Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hoodrich posted:

(Yes I will be buying and palying, but only when the PC version realeses)

Doing it wrong. Get it for the Xbone. Do not buy a Playstation for this, either.

You'll thank me when you're too busy having fun to give a poo poo about how there's no mouse controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Foxhound posted:

half a million on marketing or whatever and I still don't know literally anything about destiny except its got guns and theres like a guy on the cover?

There's also all sorts of destinies, don't forget!

Slightly more serious answer: there was a big space ball on Mars and some astronauts found it. The space ball knew all about science and we learned a lot from it like how to make floating robots who sound like Tyrion Lannister and how to use midichlorians. Then some bad stuff happened and only one city that was directly shielded by the Space Ball survived, and then the Covenant came but there are four main groups who don't like each other very much.

It is your destiny to get loot, Diablo/Borderlands-style while shooting things Halo/Borderlands-style.

Your *Destiny.*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AHungryRobot posted:

so mass effect basically

More overt "light versus THE DARKNESS" symbolism and probably will have a similar but better explained ending, yes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

for some reason they got a fancy British man to do the voiceovers for PvP stuff so every fight sounds like a nature documentary

At least PvP will be some kind of interesting now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sir John Feelgood posted:

If you guys care, ive discovered a way to stop playing boring $60 shooters you control with tiny sticks at 20 frames per second.

All I see is office equipment, though?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

what you see is the portal to the world of Own, friend

Pretty sure it's office equipment designed to help cubicle drones be more productive that has been jury-rigged to play games.

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Do you ever fight anything larger than a car sized robot

Yes. Yes you do. Surprise! It's a bullet sponge.

The magic in this game happens long, long after you get bored and stop playing. It's like the current version of Diablo 3 with a slightly less ridiculous story. It was made with MMO "gamers" in mind, with a lot of concessions to FPS players.

This game has a lot of potential it's not quite living up to at the moment. Knowing Bungie, they won't just drop the game and run, so I am fairly optimistic for the long run.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

The Diablo 3 story is way less offensive if only because Bungie has their head way up their rear end on this one and thinks that obviously every one is gonna LOVE this great, rich narrative they've cooked up so we better force them to watch it.

Destiny has lengthy, un-skippable cinematic sequences filled with the worst dialogue to ever waste Peter Dinklage's time. These sequences will play again and remain un-skippable even if you're repeating a mission you've already completed, on the same difficulty, on the same character.

WHAT THE gently caress.

I don't disagree.

Benny D posted:

Has there ever been a game that wasn't made better by the addition of a grappling hook?
Tenchu: stealth assassin is my nomination for best gaming grapple hook

The Bionic Commando reboot, silly grimdark and all, was loving awesome. Too bad a bunch of manchildren were upset that he grew his hair out or whatever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Lol people were making fun of them for this quote when they made it. Now that we know how much the story sucks, its even better.

To be fair, The Lord of the Rings had a super slow start. As a seven year old, I had to try reading it multiple times before they finally got to Rivendell and cool poo poo started to happen.

Perhaps more people than you think are seven years old?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Y-Hat posted:

but what's the shoehorned-in moral message that a 10th grader could have come up with?

I'm not sure there is one. Maybe it's hidden in one of the many, many grimoire cards.

zen death robot posted:

i think bungie is afraid of letting people play their games with m+kb

It's the modern equivalent of Plessy v. Ferguson. makes u think

Blackheart posted:

Why don't consoles just adopt mouses for shooters instead of still using bullshit autoaim.

Because you touch yourself at night.

Buschmaki posted:

Console shooters are okay if you're young like me and started out playing Goldeneye 64 and stuff like that, getting used to shooting on an N64 conttoller pretty much familiarizes you with almost all of the controllers out there. I'd say it's also much easier to switch from controller to kb+m, but all this complaining about console shooters just makes you seem like old and bitter af gamers, which is truly a sad gaming existence.

It's too late for them. The only cure is fire.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DoubleDonut posted:

haha, sweet family guy reference XD

Hmm, someone wasn't raised Catholic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SarutosZero posted:

Does this game have the Flood? If not then thanks I can save my $60 because lmao if I would ever give bungie money again after they hosed up and forget to include them in reach, odst, and halo 4. The best enemies in any shooter in history

Why would they be in Reach or 4? They were all sealed up yet in Reach, and were all killed at the end of 3. And ODST... takes place before they get to Earth (if they even did, which I don't even remember.)

SunAndSpring posted:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16227-order-1886-dev-defends-bungies-destiny-review-score-under-8-ludicrous.html

:lol: Don't bully Bungie! They made a game with good graphics, you fools! It can't be bad if the graphics are good! By the way be sure to play our cinematic movie game The Order 1886, which features such awesome movie tricks like capping the FPS to 24, forced letterboxing, and game scenes that play themselves.

It's something PC gamers (master race) are always talking about, loudly, at length, though. So they can hardly be blamed for trying to cram in all the peas.

:shobon:

• Locked thread