Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Still struggling to find anyone to root for this season, it sure as hell won't be Missy though.

Quitters are terrible and it's annoying that they knew they had a probable quitter on their hands and cast her anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
That was a fun episode :)

Can't believe Alec is just as ridiculously stupid as his brother, my god what a disaster of alliance management that was. Josh & Reed really failed big time too, a good survivor player would've either taken Jaclyn directly under their wing or made it crystal clear to their moron alliance mates why they need to play nice for a few tribals at least.

Also loved how blunt Keith was, he really just doesn't give a gently caress what people think about him he's gonna call it how he sees it. Trash talking Baylor right to Missy's face was great. I noticed Missy had no defense other than a feeble comparison to Keith/Wes which even she didn't seem to believe. Not a smart player, but a fun character at least. He does get a bit prickly where Wes is involved though, I sense a Keith meltdown if Wes ever comes under fire before Keith is gone.

edit: Missy not Misty.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I really didn't understand why Jon was so concerned about Jeremy at Final3 (aside from Jon being an idiot of course). If he and Jaclyn are joining that alliance then what possible reason would they have for taking Jeremy through to the end? Everything about Jeremy screams 'eliminate me around final 5', why the hell would you be hung up on final tribal implications this far out when everyone in the alliance should know Jeremy shouldn't still be in at F3.

edit:

Shakugan posted:

I know you're joking, but it's much easier to combat overt sexism like Alec is displaying than what Jeremy does. Precisely because the response is always "Jeremy is just going the extra mile to be polite!", "Jeremy is just being a gentleman". People don't want to acknowledge it as sexism, but it clearly is essentially by definition (given that it's an example of treating women differently/acting differently around women solely on the basis of their gender/reinforces gender stereotypes). That's why what Jeremy does is worse.

You didn't actually explain how it's worse at all though. It's not Jeremy can relate to and interact with women in the way that a normal human being can regardless of his opinions on their delicate sensibilities, while Alec for example seems thoroughly incapable of treating a woman as his equal. Jeremy's old fashioned ideas are sexist, sure, but his attitude and behaviours can in no way be described as worse than Alec's from what we've seen.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 14, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, neither of them seems super smart, but they are very likeable.

They both seem like pod people to me.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Really enjoying RHAP lately, probably helps that he's had some stellar guests in the past few weeks (Aras, Parvati, Vytas). It's almost like I have friends who like Survivor :unsmith:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I knew Reed's plan was too complicated for dummies like Keith, Wes & Alec to pull off successfully :(. Maybe if he could've pulled them all aside and said "I'm going to say a whole lot of poo poo at tribal because it is vital that Jon does not suspect whats up, just keep quiet and stick to the plan" but even then Keith really didn't seem to grasp what was going on. If Reed was working with non-dummies I think the best move is the same plan with the addition of Jaclyn being the actual target, and try to have Jon be juuuust suspicious enough to play the idol on himself, would be very difficult to pull off though.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Good episode, I came out of that one liking everyone a little more than I did before which was nice. We look to be heading towards a Natalie-Missy-Baylor F3 which Natalie should sweep, but Keith may shake that up with an immunity win at F4 (assuming a Jaclyn meltdown leads to her out next).

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Rick posted:

I like Keith quite a bit but you can't be that unintentionally harmful to your own allies in key situations and likely win. If he revealed he was a mastermind or something maybe I'd vote for him then.

How hilarious was it last episode where Natalie was coaching him on not screwing up tribal, then he was trying so hard to not screw up that he just blurted his lines out to Jeff without even being asked a question :lol:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

The problem is that every couple in the end will be the same, a tight pair of 2 people that will never betray each other (if you tell me about Ciara voting her mother out, GTFO, they both agreed that that would be the best move going forward) and not individual players. Let's hope for next season to be a return to greatness and not One World(s apart).

Absolutely agree on the Luara & Ciera situation, that move has been blown out of all proportion and was purely a pragmatic 'pile-on' vote by Ciera after she and her mom talked it through and realised it was a done deal. Certainly not the shocking twist/ruthless play it's hyped up as. I was annoyed that Rob C played into that in his interview with the two of them last week, really don't like Luara as a guest as her opinion of her game is so much higher than reality. Ciera is ok I guess but Hayden definitely stood out as the best player of that group.

I was pretty confused as to why Natalie wouldn't go to F3 with Missy & Baylor for an easy 8-0-0 but if she was genuinely worried about a backstab from them then I guess it was the right move, although it all relied on Jaclyn not smartening up.

Reeds speech was glorious, can definitely see that he's a stage performer. Was completely unnecessary and mean, but still it was entertaining. I was glad he didn't apologise at the reunion, as he quite rightly said he was talking purely about Missy on Survivor, it's not his fault that she decided to wilfuly ignore that and play upon the literalness of her being a former stepmother. That's a dishonest interpretation and she knows it, and the fact that she didn't attempt to rebut any point Reed raised confirmed to me that he was largely on the mark.

Leery of next year's theme, but then these types of 'categorisation' seasons tend to have a mix up very early and the original premise is mostly ignored by everyone but Probst. I feel like an All Stars season would've been appropriate for s30 but oh well..

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

IRQ posted:

What crazy lolbertarian thing is he up to that somehow results in this?

It is a joke about his shelter in All Stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

He was an insufferably entitled child on Pearl Islands too.

• Locked thread