Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

mugrim posted:

I'm kind of surprised with the relative absence of posts. Is SS Disability not juicy enough for people? We have a ton of Libertarians on this board who I assumed would be all too happy to debate the merits of a disability program, and a ton of lefties I assumed would be outraged by the insane wait times. Anyone have any insight on this?

Sure.

1) There are not a lot of libertarians on this board. There are some centrist liberals who get cast in that role and some trolls, but nobody who will say they think we shouldn't do SS Disability or gently caress THOSE POORS in a thread that isn't already terrible.

You wrote a good OP about an important topic that is fairly technical and isn't intensely partisan. Unless you get Fishmech involved it will be dead in a couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Might be a good thread to move to ask/tell after discussion here dies down.

Yeah it'd probably do really well there.

OP, can you comment on whether SS disability serves as a backdoor long term unemployment insurance? ie: whether there is a way for people who can't get jobs because there are none but otherwise aren't disabled to get into the system?

• Locked thread