Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Yes, yes, let the Destiny mocking begin :kheldragar:

It looks like the Avatar of games; super safe, tame and flat after being focus-grouped to the nth degree.

For all the criticism levelled at Titanfall as another hyped up game, at least it has an edge to it and does some fairly confident ballsy things, like not pandering to the MLG/COD crowd with excessive unlocks, featuring women prominently, no singleplayer campaign, AI minions, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Why don't consoles just adopt mouses for shooters instead of still using bullshit autoaim.

Most games don't actually have autoaim, usually only a DPI-switching effect when the crosshair is over a target to temporarily slow down aiming. Halo is really an isolated example of "grabbing" autoaim but dumb people hold it up as representing all console shooters.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 had the best thumbstick aiming I've come across in a console FPS, and that had no assists at all and tight hitboxes. The difference between it and Battlefield 3 was very odd, as I found it more difficult to precision aim in that.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Silver Striker posted:

ODST was the best halo game.

A true and correct opinion if I ever did see one. I want an ODST 2 with Republic Commando's squad command.

• Locked thread