Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Holy poo poo, you're just blowing through the levels! This is so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm genuinely wondering if this will lead to a high or a low-chaos ending. On the one hand you don't pull any punches and kill quite a few guards (and execute all of the targets, which for some reason the game considers high-chaos), on the other and you ignore 80% of a level and its npcs. I really don't know what the game's verdict will be.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think he's heading for low chaos. There's enough wiggle room that you can still get low if you kill all the targets plus a few guards each level. He's right on the line though.

Drachir D Nalem
Aug 14, 2012
Isn't the limit like five people dead per level? Under that, you're golden.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah. so far it looks like he's headed for low chaos. Kind of a shame, really; the high chaos version of the final level is much more fun.

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!
This is an amazing LP.
I really can't believe how fast you can get through some of these levels.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Drachir D Nalem posted:

Isn't the limit like five people dead per level? Under that, you're golden.

I thought it was more of a fifth could be killed per level. (i.e. you avoided or choked-out/sleep-darted 4 dudes for each one you killed)

Since he's just blazing through the levels, barely interacting with anyone, he could drat well end up with low chaos.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

LashLightning posted:

I thought it was more of a fifth could be killed per level. (i.e. you avoided or choked-out/sleep-darted 4 dudes for each one you killed)

Since he's just blazing through the levels, barely interacting with anyone, he could drat well end up with low chaos.

20%, as I recently found out. The official number from Bethesda.

Errant Signal did a pretty interesting video on Dishonored, and that's how I found out.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
The thing about chaos levels is that it's 20% across the entire game (I'd swear it was more like 50%, but apparently 20% is the "official" number). So even if you're particularly bloodthirsty like I was it's really easy to revert to a save two levels back from the end, and then play through those non-lethally. As long as you didn't intentionally murder everyone earlier in the game that should lower your average enough to see the "good" ending.

Doing a speedrun like this there isn't a chance in hell he'll be able to kill 5%, much less 20% or more. He could always splice in the high-chaos final level though - since it's way more fitting for the storyline. The low-chaos level is bland and empty by comparison.

Definitely enjoying the vibe on this LP, keep up the good work :)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Turbo Corvo is absolutely amazing to watch in action. You can really book it in this game.

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

Glazius posted:

Turbo Corvo is absolutely amazing to watch in action. You can really book it in this game.

They set it up pretty well in this game. With all the relics they throw at you, we've got level 2 Agility (double jump + faster run speed) and level 2 Blink (Blink goes farther) before the second level is even complete. Also, I love it when games give you teleports. Especially if they are spammable like Blink is. That was the one redeeming thing about E.Y.E. That telefrag ability (even though you have to basically grind for 24 hours just to get it). What Corvo would do to have him one of those.

perochialjoe fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 5, 2014

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That would explain it. I tend to prioritize upgrades that give you more mobility and access more secrets, and I can confirm that the stuff you can pull off with Agility and Blink II is just silly. I think I went through entire levels without setting foot on ground level.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
I'm loving how exasperated Corvo is finding out that everyone was already worshipping the devil without him knowing about it. He's like a hipster finding out that his favorite band was popular before he ever heard of it.

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

I guess since we know their secret they aren't going to bother trying to hide it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Martin has impressive body tension. Must be a part of his zealot training.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
With Stokolov now kidnapped, I can finally post one of my favorite videos from that chapter. It's not as pro-speedrun as perochialjoe's, but gets extra points for style.

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

S.D. posted:

With Stokolov now kidnapped, I can finally post one of my favorite videos from that chapter. It's not as pro-speedrun as perochialjoe's, but gets extra points for style.

Why carry him down yourself when you can break time and space?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Nice of Sam to throw in a little cheerleading at the end there. "Get 'em Corvo!" Is hardly the worst thing to hear after a job well done.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

what the hell happened with that dialogue audio? Did you edit the game and if not, how the hell does such a bug happen?

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

Nice of Sam to throw in a little cheerleading at the end there. "Get 'em Corvo!" Is hardly the worst thing to hear after a job well done.

