Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swenblack
Jan 14, 2004

Bloody Queef posted:

I'm not one to advocate a rice and beans diet, and forgive me if I missed mouths other than you and your wife, but holy poo poo this is high. You live in a rural area so supermarkets are a thing, you're not existing on food from corner stores. My wife and I eat a lot of local grass fed beef, eggs from a local farm, and that hippy and/or expensive poo poo and we're at $400 even including tp and that stuff.

We're in a very different income and housing position than you guys are and I know we spend waaaaaay too much. However, we have in the past cut our bill down to sub $200 and still eat meat at almost every meal.
This isn't particularly useful. $450/month is $7.50/person/day. That's really not that high. It's a step above rice and beans, but not by all that much, particularly if it includes toiletries.

Zapf has nailed it. The problem isn't spending, it's income. Even if they do a short-sale and rent an apartment at $400/month, they're still an emergency away from bankruptcy. They could probably save a little money in some areas, like car insurance or phones, but it's not going to change their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread