Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
For Halloween, the SA Forums should be reskinned as Monstergeddon forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Choco1980 posted:

No lie, I would read Monstergeddon every day given the choice.

(I'd also post to it, but then again I'm an irl monster, so ymmv)

Isn't there a monster inside all of us? :yohoho:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tatum Girlparts posted:

A trenchcoated angel named BlastielAngel? :drac:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

pkfan2004 posted:

The big upside of Howard being in jail is that he can easily rack up the biggest kill count this year by going apeshit on a bunch of unarmed convicts with wolf powers.

I love how all of the characters have developed personalities and backstories too.

"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME!"

But less badass and more failure.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I don't have this Photoshop thing, so I can't really use any of it. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Going to be boring and vote for the most informative.

Although as an obvious Lovecraftian horror fan, I do have sympathies for those who dwell in the depths... :cthulhu:

Anyway, thank you guys for just doing an amazing job year by year. By far my favorite front page feature, if I haven't already said it enough.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If we're doing bespoke avatars, well, I can think of one that would suit my username quite well. :wink:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I am rereading the old ones from the start, still hilarious.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is it wrong I kinda want Howard to get a 'legit' win? Come on, dogballz, you can do it.

Also the image of a kaiju having a tantrum because he didn't get a trophy is amazing.

I don't know, would he really be the same dogballz we all know and love if he didn't have to find excuses for his shortcomings on a regular basis?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Choco1980 posted:

Yes, but what does that have to do with Rabbit Stew?

Well, you can't really have that because it's actually Duck Season.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cubone posted:

I just read that as the werewolves patronizing Gervis. We used to do that type of poo poo on the forums I used to admin. Somebody shows up to talk poo poo about something or another, and the sarcastic assholes all join his fan club.
Idk about Ted, maybe Ted was just kissing Gervis' rear end because he saw it as a solution to the wife problem. But Howard seems exactly the type to me. He was clearly messing with him with the Batman derail, and Howard doesn't sweat a showdown, or at least doesn't let on that he does- he straight up murdered Masked Slasher, and called him out both before and after Slasher turned undead, for not showing up to kill him. Howard was standing back and laughing about Leopold, too.

I don't know, I get the impression that Howard is all bark and no bite.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Woohoo! I can't believe I won the Monstergeddon cup by just killing people's time! :haw:

If it's okay to ask continuity questions, when did Scotty Gervais come back from the dead? I thought I read through everything, but I can't remember.

Rumda posted:

There's not necessarily a reason why deathgirl's death had to be related to any hacking, I mean she had already revealed her weakness to Scotty and her address was revealed when phantom menace was creeping on her.

Unless you count social engineering as hacking.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Spergminer posted:

Can somebody explain why both Howard and Ted's avatars says SG-4-PREZ near the end of the latest update?
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/monstergeddon-results-2014/6/

Speculations have been tendered, starting here:

Onomarchus posted:

I wonder what is going on with LuvsTaKill's tagline (which I assume means "Scotty Gervis for President") spreading to other monsters (UndeadTed and Dogballz69). They seem to be themselves, meaning he has not killed them and posted on their accounts that way, but they don't seem the type to be supportive or ironical about adopting it. I suspect hacking.

In fact, LuvsTaKill may have hacked Deathgirl's information and doxxed her to frame Phantom Menace or others, but knowing what we know about the #KellerGate community/"movement," I doubt that false-flag theory is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Limbo posted:

I find myself caught up enough in the board's existence that I keep trying to click the board page changer before remembering to use the SA one.

So it's not just me! :unsmith:

• Locked thread