Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
McGann and Capaldi would be great based on what we've seen of Capaldi so far. Capaldi's sour-puss negative Doctor contrasted McGann's very human and emotional Doctor, I think they'd clash a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Trin Tragula posted:

Please remind him that both Demon and Course: Oblivion aired after Threshold.

Course: Oblivion is pretty good, I don't know what you're on about. Alternate version of the Voyager crew doomed to die? Rules pretty hard.

DoctorWhat posted:

I'd accept an American accent as long as it wasn't Yet Another White Dude. America is such a wonderful melting pot that it would be abominable to not reflect that. The diversity of Doctor cosplayers (although, unfortunately, not the diversity of Doctors) at the World Tour stop was fantastic!

I'd take a thick Queens (NY) voice coming from a black or hispanic or asian or [culture/ethnicity I'm sure I'm forgetting] Doctor, but I'd burn my coat if the gave the role to a white dude with a Hollywood accent.

And introducing as The Doctor ... Jerry O'Connell!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Metal Loaf posted:

Sliders was roughly what I imagine an American take on Doctor Who in the 1990s might have looked like.

As posted slightly earlier, that's actually Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bogus Journey

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Still hoping that they take advantage of David Bradley to make an episode with the first Doctor.

Hell, go for broke and do one with Peter Capaldi, David Bradley AND Paul McGann. Beginning, middle and end.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

• Locked thread