Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Met posted:

This Season's Contestants
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Ozzy and Russell Hantz because I’ll dominate challenges and have girls under my wings making them think I will take them to the end.

:siren: Jerk detected! :siren:

quote:

Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Fabio or Malcolm because they are athletic, smart bros that know how to manipulate people and situations to advance themselves.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

quote:

Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Monica and Taj.

:geno:

quote:

Nadiya & Natalie (Twin Sisters)

Nadiya Anderson
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: A mixture of Sarah and Cliff

Natalie Anderson

Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Tony but hopefully not as insane.

So they only watched last season? Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

rafington posted:

Maybe add back in the blurb about the top few recommended seasons, along with a note to ask in the thread if you want more recommendations? I don't think we needed the exhaustive list but the shortlist might be nice so first-timers don't end up watching Nicaragua.

Ehhhhhhh we all disagree on those. Usually recommending seasons is a fun mid-week argument to have in-thread.

I think poison is just wanting to see them suffer, period. Seeing somebody think they're a mastermind and then cry as they get voted out is good enough for me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Apparently a lot of people know John Rocker from Major League Baseball, and he's said some pretty nasty racist stuff.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh come on Rarity. They're going to be annoying as hell and almost certainly don't know how to play Survivor.

I'm with...

Pony: Dale

Poison: Literally everybody else

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

DaisyDanger posted:

And now we need the picture of Shambo (or is it Denise?) scratching her thigh for the trifecta.

It was Shambo. See also: peanut butter on a Snickers bar.

I've googled these before, and I've been grudgingly relieved to have come up empty.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
gently caress you :mad:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey, he's homophobic, too!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Caleb's death sucks and is absolutely terrible.

Grindgate, however, was hilarious and unironically the high point of Thailand.

And I think Clay actually would have won, but Helen told Ted about some kind of racist comment which is specifically why Clay lost that vote, and the game. That led to stricter Ponderosa rules. But really, Clay winning is the only thing that could have made Thailand even worse.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It was also really frustrating watching the dummies he was up against buying every lie he fed them hook line and sinker.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To be fair, the early game is full of funny. Grindgate was amazing, and Sook Jai was a complete mess.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I don't remember hating Helen, but she was powerless against Brian's manipulation and Jan being pretty stupid.

Didn't hate Holly either, but Fabio winning was kind of the best thing that could have happened to that season. Watching the youtubes of him being a retard with his prize money and co-starring in a scantily-clad homoerotic film was also pretty good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I can't remember if it was someone in here or on RHAP, but the point was made that separating the twins should mitigate the obnoxious factor. Like, Natalie and Nadia taken separately will represent something like the square root of how intolerable they are as a unit.

I guess we're about to find out.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Her snark is sometimes funny, but she has obviously always been quite well-off and it really comes through in ways I can't stand. Like, she said something about being annoyed that she had to fly in the cabin with all the plebs on her way out to Gabon/the Philippines.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
HERE WE GO

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

DurosKlav posted:

Boston not very strong at throwing rings I guess.

:laugh:

I am from New England, and we were very much over BOSTON STRONG about a week after all that bullshit. What a horrible shirt.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
BOSTON STRONG not sharing the idol clue was so stupid on so many levels.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
HAY GURLFRIEND :sparkles:

Okay, I'm making one last push in here.

Awful Survivor is currently taking signups, and if you have active fun watching this stuff on TV, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

DaisyDanger posted:

I kept thinking of the Sept of Baelor from Game of Thrones. v:shobon:v

As someone who's never watched AR except an episode here or there, I didn't hate the twinnies right off the bat and was even fine with them until Nadiya started stereotyping Josh like a dipshit. I could not stop laughing at Dale breaking his loving glasses though. I'm really liking Keith so far because calling Rocker an rear end is always cool in my book. I suspect he will go far. His son seems like a dumbass, though.

On the podcast, Rob and Nicole were speculating that for each pair, there was one actual applicant and one recruit. It'll be interesting to see if that follows from the way they all play.

My old dude ponies are both being awesome so far, so I'm satisfied.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mills posted:

Does Vanuatu not count?

That alliance imploded.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Bigass Moth posted:

I doubt that teaches you a whole lot since Val listed Monica Culpepper as the player she wants to be like. It was a year or two ago when half the girls listed Brenda as their inspiration when she got a silent edit but looked good doing it.

I hated Brenda in Nicaragua, but I'll still defend her in Caramoan, especially if people are talking about her as an "inspiration." Her game was the polar opposite of what it had been before, and she showed a lot of humility and strength of character.

