Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
Have you tried modifying your mortgage under HARP?

I did that for my father who is slightly underwater on his home and its been great. His payment went from 1280 to 890 a month with something like a 2.3% interest rate which rises to a max 3% after some period of time (It's been a while since I did it). If you make two years(?) worth of payments on time they knock 5,000 of the principal of the loan for being a good boy.

If you don't qualify for HARP your best bet is to just stop paying the mortgage.

Your lender will either find some way to work with you OR they'll take 2+ years to have you legally removed from the property. Hopefully giving you enough time to get some cash together to go rent somewhere. Your credit will be pretty hosed if you take this option though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread