Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I a world where the modern politician has eschewed simple pleasures for byzantine real estate deals, shady non-profits, and revolving door regulatory appointments it's good to know that Ron Paul still supports good old fashioned "Here's a big pile of cash, vote for me" bribery.

:lol: but did he pay in FIAT CURRENCY or Krugerrands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bribery is essentially legal, you simply have to funnel the money through the proper channels, which hilariously is money laundering. But hey, that's legal too!

So yeah, it's embarrassing that the suitcase full of cash is still used in American politics. Why are you taking all those jobs away from the lawyers and the 527 staffers?!?! :qq:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Imaginary GF posted:

You can still use a briefcase full of cash, as long as you keep a record of the serial numbers of the bills and attribute them as received in quantities under $200. If you're going to deliver a suitcase of cash to a bank for deposit, keep detailed records of the precisely legal route through which the precise bills were received.

Look man, I've given up fighting the system, do you have a low level office grunt position available? I'll sell out for 1.5x my student loans.

• Locked thread