Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I'm waiting for this to be around $20 or maybe even $25 before I pick it up.

Not sure if it's because that's all it looks to be worth or indies and steam sales have taught me not to pay that much for a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Is it possible to make crossovers and such? I'm trying to double track a line but I can't figure out how to connect the two lines.

Also it would be nice that if I'm building under a bridge I've already built that it would be smart enough to move the bridge piers instead of making me go around them.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Does there have to be space between the tracks for that to work, or can they be directly next to each other? They're touching, and if I click on one and drag to the other, nothing happens.

Also, how does freight work? I've got an iron ore mine producing "26/50" whatever that means, and my train has been there for months and it only has 3 units.

E: No, nevermind about the connecting tracks, I just wasn't dragging enough length. Still no idea how freight works.

E2: And I think I solved my cargo problem as well, I need to move cargo where it wants to go, not where I want it to go. Time to start a new game I guess.

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 21, 2014

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
OK still don't get freight. I understand that freight naturally moves from point A to point B, and the best I can do is just replicate that with my vehicles. But it's really lame that trucks make way more sense economically than trains for freight until they get enormous.

Also if everything on the map is stuck at 0 production how am I supposed to get anywhere with that?

• Locked thread