Also, her FTC question was hilarious :v: Slightly petty, but very good TV, and a nice microcosm of why Dawn lost.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Lord Bude posted:

You have a very warped understanding of 'humility and strength of character' if you think any of those things existed in 'Pull out your teeth!' lady from Caramoan.

She helped her in the first place. She hung out with the minority alliance because they had more in common as humans. Everybody actually really liked her, and I'm sorry her lack of airtime hid that.

Like I said, the FTC question was a bit petty, but it made a very strong juxtaposition between how she and Dawn tested people out there.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

rafington posted:

Dawn having a gigantic breakdown over the teeth thing in front of Brenda was the whole reason that they were close in the first place, so Brenda had to know that it was an extremely vulnerable point of weakness for Dawn. You can argue Dawn shouldn't have been humiliated by it, but that doesn't change the fact that Brenda knew that making Dawn take out her teeth would be incredibly painful and difficult for her, and she still chose to shame Dawn anyways.

Sure, but Dawn used that vulnerability to require a favor/build a relationship with a friend/ally she backstabbed in quite cold blood. You can sit there and argue game this, real life that, but that's the kind of choice you have to make to play in the first place, and if Dawn wasn't cool with her unadulterated face going on national television, she shouldn't have signed up.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:lol::lol::lol: standing ovation for booting Rocker

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Remember the first week or two? I seem to recall that we were cautiously optimistic and the cast seemed to suck less than the preview stuff indicated.

:sigh:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

mancalamania posted:

It's tough to say for sure, but I think Natalie has this won. Assuming Jaclyn is out next, for Natalie to not make the Final 3 at this point she needs to somehow lose Final 4 immunity AND have Missy and Baylor both agree to betray her AND have Missy and Baylor not want to pursue the strategy of one of them voluntarily leaving to have a free jury vote AND have Keith not be willing to force a tie for her. And then it's hard to imagine Natalie losing at Final 3 unless the jury is super bitter and votes for Keith out of spite. And even then, that requires Keith squeaking into the Final 3 too somehow.

I wish this was true, but Jax is petulant and whiny and the single true remaining goat. I could see Missy taking her to the end because that as well as because of her silly respect for Jon, and I could see Baylor kind of wanting to win this thing.

Anyway Natalie made a great save after last ep's tribal, and whatever she did tonight was masterful. You see this with couples and I guess it goes for twinnies as well; quite often, one is a lot more palatable without the other.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

Baylor's move into my #2 slot.

I guess I agree, and that really just illustrates what a horrible, horrible season this has been. Baylor has been full of poo poo from the get-go, and her single redeeming quality is being Natalie's able and willing tool of a girlbuddy.

I've never liked Missy. She was invisible to begin, and then it was made clear that she was the Rice Bandit, as well as a bully.

Jax has disappointed me. She started to show a hint of prowess in the early game, but playing with Jon killed her spirit in a sad way.

Kieth (where the hell did that come from? I missed something.) was my absolute favorite coming out of the gate, and his gameplay idiocy has been unfortunate but he is at least good television.

I want Natalie to win because she is the only person at this point who remotely deserves it, but I almost don't want her to because it would give this season a single decent redeeming quality, like One World or South Pacific. I think that's why I'd love a Keith win: we finally get something even worse than Gabon and Mr. Crawley.

I guess that's also to say gently caress this Blood vs. Water concept. Having their loved ones around really killed Baylor and Jax especially, and Natalie without Nadya is refreshing. I thought part of the point of Survivor was dealing with the hardship of being without loved ones and the sense of any one person you could actually trust.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Isn't the finale on Wednesday? I think they scrapped the Sunday finale tradition.

Either that, or they knew what a dud this was going to be and chose to keep the prime Sunday real estate for something that would rake in actual advertising dollars.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Met posted:

Like how they showed off that they let a Make-a-Wish kid make a challenge but completely neglected to remind the audience that this challenge broke Missy's leg?

How quickly we forget the season where the very first challenge broke a girl's arm.

....I think that was One World so maybe forgetting is for the best, but that girl was kind of the only one who seemed to have a personality.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The worst part is, I remember being a teenager watching Pearl Islands and...liking Rupert :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Red_Museum posted:

Amazing Race premiere is the same night isn't it?

Rob C hinted at cast release this week on the Mr/Miss Survivor podcast

Who won, anyway? I don't really want to listen through the whole thing but I must know.

• Locked thread