Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Karki posted:

Please don't do this poo poo. I haven't watched those leaked work prints for a reason and you're getting pretty close to spoilers.

Fooma posted:

Not cool dude.

Oh no, there's a climactic scene involving Capaldi and special effects!? Guess there's no point in watching the episode now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's impolite you fuckwit

I'm usually pretty uptight about spoilers (and I haven't seen the workprints), but that post was about as vague as you can get.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Not as good as Jubilee but I think it might be better than Dalek.

More action!
More excitement!
More Daleks getting killed in very loud explosions!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Forktoss posted:

And Eccleston, Nine and Twelve would get along instantly.

Two Ecclestons and Twelve? I'd watch that.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

I have never watched the classic episodes and I know how each Doctor is slightly different from the others. So could you sum up each Doctor in a few words in whichever way you believe would best describe their personality?

Hartnell/1: Grumpy, cynical grandfather.
Troughton/2: Deceptively foolish
Pertwee/3: James bond in a cape
T. Baker/4:

Davison/5: Reserved and subtle
C. Baker/6: Brash and pompous
McCoy/7: Appropriately, sly. And devious.
McGann/8: Romantic, kind of wistful? He's hard to describe.

That's my take on them, anyways.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 1, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

After The War posted:

Only in the first couple stories. By season 2, he's a staunch anti-authoritarian who deals with problems by causing chaos and mischief. So basically a geriatric, moralistic Bart Simpson.

Hartnell's definitely the one that I've watched the least of, so I'm not surprised I was a bit off on that one. Haha.

I should probably fix that.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Potsticker posted:

That's true, but I don't think that this is how the Doctor, the hero, should behave. His actions, especially his treatment of Charlie in the beginning are not ever condemned in any way. Quite the opposite, as he's the one that comes out ahead in the end, saves the day and all that rubbish.

Did you listen to Neverland/Zagreus before getting to Scherzo?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Potsticker posted:

Neverland yes, Zagreus no. That came later. Honestly it didn't seem at the time that I had missed anything and just thought the end of Neverland was what sent them into the Divergent Universe.

I feel like his extreme reaction to her following him in and proclaiming that she loves him is kind of set-up at the end of Zagreus, though. It makes more sense when you hear what led up to it, at least, even if it's not a good or noble reaction for him to have.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

marktheando posted:

I don't know what The Newsroom is, but this is a weird thing to say. It's pretty much impossible to make a show that doesn't make some kind of social or political statement.

It's not a weird thing to say if you know what The Newsroom is.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Trin Tragula posted:

Course: Oblivion

I actually kind of love Course: Oblivion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Further evidence that Tom Baker is Boris Johnson in a brown curly wig.

Has the Doctor ever played wiff-waff on-screen?

• Locked thread