionals he treated the other contestants like game pieces and not humans. He got pissed at his home video because his wife was like "look at our new car! Look at our huge mansion!" and he didn't want people to know he was rich because previous seasons had rich people get voted out because they didn't "need the money".

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
You can not have a freaking #blindside on day 1!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Danzel Glovington posted:

Was this knowledge gained somewhere in particular by you? Can you elaborate on why you think this? I chalked it up entirely to the show deliberately not showing us why Josh and Baylor made their votes due to it possibly spoiling strategy for later in the game.

In any case I'd say Nadia's ejection was displayed to be based on her making assumptions and stereotyping so I'm glad she's out. Good to see Josh seems to be a smart guy and both didn't play the situation emotionally, and made the decision I agreed with (I'm talking about sticking with the more loyal seeming guys and getting Nadia out... not the apparently erroneous vote for Baylor). Still though, poor guy's eyes!! :aaaaa:

Speaking of spoiling, those "scenes from next... rest of the season" holy crap, did anyone else watch those? I don't know what to think, there were like 3 or 4 highly significant things hinted at. Whether they were bluffs or double bluffs is still a possibility but I venture to say this kind of "scenes from" is a first for this show. Got me excited though, some funny stuff was in there.

edit: Spelled Baylor's name wrong cause I'm not sure it's a name. Has anyone else heard of it? I first put Baynor but realized wait that can't be right... changed it to Balnor cause that's a dwarf name I made in WoW then was like wait that doesn't mean it's a real name.

Yeah I wish I hadn't watched the preview scenes since there are a lot of fully-bearded men in them spoiling who lasts long.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Rocker is listed at 6'4 which makes me think no other man out there is taller than 5 foot because he absolutely towers over everyone.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Val is going to get so much poo poo at the police station for getting beat in that challenge, she barely put up a fight. So far I don't think too many brainiacs have stepped up into the spotlight since they're mostly focusing on Rocker and Baylor.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Pinterest Mom posted:

He got sequestered in a hotel room and given the DVDs for one or two full seasons of Survivor just before it started. He should know better.

I doubt that teaches you a whole lot since Val listed Monica Culpepper as the player she wants to be like. It was a year or two ago when half the girls listed Brenda as their inspiration when she got a silent edit but looked good doing it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Rocker was a bad player, but for the others to gang up on him for stuff he said 20 years ago was ridiculous. It seemed like the other team didn't even know what he said, only that he said something bad, and then they called him a bad sport for getting yelled at by them???

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I'm pretty sure there are people who have not had a spoken word so far on this season, but Kelley is not one of them plus she's hot so she gets a lot of screen time.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
There was basically nothing smart about what anyone did last night, except the possible girls alliance of "well they think we have a girl's alliance so we may as well for today." I'm glad Keith wasn't aware of subaliances, and I'm fairly sure Drew didn't watch his Survivor DVDs because neither of them have a clue how to play this game.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
They did everything except play circus music in the background when Drew was on screen so I don't know how you got a winner's edit from anything he may have done.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

TMMadman posted:

I don't know why they voted out Kelley instead of Dale. It seemed like Baylor and others had a problem with Dale specifically, but then they just skip voting him out and instead target his daughter who might have been willing to work with them if it weren't for Dale holding onto grudges. I know that Kelley had been getting some comments about being a smart player, but there also didn't seem to be any mention of it during this episode.

Kelley was a social threat who was probably the most athletic woman out there.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Well that was a waste of time.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
These people are all horrible players.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I am 100% convinced that Missy threw the reward challenge so Baylor could have it.

There is nobody I am rooting for this year since they're all so terrible at the game (from what we see at least).

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I think it showed a lot that the girls were basically laughing in Alec's face that he dared try to play against them at the vote. I think it's going to be a real bitter jury since very few people have any sense of how to play the game and will likely take it all personally.

Poque posted:

Awesome ep. A few good ones in a row. Post merge has been fun enough to help me forget the boring early game!

Jon's ultimate win seems inevitable now. It feels like its being telegraphed from all angles of the game. They managed to turn Jaclyn's uterus disease into a story about Jon which I think says a lot. Its weird, though. I don't think I'd mind if Jon won, he's consistently been having a lot of fun with the game and even had a good immediate reaction to Reed trying to pull one over on him. He respects the game so it'll be fine when he wins.

I still like Natalie but I just realized that her plan was to take out Reed, then betray Jon and ride an all-girl wave to final four. How does she expect that to have worked with Jaclyn immediately after betraying her boyfriend?
If anyone is getting the winner's edit it's Baylor. John is portrayed as a bumbling jock who relies on his girlfriend to succeed. Baylor is given every positive edit on the planet, except one brief comment about how she's lazy at camp.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 27, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The only person with any semblance of a game now is trying to make her votes entirely on emotion. I can not get over how dumb everyone is this season. How are there still two couples left this late?????

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
That episode was awful with all the missy drama. Sad that I can only root for Keith because he's an idiot and a horrible player.

Also I was a huge fan of Baylor, "my moms a fighter! She never quits!" *is divorced three times*

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 12, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Is the finale Sunday or next Wednesday?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
I can not believe people are praising baylors game in this thread. Or anyone's game. It is ok to have no good winner, which is our only option now.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
This season has five goats in the final five but unfortunately one has to win. Even in the context of the season it is ok to say there are no strong players left.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Bjay9 posted:

Let's be serious with ourselves though. IF Keith/Missy/Jacquelyn win, we might finally be able to say there is a winner less deserving than Fabio. Let that sink in.

And I love me some Fabio.

Bob was worse than Fabio IMO.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
That woman has no life.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Unmerciful posted:

Still can't believe Reed was so bitter about Missy he wouldn't let her tie and get more money for second place. It literally costs him nothing and he gets to vote for the best player to win. What a piece of poo poo

Actually it's cool.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Missy said she didn't like all the divorce talk but she brought it up all the time in confessionals.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Unmerciful posted:

I get that its legit within the game but to me screwing someone out of more money that costs you absolutely nothing purely out of spite objectively makes you an rear end in a top hat. All that matters is that the right person wins - everything else should be immaterial

Missy seems like a poo poo person who was awful to the people she didn't like, so I can't blame reed for getting some payback.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
No collar ugggggggggghhhhhh

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Also remember that missy stayed in the game after her injury which probably kept her daughter out if the final 3, and Baylor IMO had a better shot at winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Juanito posted:

Challenge-won immunity necklaces seem sacred to me. I honestly can't see Survivor producers making GBS threads on the game that bad.

This is a show that arbitrarily brought back two people who had been voted out in that very season.

• Locked thread