Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I can't help but feel like the problems with SSD stem from the same source as the arguments against a basic guaranteed income for the poorest class - both require that at some level one accepts that yeah, not everyone affected is going to use the money like a saint or even a respectable citizen who has 2.5 kids and a white picket fence, and not being able to declare that state of affairs acceptable and worth it to bring a decent standard of living to the disadvantaged leads to poo poo like the $2000 limit on money saved at once, reevaluations of disabilities when the disability in question is demonstrably permanent, and other such fuckery.

e: beaten by Obdicut's much nicer post (and I seriously agree that GMI would be for sure the way to really fix a lot of poo poo, if it weren't for how tremendously difficult it would be to get that any kind of national traction).

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread