Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
It's a snake vomitting up another snake that it ate. Snakes sometimes will vomit up their food if it's too big, or if they want to re-eat it in a different orientation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
I would argue that Jaclyn's loved one is more of a Kelly since I literally can't remember him doing anything except a brief moment of admiring his own biceps after he pushed someone off the platform in the second immunity challenge.

EDIT: I'm seeing this season completely differently than most of you, because I'm enjoying the heck out of it and think there is some cooling gaming going on.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Haha, I didn't even realize that the girl's name is literally Kelley. I thought we were talking about Kelleys in the metaphorical sense, but nope, I take back my previous statement because obviously if I didn't even know her name then she is a true Kelley.

I feel like there is some paradox in that statement but I'm standing by it.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
There are more matches then we are shown on TV so that editors have more exciting matches to pick from when airing the show. The actual number of "points" to win the challenges are rarely what we are told. You have to pay attention to when Jeff is actually talking on screen and when Jeff's voice-over is telling the rules to the viewers.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
If Baylor being a country music youtube non-entity is making people think she's entitled then you guys must also hate the other 3/4 of this show's casting which consists of models, sports stars, and actors/actresses. There used to be a time when we could literally google any young woman cast on this show and find her Playboy spread on the first page.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
I've mentioned it before, but 'One World' has one of the best* Survivor narratives I've seen on the show. Kim, a recently divorced owner of a wedding store, has to convince a bunch of women to constantly act against their own best interest in keeping her around. Outside the game, her literal real-world profession is to convince women to buy tons of unnecessary poo poo to in order to fulfil their "dreams", while she already is a hollow husk after her own marriage went to poo poo. People clamour over other 'mastermind' players of this game (many who had to return several times before they ever won), but Kim is seriously one of the most cold-blooded awesome masterminds the show has had.

*The best narrative was the back-to-back rise of Russell in Samoa followed by Sandra burning his iconic hat and then destroying him (and every other winner) at the end of HvV.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Jeremy's alliance management is poo poo, and he essentially let his own alliance-mates poo poo on Julie when he absolutely needed her not to quit. He should have had a person on her 24/7 to make sure she felt loved and important as soon as he noticed she was starting to fade. Also, it may be the editing, but the motherfucker will not stop complaining. I watch this show with my wife, and she went off to get a drink right after the immunity challenge ended and Jeremy came on to screen and apparently she was able to tell he was bitching again just from the tone of his voice.

I love this season, and Baylor is going to end up on the Final Three because the universe always picks the comedy option.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
I would have to go back to episode 1 to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure the editors are intentionally putting a "Jeremy bitches endlessly" section after every single immunity challenge. I usually go the the restroom after the immunity winner gets the necklace, and I swear to god I know the show is back on because I can hear Jeremy bitching.

But yeah, it was an excellent play by him to get rid of Josh, and despite his weird confessionals and need to send men to protect his Boston PD wife I still think he has a really good game sense, and is a really good social player that managed to convince all the women to stick with him.

EDIT: Honestly Jaclyn and Jon seem to have the best relationship since he actively has mentioned that she can take care of herself, and they at least seem to discuss their plays as equals. It's rather refreshing to see.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
J & J have always been gunning for Jeremy, but last week they decided they had a chance to get rid of Josh, so they did that first. How soon we forget that they were ready to pull the trigger on him two weeks ago and he was only saved by a player quitting. I really love what they've done this season. They have managed to decapitate the two big alliances post-merge all while being able to say, "We were never really part of your alliance, so it's not a backstab." I mean, Josh and Jeremy might still be hating on Baylor/Missy for these votes since both have reasons to think that they were betrayed by THAT couple and not J & J.

Edit: Holy poo poo, there are a lot of J's this season.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

I'm pretty certain that Probst said two of the players were the dumbest. He didn't mention them by name, but Leif/Kat/Christina were the frontrunners.

It was two people, and Probst said he would never let anyone that stupid near the game again...which was why a lot of us were really confused when Kat came back. My only theories are that Kat somehow was not the stupidest person ever cast, or she was one of the two and they really wanted her boyfriend on the show and they needed her to complete the original Blood vs. Water gimmick.

EDIT: Real talk: It was likely Leif and Christina. There are several deleted scenes from that season that have contestants talking about how Christina didn't seem to be fully functioning when ever they tried talking to her, and Leif was completely out of it whenever he had a chance to speak.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
loving awesome episode. I'm really enjoying the hell out of this season. Too bad Jeremy is gone though, the immunity challenge felt empty without his complaining transitioning into commercial.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

I'm so glad that I have parents who would call me out or not defend me if I were being an idiot.

I see and hear of so many parents who seem to have confused being a parent with "always defend them no matter what".

Ehhh, I don't know. I really don't see how Baylor is considered a bad person. She's boring, coasting at the game, and doesn't have any strategy, but she doesn't come off as being particularly nasty or unpleasant. She hasn't thrown any bitch fits at camp (Every contestant whose name starts with J), intentionally treated other team members like poo poo (Drew/Alec), or anything else that would make her a "brat". She is absolutely correct when she decided that she didn't owe Josh anything, and she got a wicked sweet burn on her mother last episode when she mentioned that her mother had a tendency to cling to men a little too long. She really isn't that bad honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
The best part is that the Tyler Perry Idol didn't even get used. Like its special power could have literally been "This realistic idol is completely useless, and is just for show" and Tony's tactic still would have worked.

• Locked thread