Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
All in favor
aye
nay
View Results

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Cold on a Cob posted:

i've never seen dr who but i would tune in if this happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

agreed but that's a pretty good track record imo. also i think the it crowd is very good if you recognize the scottish guy as a foil and exclude the woman and laugh track.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i think the it crowd is very good if you recognize the scottish guy as a foil

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

scottish guy

gently caress yooooooooooooooooooouuuu!!!! :argh:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

he was being asked about a darkplace s2 and they said man to man with dean learner was kinda that and since they finished that he didnt see himself working with ayoade again and that darkplace should be left to rest as it is

the good thing about British TV shows only having a few short seasons is they don't get run into the ground or kept on life support long past their prime *cough*30 rock*cough*Simpsons*cough*south park

like I'd love another season of mighty boosh but in my heart of hearts I know it wouldn't be as good as I'd expect and I don't even know how you'd do a new season of dark place given the whole premise

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

A Pinball Wizard posted:

the good thing about British TV shows only having a few short seasons is they don't get run into the ground or kept on life support long past their prime *cough*30 rock*cough*Simpsons*cough*south park

like I'd love another season of mighty boosh but in my heart of hearts I know it wouldn't be as good as I'd expect and I don't even know how you'd do a new season of dark place given the whole premise

Arrested Development Season 4 :smith:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

jre posted:

gently caress yooooooooooooooooooouuuu!!!! :argh:

oh good, im not the onyl one then

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

A Pinball Wizard posted:

fawlty towers as a vocation

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

isn't the longest running show some british soap or whatever

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Squinty Applebottom posted:

isn't the longest running show some british soap or whatever
p. sure that it's guiding light which is an american soap opera

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

i was thinking of coronation street, been going on since 1960

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Squinty Applebottom posted:

i was thinking of coronation street, been going on since 1960

Guiding Light has been going since 1952?

Apr 7, 2003

Guiding Light (known as The Guiding Light before 1975, abbreviated commonly as GL) is an American television soap opera that is listed in Guinness World Records as the longest-running television drama in history, broadcast from 1952 until 2009, preceded by a 15-year broadcast on radio.[1] Guiding Light stands as the fourth longest-running program in all of broadcast history; only the Norwegian children's radio program Lørdagsbarnetimen (first aired in 1924, cancelled 2010), the American country music radio program Grand Ole Opry (first broadcast in 1925) and the BBC religious program The Daily Service (1928) have been on the air longer.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Holness was probably just acknowledging the fact that Ayoade's star has risen much higher than his and it's unlikely he'll work with a star like Ayoade again

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

A Pinball Wizard posted:

the third series was catchphrase based garbage. it really should have died after season 2

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
ayyyy lmayoade

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Trig Discipline posted:

ayyyy lmayoade

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

aye yo daddy

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Richard Ayoade should be the next Dr. Who, and it should basically be time-travelling Moss.

see i still think they should do at least one year where every episode has a different actor playing dr. who.

not like every episode starting with a regeneration (that would be idiotic), just *bam* actor actor actor. get a bunch of cool people who could never commit to a full year but would totally be down for a single episode.

like imagine james earl jones as dr. who

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i used to be a huuuuuge dr who fan but then they changed doctors and i realized i never liked doctor who i just had a huge boner for david tennant

welp thats my story

funny, since i loved eccleston and then totally lost interest when tennant arrived

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
idk who this guy is of whatever I'm just poppin in to say that dr who is traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash garbage for moron farthuffers

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
peace out

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
removbe bil cobsby.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
replace all cobsby imagbes with "fat albert" fanarts

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

rotor posted:

idk who this guy is of whatever I'm just poppin in to say that dr who is traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash garbage for moron farthuffers

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

rotor posted:

idk who this guy is of whatever I'm just poppin in to say that the palm pre is traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash garbage for moron farthuffers

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

bbc childrens likes dr who because its a kids show that comes out of the drama budget not the kids budget

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i caught the very end of the last dr who episode aired here and it was literally "NO DOCTOR YOU ARE THE DALEKS" and then doctor who was all :stonk:

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

rotor posted:

Apr 7, 2003

dr. who is a children show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

harry potter is a children's book

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

harry potter is a children's book

it is.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
harry potter is better than a lot of tripe written for children

it's no jacob two two meets the hooded fang though

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
although being a children's book doesn't mean a book can't be good. i loved the hell out of the wrinkle in time books

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it's actually really hard to write a quality book for childrena nd nyoung adults without resorting to poo poo that doesn't hold up for adult readers

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

although being a children's book doesn't mean a book can't be good. i loved the hell out of the wrinkle in time books

brave new world is YA fiction

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

wrinkle in time: :aaa:

wind in the door: :aaaaa:

swiftly tilting planet: "god drat just wrap it up already"

many waters: :what:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i don't think i actually finished many waters tbh. does it ever get not bad?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i don't think i actually finished many waters tbh. does it ever get not bad?

it's been a looong time since i read that stuff, although i do remember getting tired after a while

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Cold on a Cob posted:

harry potter is better than a lot of tripe written for children

it's no jacob two two meets the hooded fang though

the novelization of pokemon is better

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A Pinball Wizard posted:

also watch snuff box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqDbb7-dn9A

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

yep & yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
children's shows are the best

• Locked thread