Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
She locked herself in a room with Corvo. If only she'd left him a path to teleport away he never would have noticed her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Would it be possible for you to show off the high chaos version too, or is it not very different when you're blazing through it at the speed of light?

EDIT: If you have a save handy, of course. Quick as it would be for someone with your speedrunning skills I'm not expecting you to do a full playthrough for it.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 19, 2015

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

HMS Boromir posted:

Would it be possible for you to show off the high chaos version too, or is it not very different when you're blazing through it at the speed of light?

It takes time to kill that many people.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So, how long in total did this run take? Must have been just under an hour tops.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I... I... wow. :stare:

Just wow. The other LP I saw for this took no less than 20 minutes for that last level on the fastest playthrough of it, and that was starting at the point when they get off the boat, not the whole "finding out how to contact the boat and get going to the tower" bit.

Seriously, this was amazing and I loved it.

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

Donkringel posted:

Why did Corvo straight up butcher that one gal? Everyone else (unless the specific target) got to live.

Had to maintain this 'moral ambiguity' he's heard so much about.

HMS Boromir posted:

EDIT: If you have a save handy, of course. Quick as it would be for someone with your speedrunning skills I'm not expecting you to do a full playthrough for it.

I don't imagine it would be any different. That section only took 45 seconds to go through and most of the guards didn't even have time to notice me. I'm not sure what's in high chaos but I don't think it would be anything that could screw up that route.

Samovar posted:

So, how long in total did this run take? Must have been just under an hour tops.

It's hard to tell with the cutscenes included. My record is 47:55.9 (glitchless which means I had to actually go through the jail level as well). So it's pretty safe to assume that in terms of time spent in the levels, it was less than an hour especially since I was able to retry all the parts that I normally screw up at (that jump to the window behind Daud is a real pain in the rear end, as can the wall jump in the last level).

Shei-kun posted:

I... I... wow. :stare:

Just wow. The other LP I saw for this took no less than 20 minutes for that last level on the fastest playthrough of it, and that was starting at the point when they get off the boat, not the whole "finding out how to contact the boat and get going to the tower" bit.

Seriously, this was amazing and I loved it.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad people liked this idea so much. We'll see how well Daud handles the power. He did seem a bit more professional than Corvo, maybe he'll even end the LP with his original kneecaps in tact (even though that just puts Corvo ahead in line for the singularity).

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Great series. Loved the gameplay, and the running narrration was fun. Looking forward to the DLC!

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013
I just bought the GOTY edition because of this LP.
Even without the craz y speedrun tricks, it's still really fun.

Probably the only FPS game I've enjoyed since Bioshock 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
it is hilarious that turbo-Corvo got the best ending, though I suppose a lack of incidental death will do that for you.

• Locked thread