I'm kind of surprised that they bothered recording dialogue for when you fight people near Sam. I figured they would have made people disengage when you get near Sam to avoid the awkward scenario where you fight a guard and Sam just stands off to the side doing his own thing.

double nine posted:

what the hell happened with that dialogue audio? Did you edit the game and if not, how the hell does such a bug happen?

Editing :effortless:

I figured it was more appropriate given the ending of part 4 and that really odd glitch. I've actually never seen that glitch happen before in this game. I guess it's because I got back to Havelock before he got into the area for the cutscene, but I had the objective so it forced him into the sitting and drinking animation. I have no idea.

perochialjoe fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 14, 2014

TwistedSynapse
Dec 31, 2012

Voted Most Purple Wizard
2007, 2009, 2011, and 2014
I'm really loving the general notion that Corvo is watching reality slowly come unhinged around him :allears:

This is a good LP, and you should feel good.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

This was posted in the general dishonored thread but it deserves a mention here: it's one of the last missions in the game as performed by the perfect robot assassin. It's insane how some of the kills were carried out.

SPOILERS ALERT: both of mechanics we have not seen AND late-game plot. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R46RoDuJin8

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

double nine posted:

This was posted in the general dishonored thread but it deserves a mention here: it's one of the last missions in the game as performed by the perfect robot assassin. It's insane how some of the kills were carried out.

SPOILERS ALERT: both of mechanics we have not seen AND late-game plot. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK:

Oh my god, that entire first segment was a work of art.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I wonder how many tries that took.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

ViggyNash posted:

Oh my god, that entire first segment was a work of art.

Also the parts after it, good lord what a run

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I never even knew explosive bolts had full ballistics.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It is kind of ridiculous how fast you can go when you want to. Poor Sokolov. He didn't even get to finish dictating his experimental notes.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I wasn't completely sold at first but watching you breeze through the sewer section including dodging past every guy there is what made it for me. I spent like 15 minutes on that part and seeing you shoot through it in maybe 90 seconds was hilarious.

double nine posted:

Holy poo poo. And I thought I'd gotten to be pretty good at this game. That dude makes me look like a frickin amateur.

Edit: My god he has loads of videos just as well planned out as that one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YbaebrT3Bk
"He misses the days he spent at see" Goddamn.
Also, 7:50 is a real treat.

Edit 2: And he seems to have an obsession with shooting every single enemy in the foot just so he can execute them while they're squirming on the ground.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 9, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
What happened to the lp btw? Its been a while since the last update.

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

What happened to the lp btw? Its been a while since the last update.

Still going, I've just been really busy lately and haven't had much spare time. I'll have an update done probably tomorrow.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

perochialjoe posted:

Still going, I've just been really busy lately and haven't had much spare time. I'll have an update done probably tomorrow.

Nice! I was really hoping it wasn't dead because its a pretty amazing lp.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Voted 5, amazing. Can't wait for the rest.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
I played through this game last week at a fairly ponderous pace, sneaking around and being all cautious.

I never could've imagined what I was missing. :allears:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Striking Yak posted:

I played through this game last week at a fairly ponderous pace, sneaking around and being all cautious.

I never could've imagined what I was missing. :allears:

There's a PC Gamer video on YouTube, that details three extreme play styles ("no Outsider powers"; "I was never here"; and "swordfight everyone"). Phone posting, so I can't link it, but it gave some pretty interesting ideas.

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

All according...ish to plan.

Also just noticed the thread is gold :dance: Thanks for the support all

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
Just as I finished watching the videos a new one arrives. :haw:

Would you mind including the mission stats? I'm interested how many alerts you're getting with this style. And will you be showing off other stuff after you finish the game? I'm totally entranced here.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's rare to see a game where it can be played so that the cutscenes are longer than the game, but the adventures of Corvo Gonzales are pretty funny. Looking forward to more.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hilarious as always. Although at the rate he's going, Corvo's gonna have knees like Rey Mysterio's in fairly short order.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Where are your manners? You forgot to sign the guest book!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

This mission makes me the most uncomfortable. Not only are you killing someone who is as close to innocent as you can get in this game, if you read up on her she is more or less coerced to associate herself with the Lord Regent.

Also the non-murderous option is arguably a fate worse than death so there really are no good options here.

• Locked thread