Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There's also all sorts of destinies, don't forget!

Slightly more serious answer: there was a big space ball on Mars and some astronauts found it. The space ball knew all about science and we learned a lot from it like how to make floating robots who sound like Tyrion Lannister and how to use midichlorians. Then some bad stuff happened and only one city that was directly shielded by the Space Ball survived, and then the Covenant came but there are four main groups who don't like each other very much.

It is your destiny to get loot, Diablo/Borderlands-style while shooting things Halo/Borderlands-style.

Your *Destiny.*

so mass effect basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

quote:

She leaves the Sparrow and climbs a long way across spars of volcano rock and between vents of blue fire. Down below the Ishtar ruins spark with skirmish light but the guns seem as distant and brief as the constant starfall and the brooding crater high above. She is alone on the rock. She goes on with her head down so as to fight the sense that she is going to fall up off the world and burn like an inverse meteor.

^that's basically what you can expect from destiny's writing

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Is warframe a better game than destiny? I only played a bit of it when I got my ps4 but I remember the shooting being pretty ok and it was free

never played destiny but warframe is pretty fun. i will say though that the grind to get good weapons and frames is long and really obnoxious.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Don't preorder games

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
it's sounding like destiny is making a lot of the same mistakes borderlands 2 made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
at the very least, the level scaling poo poo sounds pretty dumb and very similar to the system borderlands had in place

• Locked thread