Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

you also complained about needing to flail desperately to make motions work for the wii controllers so I think you should see a doctor about your motor skills

Motion controls sucked for Skyward sword. There is hard evidence for their sucklatude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Taint Reaper posted:

Motion controls sucked for Skyward sword. There is hard evidence for their sucklatude.

Wow. I bet you didn't even like Groose.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoubleDonut posted:

Wow. I bet you didn't even like Groose.

I had to suffer through countless hours just for a mere glimpse at groose. At times I found myself questioning if it was worth it, was anything worth it to bask in the aura of groose.

Dec 26, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

you also complained about needing to flail desperately to make motions work for the wii controllers so I think you should see a doctor about your motor skills

this is why hes the taint reaper and not the taint pleaser

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oh wow was this thread about Destiny once?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A game I am looking forward to

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

people who like console FPSs have terrible tastes in general, hth

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

re: thread topic it looks boring op

thanks for reading

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

it's not like there's anything else to play on your shiny new playstation

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hoodrich posted:

(Yes I will be buying and palying, but only when the PC version realeses)

Doing it wrong. Get it for the Xbone. Do not buy a Playstation for this, either.

You'll thank me when you're too busy having fun to give a poo poo about how there's no mouse controls.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
please move the destiny Games thread here for safekeeping the day before launch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Doing it wrong. Get it for the Xbone. Do not buy a Playstation for this, either.

You'll thank me when you're too busy having fun to give a poo poo about how there's no mouse controls.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
i probably won't like Destiny because i don't like Halo.

i like TLOU and just got into the multiplayer, it's pretty fun

thanks for listening :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ekster posted:

people who like console FPSs have terrible tastes in general, hth

console games are pretty rad like all games smh

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
half a million on marketing or whatever and I still don't know literally anything about destiny except its got guns and theres like a guy on the cover?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Foxhound posted:

half a million on marketing or whatever and I still don't know literally anything about destiny except its got guns and theres like a guy on the cover?

There's also all sorts of destinies, don't forget!

Slightly more serious answer: there was a big space ball on Mars and some astronauts found it. The space ball knew all about science and we learned a lot from it like how to make floating robots who sound like Tyrion Lannister and how to use midichlorians. Then some bad stuff happened and only one city that was directly shielded by the Space Ball survived, and then the Covenant came but there are four main groups who don't like each other very much.

It is your destiny to get loot, Diablo/Borderlands-style while shooting things Halo/Borderlands-style.

Your *Destiny.*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

also every planet seems to have different gravity from some videos i saw so that could be cool.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Slightly more serious answer: there was a big space ball on Mars and some astronauts found it. The space ball knew all about science and we learned a lot from it like how to make floating robots who sound like Tyrion Lannister and how to use midichlorians. Then some bad stuff happened and only one city that was directly shielded by the Space Ball survived, and then the Covenant came but there are four main groups who don't like each other very much.

It is your destiny to get loot, Diablo/Borderlands-style while shooting things Halo/Borderlands-style.

Your *Destiny.*

so mass effect basically

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AHungryRobot posted:

so mass effect basically

less sex

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Hoodrich posted:

Bungie who basically created the Modern CONSOLE FPS.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

console fps is the way of the warrior. much discipline is needed to gank with only one's thumbs.

you have much to learn.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
well, I did like tribes ascend when it was still beta so I guess I'm tainted by halo stuff anyway

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AHungryRobot posted:

so mass effect basically

More overt "light versus THE DARKNESS" symbolism and probably will have a similar but better explained ending, yes.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

program666 posted:

well, I did like tribes ascend when it was still beta so I guess I'm tainted by halo stuff anyway

tribes ascend was pretty fun for awhile but then they went full goddamn retard on it, and it became poo poo

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

fun game with shitter mmo elements/story/writing and amazing lance reddick voice acting

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
for some reason they got a fancy British man to do the voiceovers for PvP stuff so every fight sounds like a nature documentary

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

for some reason they got a fancy British man to do the voiceovers for PvP stuff so every fight sounds like a nature documentary

At least PvP will be some kind of interesting now.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

destiny is so hyped and is going to get perfect ratings because activision spent a poo poo load of money on it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gonna play it. gonna have fun.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Can't wait to ignore the hell outa this game

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cause of bungie i guess

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
the opinions in this thread are like walking into a grocery store and all the fruit is all gross and rotten and you turn to ask a clerk where the good opinions are but when you look at him you realize it's actually a mirror and the retard was inside yourself the whole time
also destiny is a game and i might play it or i might not but it'll probably have some good parts and some bad parts maybe?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hello Meow posted:

the opinions in this thread are like walking into a grocery store and all the fruit is all gross and rotten and you turn to ask a clerk where the good opinions are but when you look at him you realize it's actually a mirror and the retard was inside yourself the whole time
also destiny is a game and i might play it or i might not but it'll probably have some good parts and some bad parts maybe?

No one, and I mean actually no one and not just in this forum, wants to read your childish, crudely formed "opinions" about things you absolute smacktard coward. Go write it in a .txt file and let the grownups talk about why Destiny is going to be loving awesome.

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009

Wormskull posted:

No one, and I mean actually no one and not just in this forum, wants to read your childish, crudely formed "opinions" about things you absolute smacktard coward. Go write it in a .txt file and let the grownups talk about why Destiny is going to be loving awesome.

where is your manager :saddowns:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

goons overhype the poo poo out of sub par at best games too

and halo

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

elf help book posted:

gamers are retarded

E: proof VVV

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 3, 2014

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

halo is good, and fun.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Wonderful 101 was just an average game and they only latched onto it because the Wii-U had next to nothing out at the time. People had a ton of issues with Okami and Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. Not a whole lot of people liked Bayonetta.

It fits the list.

this guy is a freakig idiot why do teh iks let him post at all ...

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
it's not gonna be perfect but the sheer amount of exploration along with it is gonna be awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Your *Destiny.*

This is literally the plot of Mass Effect.

• Locked thread