Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HodjasBitch
Apr 24, 2003

Too bad you revealed what a huge asshole you are so early in the game.....I woulda put out.
Fun Shoe
Oh hey, thread! I'm in the middle of filling out my Continuing Disability Review(SSA-454-BK) paperwork right now! :dance:

This is my third review in eleven years, I think. I get them confused with Medicaid and the Dept. of Rehab Services who punted my rear end last December. The amount of paperwork and spend downs I have to deal with to try to remain independent and cover my medications and oxygen is exhausting. I do have Medicare, but they don't cover everything, and the State of IL thinks I have an extra $198 a month to spend before I qualify for Medicaid again. That's just crazy talk. I'm grateful for what I get, though. I squeak by.

I am pretty sick, though. I have pulmonary hypertension, sarcoidosis, CHF, clotting disorders, all kinds of autoimmune fuckery. One swell guy told me during the last election cycle that I have already outlived any money that I've paid into the system, and I should stop being a leech on society. Cannot wait for the 2016 Presidential race.

I did qualify on my own, first try, for SSD. I worked as a CNA before I became disabled, so I kept pretty detailed records of my own extensive medical history. The best advice I can give anyone is to really learn about their condition, and understand medical terminology as it applies to their records. Don't expect someone else to be an advocate for you.

fake edit: What the poo poo, Lord Windy? I realize that you posted a few days ago, but every person I know from Oz has told me that you guys have the best programs down there, and you don't let interlopers in to enjoy what you have. Why do you want our cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread