Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

He's upset he can't twink anymore.

Uhhhhhh Ok then. *eyes the Op suspiciously*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Im not going to read it. Could you sum it in 6 words or less? Thanks.

Taint Reaped again, you human being.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Also, who goes around impersonating a guy on youtube? I am legit curious. :allears:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kazvall posted:

Also, who goes around impersonating a guy on youtube? I am legit curious. :allears:

I'm "legit" not interested in talking with people from Games. Get lost.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kazvall posted:

what are you talking about dude that's the real pewdiepie

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This is a shared account for Pewdiepie, George "HotshotGG" Georgalidis, and several more likeminded hardcore gamers.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

01011001 posted:

what did they change for the console version

they let you trade legendaries again

its awesome

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
you don't have to re-unlock adventure mode by playing through all 5 acts in seasons if you've already done it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14058405896#17

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

seasons are sweeeeeeet

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
blizzards tricked people into thinking diablo 3 is good whenever a new patch comes out but its actually gay and always has been

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Hoodrich posted:

blizzards tricked people into thinking diablo 3 is good whenever a new patch comes out but its actually gay and always has been

only thing gayer than playing diablo 3 is posting about how gay diablo 3 is, try playng a game some time bro

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
if you play skelemancer you can just tab out of fights and trash talk modern blizard games AND get loot at the same time

diaBLOW 3 players can't do that poo poo when they're busy juggling dots or whatever the gently caress

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
they can but now its an option for 1/3 of the classes

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Diablo 3 is good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Its better than diablo 2 at this point

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

play path of exile instead

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ekster posted:

this is a good idea if you like being incredibly bored

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ekster posted:

Your better off playing Torchlight, despite PoE having cool "metagame" ideas or whatever their called.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Awesome! posted:

people have been whining for them to add ladders since launch so good for them for finally doing it i guess?

i don't understand how you can ladder in a non-competitive game, is it just drops or someshit or am i missing some quintessential aspect of diablo that makes it a pro gamer pvp deathmatch arena

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

The White Dragon posted:

i don't understand how you can ladder in a non-competitive game, is it just drops or someshit or am i missing some quintessential aspect of diablo that makes it a pro gamer pvp deathmatch arena

exclusive gear and events is how they did it in d2

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The White Dragon posted:

how do you think it works, dumbass

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
diablo 3 is fundamentally broken, no ros didn't fix it. dont buy blizzard games.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Ekster posted:

No.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

california roll posted:

dont buy blizzard games.

its really pretty straight forward

Dec 26, 2012

the grid alone isnt a problem, the fact that certain things in it are considered strictly necessary and other things are poo poo-weak is though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tranime scholar posted:

exclusive gear and events is how they did it in d2
oh so like some e-trinket giveaway poo poo? is it like a "everyone is a winner" marathon thing where anyone who <finishes the game, clears nightmare difficulty, i dunno> in the ladder timeframe or is it a race to the top where the poopsockers get the glory and the casuals get poo poo

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

how do you think it works, dumbass
man i dunno maybe some king of the hill poo poo where as soon as you kill diablo, you get warped to some arena room and get kited to death by some necromancer because you were a dumbass and built a werewolf druid

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Your better off playing Torchlight, despite PoE having cool "metagame" ideas or whatever their called.

Did they ever make Torchlight not boring and terribly balanced and reliant on searching through a billion lovely mods to find the one or two good ones? I remember it being even worse than PoE for the whole "Here's a bunch of options PS most of them suck" thing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

chumbler posted:

Did they ever make Torchlight not boring and terribly balanced and reliant on searching through a billion lovely mods to find the one or two good ones? I remember it being even worse than PoE for the whole "Here's a bunch of options PS most of them suck" thing.

TL2 has like Diablo 2 style (sort of) skill tree as in, just enough that you can remember what most options are and that it looks like your choices are valuable even if there's a bunch that don't make sense overall. So I don't know what your talking about. I'd rather just play Diablo 2 or even 3 than either TL2 or PoE though so.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Combat in both PoE and Torchlight feels like complete rear end.

And I don't mean in a "These skills suck!" (Although they do) kind of way but in a fundamental, haptic sense.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They make me think of like, Diablo 2 but missing something about it that makes killing stuff in that game epic even to this day. D3 for all its faults still approaches the sickness of knocking down a group of Venom Lords or Imps.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think they both feel really slow or something.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

The White Dragon posted:

oh so like some e-trinket giveaway poo poo? is it like a "everyone is a winner" marathon thing where anyone who <finishes the game, clears nightmare difficulty, i dunno> in the ladder timeframe or is it a race to the top where the poopsockers get the glory and the casuals get poo poo

no just a set of items that are dropped/crafted exclusively in ladder mode. in d2 it was ladder-only runewords, uniques and charms (gheed's iirc). for d3 i think they're doing ladder-only uniques and sets

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i think its funny that poe still has lovely netcode

like thats what its known for now, that diablo game with the lovely netcode

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
diablo3 is not only good, its really good

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

if you cross your eyes just right you can see goatse

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Combat in both PoE and Torchlight feels like complete rear end.

And I don't mean in a "These skills suck!" (Although they do) kind of way but in a fundamental, haptic sense.

Yeah I agree with this, for all its flaws d3's minute to minute action feels good

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
is Diablo 3's story as bad as Starcraft 2's?

I mean you'd have to be an idiot to play a Blizzard game for the story, but the story in SC2 was so offensively bad that I just couldn't take playing the campaign

Diablo 2 meanwhile had a really simple story told very well. I'm not sure what happened

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

is Diablo 3's story as bad as Starcraft 2's?

I mean you'd have to be an idiot to play a Blizzard game for the story, but the story in SC2 was so offensively bad that I just couldn't take playing the campaign

Diablo 2 meanwhile had a really simple story told very well. I'm not sure what happened

diablo 3's story is bad, yes

the original story is bad and the expansion story ends horribly

i think i blocked out most of the sc2 story so i cant comment on that

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
well I didn't expect it to be good, even by video game standards. I just need to know if it's so horribly written I'll spend all my time rolling my eyes and groaning instead of actually enjoying the game

SC2 felt like a Uwe Boll movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Diablo 3s story is stupid

• Locked thread