Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
There's a caveat to this you can actually recieve SSI and not be qualified for SSDI or Adult Disabled Child, basically if you become disabled before the age of 22 when your father or mother retire you can claim on their Social Security when it become available to them.

I actually qualify for SSI and get it when I am ill , it's a ridiculous system and I'm constantly at this point dealing with them on a monthly basis as I work part time and trying to go back to school.

However they deny that I am able to claim SSDI, on my fathers SS because of my (spotty at best) work history and the fact that I went to school and am in a training program with Illinois Rehab Services.

So yeah the whole systems kind of loving wonky.

The best advice I can give is get a lawyer and request information on a Disability advocate, they Government pays people and organization to be these and their really helpful for navigating the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
You can't earn more than 1037 dollars on SSI, that's gross. Not Net. Then they deduct 80 Dollars from what you own then 1/2 that is taken from your check. The maximum amount of money you can ever make is 1037 gross and gives you like a 200 dollar check each month.

edit:

You can keep drawing on your parents SSDI , it's called Adult Disabled Children, basically you can get SSDI if your parents paid into SS and are dead or retired. Look into it.

• Locked thread